***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

8 hours ago, danger ranger said:

Your a cunt:thumbsup:

It's just another misguided move by a board driven by poverty of football experience, poverty of funds and the only handouts are from the fans, what I see with this appointment is buying more time with the usual excuses and paints a picture of a gloomy future. I hope the Ashley takeover rumour is true to chase these imposters away with their penny pinching piss taking shite.

Given the fact he has been on mega money in Qatar (is he willing to drop circa 60% in wages?) and there is a compensation to be paid, surely if it was "poverty of funds" driving this decision then taking on someone who is out of work just now, and never been on a fraction of that wage would have been the cheaper option? I.e someone like Rowett..

Also add in the fact we are looking at getting a DOF who I presume won't be working for nothing, where we really only needed to pay one wage (a manager) instead of opting to pay an extra salary, then again, it's not really going for the cheap option available is it?

So not sure your point stands up here tbh.  

7 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Looking at a recent matches, it looks like he runs a 3-4-3. 

Hopefully he'll be able to see the players strengths and weaknesses and find a formation that suits rather than choosing the formation first. Thats what you need to do unless you have a blank canvas and a lot of money to spend to then buy the players that suit your formation.

5 minutes ago, mus said:

The thing that bothers me the most is that we were told the club would be getting the best man available, is this really it?

In Stewart Robertsons head it probably is which is a worrying thought 

7 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

If Pedro has even announced by Sunday then I'd assume he'll watch the match from the stand and take full charge on Monday.  I don't see any upside to rushing him in before Sunday. The game will take care of itself and new ideas from Pedro beforehand will likely hinder not help the preparations IMO.

I agree with this. I think it may spur the players on knowing the new manager is in the stands watching but it's a big game (even if we aren't challenging for the title we want to beat this mob) and bringing him into training, new ideas, new formation etc. is just going to disrupt that flow. It has to happen at some point but not leading up to the Old Firm at San Giro.

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

4231 formation would suit me for Sunday.  Either that or 451.  433 would probably get us thumped.

This!

If we play the same formation, same tactics then it's another doing. Something needs to change where we are difficult to beat. If we need to leave out the favourites then so be it. ??

7 hours ago, markem said:

A smashing piece on Pedro and naming him as 36th best Football Coach on the planet.
That's not too shabby an appointment for a team scrabbling about for 2nd in a non competitive league. :UK:  

Just read that apparently he was in talks with us all day yesterday with the view of signing this morning, an agreement still hasn't been reached...

We've limited ourselves to signing either him or Rowett, if it was to be McLeish/Davies they'd have been in by now & the rest of the 'candidates' are just outsiders, never going to happen.

If we can't reach an agreement with Pedro, we'll have Rowett in just after the visit to the girodome on Sunday

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I'd rather him than the other names mentioned, fills me with more confidence than Wright, McInnes or Rowatt. 

More than willing to give him a chance, just because we don't know much about him doesn't make him shite. 

If the board are forking out compensation and a decent wage, then he must have something about him.

Totally agree, the amount of negativity on here is unbelievable. 

The guys not even in the door and he's branded a dud.

6 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Fucking retarded. 

Get a new manager in. First match? Old firm. At the peadodome. 

Just stick with murty who's having a decent time with it right now.

If we win they hey Murty goes out with a bang. If we lose then the new manager knows where to improve.

But instead the new manager is going to get criticism right away because he's taking a team that he's had no control over and he'll want to implement his style of play asap but won't be able to in time for the old firm and thus he'll get shade from a section of fans and from the media.

He's going to be thrown straight into a frying pan that's 1ft above molten lava.

He's getting kicked in the baws just now and hes not even in the country yet! FFS

What a bunch of negative wifies we have on here.

Lets give the guy a chance and our support.

31 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I'd rather him than the other names mentioned, fills me with more confidence than Wright, McInnes or Rowatt. 

More than willing to give him a chance, just because we don't know much about him doesn't make him shite. 

If the board are forking out compensation and a decent wage, then he must have something about him.

That same board your giving credit to doubled Warburtons and Weirs wage after the Scottish Cup Final bringing him in line with what Pedro is reportedly getting 

decisions they make mean zero to me as it stands if anything if they told me it was raining outside I'd dig out the sun cream - proven liars, crooks, handwringers and egotists and you trust their judgement so much after making a great point to me the other day about their tactics that had me thinking McInnes would be a good appointment?

3 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

He's getting kicked in the baws just now and hes not even in the country yet! FFS

What a bunch of negative wifies we have on here.

Lets give the guy a chance and our support.

Sorry for having an opinion.

Another one who doesn't understand you can be critical but still support. :duh:

It's been clear for over a week this is the guy Rangers want. If we can't make that happen over 300k then the board can get tae fuck considering the back up is fucking Gary Rowett ffs. 

This guy will get backed by the fans as always. He obviously wants it if he's leaving a £2 mill a year contract. 

His first port of call is to transfer list Kiernan, Halliday, Holt and tell Hill and Miller thanks for your services you will be used as squad players next season. 

We've rarely signed huge names before in the permanent management position and out of them all bar McCoist and PLG they have all had success. 

What is it with all the poofs on this forum. Every time someone disagrees with them they blame it on hatred or negativity and all the rest.

If folk think he's unqualified then they should voice that opinion it's got nothing to do with negativity. It worries me more that folk are over confident than if they're negative. Pedro will have have a lot to prove.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

Sorry for having an opinion.

Another one who doesn't understand you can be critical but still support. :duh:

No need to apologise for being a negative shite.

Looking back on this, you are one of the most negative ones on here.

You must be a bunch of laughs to be near at a game - if you go to games.

I agree you can have an opinion and still be supportive but have a wee look at your own comments and tell me where the word "supportive" would be apt. Think you'll struggle.

Just now, Willis said:

What is it with all the poofs on this forum. Every time someone disagrees with them they blame it on hatred or negativity and all the rest.

If folk think he's unqualified then they should voice that opinion it's got nothing to do with negativity. It worries me more that folk are over confident than if they're negative. Pedro will have have a lot to prove.

Another negative shite.

Must be perfect breeding conditions.

Just now, Jasper Blues said:

No need to apologise for being a negative shite.

Looking back on this, you are one of the most negative ones on here.

You must be a bunch of laughs to be near at a game - if you go to games.

I agree you can have an opinion and still be supportive but have a wee look at your own comments and tell me where the word "supportive" would be apt. Think you'll struggle.

I might be a negative shite at times, but at least I'm not a cunt. Congratulations in attaining that special status.

1 minute ago, Jasper Blues said:

Another negative shite.

Must be perfect breeding conditions.

You think your sisters bedroom has perfect breeding conditions ya papist rat