***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

6 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Don't have a fucking clue what he is saying, but he is saying it in a very authoritative manner. That's what players need and most of them want. 

If this guy does come it will be a getaway to English football for him, but with a DoF coming then it shouldn't really be a problem if he was to leave in 18 months time or whatever. 

2 minutes ago, Bears&Reds said:

I would be more confident about this appointment if Wilson has had a strong say in it, Southampton have one of the most advanced scouting systems in world football, not only on players but coaches & managers as well, they keep detailed records on something like over 100 coaches/managers which is constantly updated so that should they need a new manager they have their homework already done, look at how well their last 3 managers have done Pochettino/Koeman/Puel.

With reading about the way the lad from southampton runs his ship with a list off coachs of replacements, i do think he is 1 on his list.

I think our board would have went for a scottishfootball tried n tested manager like Eck, Wright or McInnes.

Caixhina certainly has lots of experience in all kinds of environments.

His appointment would potentially give us a link to experienced talent via Portugal (and Portugese speaking Brazil).

Also his Mexican connections open up the North American channels, plus Mexican teams tend to bring in the Spanish speaking Americans from Argentina and Chile etc. 

Add to that his initial experience in a Portugese league whose teams have been over-performing for decades, and his successful Mexican spell with Santos Laguna in a tough league where the football is passionate and tough, then spells with the top teams in Romania and Greece and you hve someone with links and experience all over. 

My initial thoughts, knowing our board, are that he is being brought in to channel in young talent from around the world to make sell-on money, but will perhaps bring in experienced players from those areas too at relatively lower cost. (Warburton was given the same task of bringing in young talent for sell-ons and experienced players at low cost, but was limited by his lack of experience to plundering only the lower English leagues).

A curious selection, almost certainly enabled by his time in Scotland  gaining his coaching badges, but f we could see our team playing with the flair (and toughness) of the Portugese and Mexican football ethic then I would be extremely happy and times could get interesting indeed.

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Don't have a fucking clue what he is saying, but he is saying it in a very authoritative manner. That's what players need and most of them want. 

If this guy does come it will be a getaway to English football for him, but with a DoF coming then it shouldn't really be a problem if he was to leave in 18 months time or whatever. 

Exactly, we should have appointed one years ago when we decided we wanted to instill a philosophy into the club. With a DoF it means there is a level of continuation, the next manager isn't going to want to completely rebuild the squad because they will play the same style of football just with a different head coach. At least that is how it is meant to work whether we put that into action or not is a completely different topic.

I like the look of our Pedro. Doesn't seem like a man to be fucked with. Comparisons to the mild and awkward Cathro look lazy to me. Pedro looks an arrogant hard fucker who won't be stressing about the size of the job of some doubters in the press (and stands) 

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

Christ I knew he had done bull fighting I never knew he dived on top of his dad to protect him from the bull once, mad respect cunt seems fearless and hard as nails.

Deffo respect to him saving his dads life. That clip does give the impression he can handle himself. If he can take on a bull and handle the nutty bull fighting crowds, he can take the pressure of the Scottish press and old firm games imo. 

35 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

So of all the managers in the world the guy who was going to be our assistant two years ago also happens to be Ross Wilson's pick as head coach too? I'm not buying that theory for a minute tbh.

I don't think anywhere near as much work has gone into this as the board are making out. One look at the supposed list and it just feels lazy: a former manager, the best manager outwith celtic in Scotland, the most high profile availavle English manager that we can afford and a former managerial targets chosen assistant.

This.

The amount of bullshit folk lap on here is unreal.