Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

10 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Absolutely fucking wild.

Our support have been incredible ever since we returned to the top flight watching them lift trophy after trophy whilst we fuck it. Criticising a group of players who continually let the club down on the internet is absolutely fine.

Trying to equate Clement’s current status/reputation with the lowly ‘job on a peg’ level of past managers out on their arse like Beale, Warburton, Caixinha - and GVB towards the end - is undoubtedly absolutely fucking wild.

He’s nowhere near that conversation.

16 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

They have both the exact same record im sure i seen posted the other day, however it is highly arguable that beales first x amount of games in charge he had a better squad, and less pressure on them than clements 

Hate going back to the mentality issue, but imo, had the tarriers not had that awful spell and allowed us back into the title race, games like motherwell and county we win, probably comfortably 

If clement took over from gio, theres absolutely no way the summer signings pan out as they did and leave us up the creek like beale has done squad wise 

This, the two situations are completely incomparable. I mean look at the fucking state of the European squad Beale had put in. The guy had no idea what he was doing. 

We have too many players in the team and squad who simply arent good enough. Clement has improved results but he as he stated himself isn't a magician. I do think not pushing for a proper striker in the window will prove costly.

30 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Trying to equate Clement’s current status/reputation with the lowly ‘job on a peg’ level of past managers out on their arse like Beale, Warburton, Caixinha - and GVB towards the end - is undoubtedly absolutely fucking wild.

He’s nowhere near that conversation.

He was criticising the players not the manager.

On 16/04/2024 at 13:50, STEPPS BOY said:

We all know Clement needs his own players but the worry for me is the real lack of any real tactics or shape in the team.

We have looked a complete mess out of possession now for a while.

Are we a pressing team - No

Do we play with an intensity - No

What is our style of play - Not sure.

Its worrying how often we end up saying this . Why can no manager come in and give us an identity and style

Its been said about Clement, Beale , gvb and even gerrard for periods. 

Very strange

34 minutes ago, skinnymate1690 said:

Its worrying how often we end up saying this . Why can no manager come in and give us an identity and style

Very strange

It’s too hard to unpick the cult of the superstar right back.

Which leaves all other options neutered.

1 hour ago, skinnymate1690 said:

Very strange

Gio clearly had a tactic and a system.

It wasn’t as effective in the end as we would have liked but domestically it was a control based possession system where we prioritised holding on to the ball until the opposition made a mistake in their low block that we could exploit.

It fell down when we didn’t move the ball quick enough and players like Tav and Lundstram got caught on the counter.

2 hours ago, skinnymate1690 said:

Very strange

Because that requires players brought in to fit that system. He’s working with players brought in for various systems/styles over time. Not many are his. 

I pray to fucking Christ PC has the balls to majorly shake things up in the summer

Tav and Goldson need to go I don’t even care about how much we get for them if even anything 

Tav gone, Goldson gone, Barisic gone, Wright gone, Lawrence gone, Davies gone, Dessers gone, Dowell gone  

Jack, Roofe, Lundstram no new contract 

🙏🏼

rip it up and start again, what is there to lose

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Looked completely out his depth this past month.

In the same situation Beale was, Parkhead, possible cup final and then Parkhead again next season.

3 defeats and how much clout does he carry amongst fans.

I can’t disagree to an extent, but this squad man fuck me honestly the same cunts have been re enacting the same fucking story line for years now

Tav and Goldson simply have to go they just have to we can’t keep going on with them they are the 2 most senior players, captain and vice captain they set the standards for the rest of the playing squad 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

In the same situation Beale was, Parkhead, possible cup final and then Parkhead again next season.

The tactics are fucking horrendous. Genuinely don’t know how many times Goldson just hit a long ball out for a bye kick. Genuinely can’t believe what I’m seeing, fucking fuming!

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He'll carry as much until we see its his team or if he chooses to keep the absolute charlatans that are now bottling the title under their 4th manager

We cant keep asking managers to do patchup jobs while carrying cunts like tav and goldson 

First decision he has to make is wether to boot tav, Goldson etc out of govan or grab them and lob them to fuck out

Need to support the gaffer.

Can't keep changing manager, needs to get rid of the usual suspects. He should have full support by the board to get rid of every single one of them. 

He was warned when he joined that they will get him the sack, I hope hes taken that onboard. 

We’re not a talented squad.

But Clement got initial success because he installed discipline and intensity and fitness and a press that got us control and chances.

But he’s working with a small squad. With a bunch of injury prone players or guys in their 30s like the old guard.

And the wheels have absolutely come off.

Every game now we look lethargic. We’re the team with no energy. 

Other than Sterling we aren’t an athletic team.

There will be a clear out in the Summer. And it will be young and fit players that can do it over a season.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

The fact he thinks tom Lawrence should start then play 90 minutes is mental. 

Changed fuck all shape and hard to see what tactical changes he made with a team who have created fuck all for weeks.

Losing confidence in him.

What shape can he change to though 

Beale left us in such a fucking mess squad wise, we dont have the midfielders to play 2 up front, we dont have the centre halves to play 3 at the back, we barely have wingers to play wide attacking styles 

He's literally got absolutely fuck all to work with, hell 2 of his jan signings are fucking crocked, 

Looks ropey ground here worked magic the first few months but some of the team selections have been baffling, I get he’s inherited a poor squad and the injuries but he’s made a cunt of it the past few weeks, yet again the stalwarts of this team trying their best to get the manager the sack