All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

54 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

All of us were very much in the minority, the general consensus was he would run riot in our league.

Myself, I thought he was more than good enough to play in the Scottish league but didn't want him for all the shit that he brings along for the ride. 

Now suddenly he's shit and he's always been shit. 

Don't think anyone is saying he's shit. Mostly it's over rated. You can't argue with the fact he's been shit for us since he came here though. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

All of us were very much in the minority, the general consensus was he would run riot in our league.

Myself, I thought he was more than good enough to play in the Scottish league but didn't want him for all the shit that he brings along for the ride. 

Now suddenly he's shit and he's always been shit

I can understand the reaction you've picked up on, but why don't other folk understand their reasoning is hate fueled and compensate for it?

I'm not fucking happy at all at the situation, but I'm not going to start making myself believe Barton was a shit player to feel better about things.

It's the scum that are deluded, let's try not to be like them! 

At the moment I'm  imagining Barton sitting at his wee table books stacked opens one up, looks up smirks, signs his name and pushes the book to the other side of the table...

He then gets up, runs round to the other side of the table, takes the book and says, cheers Joey, you're the best, you're ace man.

Surprised the man who signed him isn't getting a lot of criticism. 

MW has consistently said he is big on this dressing room debate nonsense that goes on. It seems like Barton maybe gave him a piece of his mind and he didn't like it. 

But what's followed on from that has made him look like a dick and isn't the way a Rangers player should act. 

2 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

If you actually look at the reality of Joey Barton, he is 34 and has a book coming out and he has to sell himself with his opinions. The guy would give an opinion on a can of tomatoes. He is aiming for the ghastly world of football pundits to get paid hundreds of thousands to sit around talking utter shite. He has to be controversial to achieve that, otherwise no one will employ him due to past actions.

It is only his mouth that has kept him relevant. 

Controversial  and talking shite? The new Chris Sutton? Joey could have reached for the stars with us and cemented his place in history. Seems intent on becoming a full-time attention seeking mouthpiece instead.

I want rid of him now. He is more trouble than he is worth. Thinks he is a flawed genius. Only played for England twice FFS. Not fit to tie the boots of the likes of Gazza. Just a middle aged ned who can't keep his mouth shut or accept responsibility for his actions. 

Let him go around talking himself up, saying he is intelligent, honest and a class player, just not at Ibrox. Waster!

2 hours ago, CanadianBacon said:

Whilst I agree with numerous posts in this thread (and we all have opinions) the question remains.....when Mark Warburton (and his back-up team of scouts, etc) approached Barton with a view to signing him they would have been fully aware of his chequered history, so the events of the last week can not be brushed aside as "unlucky"! 

Agreed. It then came down to the risk factor. He's a gamble but is he worth it?

They obv decided yes and it's backfired. Everyday's a school day and the gaffer is respected a lot more than that wee tramp ever will be so he's tainted himself with this wee episode.

4 hours ago, BEE said:

Simonsen also pointed out that there was loads of support given by the FA to highlight what players could / couldn't do in respect of gambling, up here there's fuck all.

Not true. Fraser Wishart says that PFA officials visit every club during pre-season and warn full squads from first team to youths of all the do's and dont's - including a clear message about betting. Point I'm making - Barton was not present at pre-season. If allegations are true, he may have a credible defence?

19 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

Was told a story during the week off a workmate(bluenose) that Barton has been a dick  to one of thd younger players constantly and deliberately mis-pronouncing his name...one of thd older players told him thats not his name and he replied i dont give a fuck 

Shocking behavior if true 

Are you the younger player? And the mole?

47 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Article was too long to bother reading, end of the day he is digging his own grave and with articles like this and if there is any truth in the match betting situation then his Rangers career will certainly be over.

Too long to bother reading, FFS? It's not War and Peace. Helps to understand some of the issues that have shaped his thought processes and judgements. It also helps to understand how introspection aids his development in life. I really hope he can mend fences here and return to playing football(the actual fucking reason he was brought here for). Ibelieve that he cancome back a better player, but will the biased Scottish media allow this to occur? I don't think so. If he returns he will have to re-evaluate his position vis a vis his relationship with the (Scottish) press. I wish him the best.

26 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Not true. Fraser Wishart says that PFA officials visit every club during pre-season and warn full squads from first team to youths of all the do's and dont's - including a clear message about betting. Point I'm making - Barton was not present at pre-season. If allegations are true, he may have a credible defence?

I just heard that on Synde too funnily enough - must be a recent development as I'm sure it was mentioned by Simo.

43 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I can understand the reaction you've picked up on, but why don't other folk understand their reasoning is hate fueled and compensate for it?

I'm not fucking happy at all at the situation, but I'm not going to start making myself believe Barton was a shit player to feel better about things.

It's the scum that are deluded, let's try not to be like them! 

Why should anyone compensate because they are jumping the fence on Barton he's either a good player or not. 

Do you think we would have had the same reaction if he had been playing well? 

49 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

At the moment I'm  imagining Barton sitting at his wee table books stacked opens one up, looks up smirks, signs his name and pushes the book to the other side of the table...

He then gets up, runs round to the other side of the table, takes the book and says, cheers Joey, you're the best, you're ace man.

Nice one, that one will be destined for the pound shop in six months, if its chapter after chapter of the shit he has been talking for the last few days I don't think it will have many takers,

What is the title? my suggestion would be "Once a cunt always a cunt"

i wouldnt be suprise if hes worked towards this from day 1 to publicise his fucking book to be honest.

seems like a complete cunt.

what i do think though is that he has come up with the best of intentions but for 1 reason or another doesnt fancy it now and wants away.

the bit in the Guardian interview about walking around with his head down avoiding eye contact and any chance of confrontation tells me that hes misjudged what its like up here and is regretting all the pish on twitter.

shat it and wants back down south.

hopefully he goes without a payoff cause i cant see him playing for us again

Not many people know this - but just a few weeks after he signed for Rangers Joey Barton approached a renowned Scottish surgeon for a circumcision.

Halfway through the operation the Dr phones Mark Warburton and says that this is just impossible; there is just no end to this prick.