Murty

RD.1872

Sorry to be the boring one here... I dont want him back at youths... but what legal reason could there have been for letting him go? 

Surely this happens in workplaces? Supervisor given a chance to cover for manager, on the understanding they will be back at supervisor level when new manager comes in. Supervisor performs poor as manager. Goes back down a level.

3 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Sorry to be the boring one here... I dont want him back at youths... but what legal reason could there have been for letting him go? 

Surely this happens in workplaces? Supervisor given a chance to cover for manager, on the understanding they will be back at supervisor level when new manager comes in. Supervisor performs poor as manager. Goes back down a level.

Not saying you are wrong but it just annoys me when people compare football to their shitey office job or joinery business.

3 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Just about to post this, Rangers haven’t really made the decision to give him his old job back, he’s legally entitled to it.

We could pay him off but it more than likely comes out of Gerrard’s budget.

He probably ran to the board (again) to keep his job, and rather than pay him off, the board decided to run his contract to the end.

That's the only conclusion I can come to. Don't know how long he has left, but I think he'll be gone at contract end, which can't come soon enough for me.

Sniveling taig fucker in my eyes.

34 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Was thinking the same thing. I think some people loose all sense of perspective when it comes to football. The guy was asked to step up and fill a role he wasn’t qualified for on an interim basis and is now going back to his own role as he should. If he doesn’t perform at his own job then fire him.

Probably an HR process that we have to give him his role back.

Our company stipulates that we must be allowed to return to our exact role post any secondment. 

It’s more surprising the he’s taken the job offer, but then again he was a career journeyman that probably doesn’t have a huge stack of cash under the mattress. 

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

He’s really not needed

36C174C3-AB98-4A7F-8AC0-F691D81E8E9C.png

Add to that the 3-0 win over them in the Glasgow Cup Final. Impressive stuff.:tu:

For the record I think it's a mistake to take Murty back in any capacity at the club. He took a gamble taking on the managers job and failed - twice. Best for everyone if he moves onto pastures new.

Should never have been the manager and was out of his depth but it was his fault that he was such a coward and a loser those are personal characteristics not managerial ones

I don’t want of Murtys weak and meek tendencies rubbing off on our youth players who have done so well without him, better for all parties involved if he moved on

16 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Add to that the 3-0 win over them in the Glasgow Cup Final. Impressive stuff.:tu:

For the record I think it's a mistake to take Murty back in any capacity at the club. He took a gamble taking on the managers job and failed - twice. Best for everyone if he moves onto pastures new.

Different age group

1 hour ago, OhW said:

Not saying you are wrong but it just annoys me when people compare football to their shitey office job or joinery business.

It doesnt matter which kind of business it is... Rangers as a club and Rangers as a business... HR processes apply.

And even worse in public sector. Worked there years ago. People could be lazy or late or do fuck all work... but the moment there was a hint of a disciplinary for poor performance they would run to the union

6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

This astounds me 

He shouldn't have been there but he was

And will be a constant reminder of this years disgrace 

I'm sure our enemies will get some heads up on occasions too 

The media will love with the board on this one.

Calm doon you. :lol:

I'm with Dave and the board on this one to. It's a sensitive issue that needs handled carefully. I would say the media would be all over us if we sacked him and go on full demonisation mode, thrown to the wolves and all that.

He was a shit manager and not thst I know fuck about development football, but did he not step up being lauded for the work he had done?

Because of the publicity that would surround this, King would have been involved and I would say that he wouldn't want to be giving the haters in the media any ammunition. It's not like we ever had a conveyor belt of talent, nor ever likely to either.

Keep our shite in house for the time being, damage limitation, whilst throwing shite at everyone of our haters I say.

I have big expectations for next season and that bit of success in the title, it will be amazing just how quickly we will forget the trauma of the last three managers and more.

No more turning the gun on ourselves and get them all locked and loaded for a shithole in the east end.

Employment law is still a factor but football differs from most workplaces in that the employees are used to moving on if contracts sold, new manager's don't rate them, better opportunities exist etc.

We may have had no legal cause to get rid of him, but I'd have thought that as with many of the poor players he'd both been advised and chosen to find a new opportunity elsewhere. It's a measure of the man that within months of thinking he's good enough to be the prrmanent manager here he apparently wants to now return to a youth role. Weak.