Todd Cantwell

39 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s interesting that a lot of people come with the play Tav at RW patter but nobody ever suggests playing Borna at LW even though both have similar strengths in terms of being effective attacking full backs but having glaring deficiencies when it comes to their defending :lol:

We had Kent in that position for years though whereas nobody really ever nailed down that attacking right spot as their own. 

5 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

RW would be one of key key areas to target in Jan, along with a CM and a CF.

Attacking options are pish. 

Agree, McCausland is impressing so far but can't just give him it as default, there needs to be an experienced pro signed to compete.

5 hours ago, Bigeasy said:

Lawrence, Cantwell and McAusland in the same team is the way forward for us.

Not against that at all. 

The amount of column/social media/forum time Cantwell gets re his (choose from) effectiveness, playing style, relationship with Clement, best position, attitude etc, compared to Lawrence, seems very unfair.  All of it questioning whether Cantwell can come good.  By comparison, Lawrence gets a free ride - no large scale questioning of whether he can fulfil potential.  

Not a post directed at you BTW, but it's been bugging me so came on to the Todd Cantwell thread to add to the very thing I've  just complained about :lol:

51 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Not against that at all. 

The amount of column/social media/forum time Cantwell gets re his (choose from) effectiveness, playing style, relationship with Clement, best position, attitude etc, compared to Lawrence, seems very unfair.  All of it questioning whether Cantwell can come good.  By comparison, Lawrence gets a free ride - no large scale questioning of whether he can fulfil potential.  

Not a post directed at you BTW, but it's been bugging me so came on to the Todd Cantwell thread to add to the very thing I've  just complained about :lol:

Lawrence is 30 years old next month. For a player in his position he would typically be at potential or on the slide.

54 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Not against that at all. 

I think Lawrence has had plenty of criticism, but he also gets some leeway given he had an injury that kept him out over a year. 

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I know that’s not what’s been said from H&H but I hope we punt Borna in this window and keep Ridvan but would have no issues with another LB. I do think we need a pacy CD as a priority.

Wouldn’t be sad to see any of the two of them go, we need a massive upgrade on both. 

22 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t. In fact I think he’d be better off the pitch entirely recently because he’s been shite at every aspect of his game.

On Thursday night he was completely invisible throughout the game, but did this funny thing when McCausland came on. He went from being on the right to moving himself infield so McCausland had the entire run of the right wing himself. Tav literally took himself out of the game 

Yeah because he is probably thinking he’s got to get back in position if a quick aris side broke away. If that is taken away from him he would improve imo. 

On 04/12/2023 at 10:59, toolongawake said:

Agree, McCausland is impressing so far but can't just give him it as default, there needs to be an experienced pro signed to compete.

Yes i agree same as Cantwell can compete with Hagi he was player of the month in his league he should be brought back in the winter opening.