***** The Official Rangers v Dynamo Kyiv UEFA Champions League Third Round Qualification Match Thread *****

4 hours ago, DMax399 said:

You’re right.  As painful as it would have been to most likely see us dismantled in the majority of CL games, the bigger picture was all about bringing in funds, which in turn, allow better quality players to be brought in, at a more rapid rate.  I suspect there will be limited transfer business now, and the quality will (in most cases) not be good enough.

There is little to be positive about right now, and unless we witness a minor miracle with the players we have available, it’s difficult to see this being a successful season.

€5m for a graceful exit in the next qualifying round would have been worth having & could surely have helped bring in at least one body to strengthen the starting line up.

20 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

24 hours on and I'm still as pissed off. 

Even if they hadn't scored, I honestly couldn't see where we were getting a goal, that's the biggest thing for me. 

When Dessers is doing Dessers things, there's no one even coming close to looking like scoring, or even taking a shot. From memory, McCausland had a pass back, Diomande took stage fright when he crossed a white line into the penalty box, and Lawrence tripped over a blade of grass near the 6 yard box. Yilmaz ruled himself out for weeks/months attempting one. 

Why is it other teams see gaps and shoot, yet we cant! 

They’re scared of tearing their quads if they kick it hard…

3 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

You're right, he can't drop himself or refuse to play.

I can see it in him, this level of football is done for him. It's ashame as he's been a great servant to the club. His pace has gone (one of his main attributes) and it shows, he knows it to. 

We aren’t even winning penalties to give him the boost of keeping his numbers moving.

Oleg Kuznetsov about Rangers after game:

- I was sure Dynamo is favourite, before first game I would say 70x30.

I don’t follow Rangers too much, watched few games last season. After first game against Dynamo I saw that team is not ready for season yet. Players are not ready physically as well as they have no idea what to do at the pitch. 
I want to note that Rangers do not have good players much. I can see what kind of football the coach wants to play, but players can’t.  Their level is really disappointing.

On 14/08/2024 at 19:01, OrangeRab said:

Tav is probably done at this level. And we massively miss the Tav of a few years ago that would have popped up out of nowhere to grab a goal or assist.

But our problems run so so much deeper than Tav at this club. Just like when Goldson and Kent left and everyone thought they were holding us back.

Actually feel for the guy who has given his all and been so good for us to be part of this absolute shambles around him.

He’ll probably still be played next season as our recruitment team will no doubt fuck up the next 8 signings.

I am on the same boat that Tav sure has reached the time to go for everyone's best interests.

However goals/assists his record last season was still amazing.

If he stays which I assume he is he will still get the stats. However defensive flaws will remain as they always have 

6 hours ago, Ukrainian said:

I don’t follow Rangers too much, watched few games last season. After first game against Dynamo I saw that team is not ready for season yet. Players are not ready physically as well as they have no idea what to do at the pitch. 
I want to note that Rangers do not have good players much. I can see what kind of football the coach wants to play, but players can’t.  Their level is really disappointing.

Jings, brutally accurate assessment there

On 16/08/2024 at 03:14, Ukrainian said:

I completely agree with the observation that the players just can't play the kind of football that Clement wants.  Not surprising considering how many mediocre players we have in the squad.

Sadly the only way this will change is when these players finally leave and we can buy higher quality.  I would rather see youth players this season because we'll probably finish in the same position but at least there would be the optimism of potentially building for next season rather than the pain of watching players going through the motions.

1 hour ago, shaka said:

I completely agree with the observation that the players just can't play the kind of football that Clement wants.  Not surprising considering how many mediocre players we have in the squad.

Sadly the only way this will change is when these players finally leave and we can buy higher quality.  I would rather see youth players this season because we'll probably finish in the same position but at least there would be the optimism of potentially building for next season rather than the pain of watching players going through the motions.

He clearly wants a big lump up the park. 

12 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Still angry we went out in the fashion that we did. Ref killed it for us. 

Saying that, Salzburg would have torn us a new one. Can see a 5 or 6-0 aggregate here, Kyiv were bang average, but still better than us.

agreed, I watched it...really good side

12 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Still angry we went out in the fashion that we did. Ref killed it for us. 

Saying that, Salzburg would have torn us a new one. Can see a 5 or 6-0 aggregate here, Kyiv were bang average, but still better than us.

They just spanked 10 million on some kid from Liverpool. They are a different level to us sadly.

On 14/08/2024 at 19:01, OrangeRab said:

Tav is probably done at this level. And we massively miss the Tav of a few years ago that would have popped up out of nowhere to grab a goal or assist.

But our problems run so so much deeper than Tav at this club. Just like when Goldson and Kent left and everyone thought they were holding us back.

Actually feel for the guy who has given his all and been so good for us to be part of this absolute shambles around him.

He’ll probably still be played next season as our recruitment team will no doubt fuck up the next 8 signings.

Our recruitment since Clement has came in has actually been decent mostly 

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Our recruitment since Clement has came in has actually been decent mostly 

Been an improvement I think overall. But sentiment of the post was more that Tav took a lot of flak. Because we’ve basically signed shite for the last few seasons since 55.

We had a couple of good windows when Gerrard arrived and nothing since.

If we’d continued along that path of adding quality starters we would have been a lot more successful. And every post wouldn’t be blaming every single failure on Tav