Tav's time is up.

we're never going to improve with him as our captain. did his job for us but it's time to move on.

every time we play them it's like we're shite scared of them and it seems to be are the core of the team. if we ever want to change we need to gut the team and tavernier should be first to go.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I like Tav and I appreciate what he has done in his time here, but it’s time this whole team was ripped up and rebuilt properly including getting a new captain

Yes, his goals scored for a right back is incredible and I like him as a person, but we need a new captain. 

I remember when Gerrard came in I hoped then he would pick a new captain, I thought he made a mistake by not doing so.

I really hope Phil can see Tav is not the captain we need going forward and makes a change before next season.

Even if Tav stays as a player next season, I hope it would be as 2nd choice. 

Obviously we'll need to find someone else to take the penalties. 

Tav's scored some fantastic free kick but they're pretty rare these days.

I bet Sterling will get as many assists from right back as Tav has recently, he was dangerous coming in at the back post against them as well as providing that great cross for Silva.

7 minutes ago, five stars said:

Obviously we'll need to find someone else to take the penalties. 

Tav's scored some fantastic free kick but they're pretty rare these days.

I bet Sterling will get as many assists from right back as Tav has recently, he was dangerous coming in at the back post against them as well as providing that great cross for Silva.

Kinda prefer Sterling in the middle of the pitch now.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I like Tav and I appreciate what he has done in his time here, but it’s time this whole team was ripped up and rebuilt properly including getting a new captain

Yip that’s it for me too. He frustrates the life of me and recently it’s got worse but I don’t have any hard or bad feelings as he’s given us good moments. 

Still though, we just need a refresh and it’s best if we start anew, probably from him too. 

I think Tav needs to go for the team mentality to change. In my opinion he has actually held back the development of other players. He has to take every penalty , free kick, and the majority of throw ins and corners.
The rest of the team don’t get a chance to show what they can do. It has made everyone feel he is indispensable. That over dependence stifles our ability to be creative. Perhaps others in the team could score a lot more goals if they had these opportunities.

On top of that play  can’t continue until he meanders up to take the set piece. When Clement first arrived, he seemed to change that. The ball was in play at set pieces a lot quicker. However, it seems now that he has allowed Tav and some of the other senior players to slip back into their old ways. It seems as strong as Clement tries to portray himself, he can’t seem to challenge these players. 
Sadly, if Tav and  Goldson remain, I see no realistic hope of change.

I’ll trust Clement in this, much more to leadership than what you see in 90 mins.  Honestly though regardless of what happens guy has contributed so much over his time here and should be recognised as a brilliant servant to the club.  I think with players around him with better mentality (and a few less joke managers) he’d have really excelled like he did on the euro run.

Deserves huge respect and thanks for the memories but the price of leadership means you need to be held accountable if you don't win enough.

We need to build a stronger team, and have the sum of our parts be better., Not have to rely on an incredible goal record from a right back at the cost of defensive laspes and damaged leadership.

I'll aways like Tav, but its time to move on.

21 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

I’ll trust Clement in this, much more to leadership than what you see in 90 mins.  Honestly though regardless of what happens guy has contributed so much over his time here and should be recognised as a brilliant servant to the club.  I think with players around him with better mentality (and a few less joke managers) he’d have really excelled like he did on the euro run.

Everyone keeps saying "better managers or better players round him and he'd be better" 

I cant imagine how having a better gaffer or a better squad would stop him from absolutely shitting the bed against any sort of winger who runs at him

Thats all on him, no one else

6 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

We need a new mentality in the dressing room all these players need to go. Out with the old in with the new. 

We have a loser mentality that creeps and seeps it's way in to anyone that we sign.

1 hour ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Everyone keeps saying "better managers or better players round him and he'd be better" 

I cant imagine how having a better gaffer or a better squad would stop him from absolutely shitting the bed against any sort of winger who runs at him

Thats all on him, no one else

I think hes probably becoming passed his best but no doubt if you work alongside dross it brings you down/reverse is true.

the guy gets some amount of slagging - think there’s a big chance when we come to replace him (given his age inevitable soon) we’ll realise what we’re missing.