Is Butland’s form becoming a problem?

I'm sick to death of going on about this on this site. When guys hit a bit of form and folk show an interest we have to SELL SELL SELL.

Time and time again, it's no use holding on when they're in a purple patch that they might then develop further and so be worth more.

The peak of form is the time to sell. The odds of them somehow turning into world class stars is much less than the odds they regress back to the mean. 

2 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Just as big an issue if our keeper can't save balls or positioning himself properly...imo

True but even before it gets down to his box though we part like the red sea and they swarm all over us with options left and right. Midfield non existant

Just now, JackAlex93 said:

True but even before it gets down to his box though we part like the red sea and they swarm all over us with options left and right. Midfield non existant

At present, they are all guilty of letting themselves and us down. Don't know why we put up with it. 

Actions will now have to start speaking louder than words at this point....and I don't mean this team. Time for the fans to pull together and take control of this situation now. 

32 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

I'm sick to death of going on about this on this site. When guys hit a bit of form and folk show an interest we have to SELL SELL SELL.

Time and time again, it's no use holding on when they're in a purple patch that they might then develop further and so be worth more.

The peak of form is the time to sell. The odds of them somehow turning into world class stars is much less than the odds they regress back to the mean. 

No one showed the least bit of interest in signing Butland

On 16/08/2024 at 17:48, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Butland is poor getting down low to his left. He's also got a moment of madness / howler in him.

If we were scoring loads of goals weekly it wouldn't matter ss much but right now he needs to sort his own shit out as much as the next man.

Edit: the defence being dugshite would make it difficult for any keeper.

Said it before, I'll say it again, there's a fucking huge weakness there. Their 2nd goal was awful by him.

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He’s honestly shocking.

He’s letting in goals that average keepers would save.

He’s no longer “least of our issues” as some people keep telling us.

He should be dropped and I’d be looking at offloading him in January as he’s not worth the wages he’s on.

Changed days, we all were saying captain etc and only one worth keeping up until a certain time last season.

4 hours ago, Gman36 said:

Sell to who though mate? The most he's ever went for is £4m and that was 11 years ago, the last time anyone paid any money for him was four years ago when Palace paid £800k, last year any club in England could've got him for nothing, he's not done anything overly spectacular to suggest clubs would spend silly money on him, especially now when every club is focused on PSR.

I agree that we need to sell players when they're at their peak, thats the only way to develop the squad, but we also need to be realistic about players like Butland's sale potential.

His attitude is more of a concern than his form... 2nd goal he absolutly fucked it, no "perhaps" about it. 

"I looked at my positioning at the second one. It's suitable for where we were in the game, in possession of the ball. In giving away the ball I'm trying to get back to my optimal position to where I wanted to be, and perhaps didn't quite where I wanted to be ideally."

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/jack-butland-defends-himself-over-29849269

You can see why his career was on the wind down and he'd barely played for a year or so. I know he was at Man Utd but I dont think even played a game there. Thought he was cracking last season up until about Feb. Still can't get over how he gifted Idah that goal in the cup final. Hes been shite ever since