***** The Official Hearts v Rangers Semi Final Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Only worry right now is that pitch. 

I know that Queens Park are back at Hampden for this season, I take it there has been a detrimental effect to the pitch?  Regardless, we are huge favourites for a reason, especially after last night which hopefully will prove to be the start of the much fabled and sought after momentum.

1 minute ago, Jakes Pal said:

I know that Queens Park are back at Hampden for this season, I take it there has been a detrimental effect to the pitch?  Regardless, we are huge favourites for a reason, especially after last night which hopefully will prove to be the start of the much fabled and sought after momentum.

Weather is meant to be shite again and we are kicking off less than 24 hours after the other semi final. We all know what condition it will be in.

Nothing to do with Queens Park playing on it.

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Weather is meant to be shite again and we are kicking off less than 24 hours after the other semi final. We all know what condition it will be in.

Nothing to do with Queens Park playing on it.

Fair enough, I would imagine that the groundstaff will do a nightshift and do what they can, but yeah having checked the forecast, the likelyhood is that we will be playing on a potato field after 5 minutes that could prove to be quite the leveller.

9 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I’d go…

Butland

Tav Goldson Balogun Ridvan

Jack Lundstram

Wright Cantwell Sima

Danilo 

Would be my selection as well, any win will do but would be nice to do it with a bit more to spare than last weekend.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Buzzing for this now

We lift this trophy and I genuinely believe it might give us the boost to properly challenge for the league title 

My optimism is through the roof atm 

Agreed . Also just want to get back to winning regular cups and making Hampden days out enjoyable again . We had a brief glimpse of the end of the Seville season before going back to misery last season but time to get back to making it regular 

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

Looking forward to this, Naismith will be looking for revenge, i hope we smash them and send him a message, if we dont lose any points before the January window then we can strengthen and put the scum under real pressure, 30th Dec could be the turning point.

If we come out the other side of festive period within 3-6 points of Celtic at worst then it’s game on. Lot of tricky away games and a European group run in along with the league cup 

Trying to remain level headed but if we land the cup , guarantee new year European football and have Celtic in our sights then I will be reasonably content and hopeful come the break and also think the manager would have earned his right to be properly backed in January so he can be as prepared as he can to try and go for the title in the second half of the season 

15 hours ago, bluenoz said:

We will beat them comfortably. Cup games are different. They have to come to win rather than setting up for a draw like last week.

As long as we don't gift them an early goal and they then sit deep for 1-0. 

Score first and we should be fine.  

5 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Butland

Tav Goldson Balogun Yilmaz

Jack Lundstram

Lammers Cantwell Sima

Danilo

3-0. Danilo x2, Sima

Can’t believe I’m saying this on lammers but agree with this team, after last night I’d give him the hearts game to see if he now pushes on, hoping with everything I have it was the confidence booster he needed and we see a player rejuvenated ( I know but I’m allowed to hope) 😁 hopefully it’s 5-6 we get to see that wee rat bastard frothing again 

38 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Pub next to the Imperial might have it.  Not sure what it's called nowadays or if it's even still there, haven't been drinking in that neck of the woods for about 25 years.  

I think you are referring to the Burns bar. That and the Ballroom (round the corner) are probably the two options.