Todd Cantwell

A few sloppy passes and touches in the 1st half. What I seen in the 2nd half he was starting to pull together a few combinations especially the play in the box around the 50/55 minute when i'm sure it was Dessers should have had a shot rather than try and play it back.

Missed the pass for the 2nd goal and the actual goal I had to leave to catch a flight which is now delayed!!

He was shocking first half. Was a moment in the first half when he got pushed off the ball again and he turned and was moaning at the referee despite the ball being 5 yards away from him. 

Improved in the second half and his assist for the second showed what he can do. 

7 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

He was shocking first half. Was a moment in the first half when he got pushed off the ball again and he turned and was moaning at the referee despite the ball being 5 yards away from him. 

Improved in the second half and his assist for the second showed what he can do. 

Lundstram gave him an earful at that.  

Totally disagree with the opinion he was shocking or awful in the first half. There was room for improvement and he stayed on the ground for a little too long a couple of times, but he was constantly involved in a lot of our play. A few clumsy touches but he has technical ability and a footballing brain that most of the others in our current squad don’t have. We need to be trying to play to his strengths and get the most out of him. 

I also think our style of play in general does not help our creative players and strikers to flourish. Our midfielders and full backs could do a better job of getting the ball to the likes of Cantwell, Lawrence, McCausland etc., in dangerous areas. Too often I feel we look to go out wide away from the goal rather than trying to penetrate through the middle like we did for the second goal. Even when the wingers get it, very rarely are they attacking the full back and getting to the byline or driving into the box. 

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Was delighted to see him in the starting lineup today, was glad Clement isn’t the type to hold grudges or have proper fall outs  with players 

It's really good management mate. We've not had anyone about with that kind of head on his shoulders for years.

2 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

It's really good management mate. We've not had anyone about with that kind of head on his shoulders for years.

It appears to have been brilliant management, aye. The fact Cantwell managed to find a bit of his form again today could well mean that subbing on Thursday night kick started his season 

He was too eager to get touches that he was straying into areas that a 10 shouldn't, that had no impact on the opposition. 

He improved on that as the game went on and got his rewards with goal contributions.

That's his position, only a fool would move him from there for Lammers.

4 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Was my motm today , watched him closely first half and was the only one making himself available running everywhere ,great ball for the second goal 

and was far better second half 

100% , he was motm for me  as well.   Played in his position and played well.   He is our best creative player by a long way.    Have to add that Butland had one outstanding save and I have to give him credit for it as it probably stopped a melt-down at that point in the game.

Play him in the 10 it’s not rocket science.

Also think it’s good management from Clement he could easily have dropped him and had a big media circus round about it but am hoping they’ve just had a talk and straighten everything out. Had the fear that Cantwell was going to be forced out the door which would be madness in our current financial situation.