So here’s what we know so far

KeyserSoze

Just now, Creampuff said:

No idea why you’re annoyed about where Barisic played today. He was brilliant.

Not annoyed at all at Barasic he played well. But we shipped 3 goals and we might not have if he was playing in his LB position. But my comment was more about accommodating Flannigan. 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not annoyed at all at Barasic he played well. But we shipped 3 goals and we might not have if he was playing in his LB position. But my comment was more about accommodating Flannigan. 

Him playing left back would not have made Tav capable of defending. 

I'd add the midfield is poor to that list, a loanee from Liverpool is playing every game because we have no one else in that position. Today wasn't the first time the midfield hasn't been able to string three passes together for long periods. If we don't sign a creative midfielder before the window shuts heads need to roll.

Gerald needs another transfer window at least . The squad he inherited was always going to be a team in progress. I'm encourage with the first 10 games the signs are were moving progressively forward. we played poor today experimented with 3 at the back .

Sometimes you have too step backwards to go forward looking for a huge response the next 2 games 

34 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Doubt it Was anything to do with accommodating anyone. More to do with wanting to play three at the back for this game.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

This is what I know........ 

the formation was changed to accommodate one player - lafferty

a 3-5-2 is best suited at home and not in away fixtures.

Goldson CAN play in a back three. Today just wasn't his day.

We are tired from a heavy schedule.

The squad is thin due to injuries and suspensions.

Two more signings are still needed.

We are still undefeated.

Goldson came up against strong physical players for the first time and failed miserably. Tav is going to cost us goals all season. The manager thought the defence performed well and completely fucked up tactically in that second half.

Hope we learn from it for next week......

Here's what I know.

The glaring omission from that team is Coulibally. Jack is getting there but this Rangers team just look so much more comfortable when Coulibally plays. 

He's going to be the difference turning 1 point into 3 in games like today. 

42 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Here's what I know.

The glaring omission from that team is Coulibally. Jack is getting there but this Rangers team just look so much more comfortable when Coulibally plays. 

He's going to be the difference turning 1 point into 3 in games like today. 

Agreed, he’ll be massive if fit for Sunday!

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

This is what I know........ 

the formation was changed to accommodate one player - lafferty

a 3-5-2 is best suited at home and not in away fixtures.

Goldson CAN play in a back three. Today just wasn't his day.

We are tired from a heavy schedule.

The squad is thin due to injuries and suspensions.

Two more signings are still needed.

We are still undefeated.

The two highlited bits plus we need to stop shipping goals after we score and in the last minute of games. 

Frustrating as fuck to concede so late in two league games. It is a work in progress and the improvement we have seen has given us all renewed optimism going forward but we do need extra bodies in to improve the first eleven. That's why we have to forget about the old firm and focus solely on qualification to the Europa League. This will imo opinion enable us to strengthen the team further.

We crave a winning team and we are getting there slowly but surely. Gerrard will make mistakes like all managers do but I genuinely feel he will lead us to where we belong with a few bumps along the way as he stated.

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Goldson can’t play in a back three

Tav relies heavily on Candeias 

Gerrard loves Flannigan so much we played our very capable LB out of position 

Lafferty will do us a turn thank you very much 

and we need bigger studs on our football boots in the rain

that about it?

experiment over Stevie don’t fucking do that again please

Candeias would'nt have helped Tav mark better at the set pieces

Just now, Billy1984 said:

That loanee from Liverpool has been our best player by a distance in our last two games so is quite rightly being picked.

You missed my point, he's young and belongs to another team and under normal circumstances would have been rotated. The first half he played well but he was visibly knackered after 50 minutes and we had no one to come on and give the kid a break. He'll be starting on Thursday and probably against the tarriers if Gerrard was honest about Coulibaly's return. Ejaria tiring and falling out of the game due to the recent workload is one of the reasons our midfield was so ineffective in that second half. 

10 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

You missed my point, he's young and belongs to another team and under normal circumstances would have been rotated. The first half he played well but he was visibly knackered after 50 minutes and we had no one to come on and give the kid a break. He'll be starting on Thursday and probably against the tarriers if Gerrard was honest about Coulibaly's return. Ejaria tiring and falling out of the game due to the recent workload is one of the reasons our midfield was so ineffective in that second half. 

I agree he faded from the game today and we looked swamped in there. Coulibaly is a massive player for us and is also a loan player, it’s where we’re at right now, just hope to fuck he’s back very soon. 

5 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Goldson came up against strong physical players for the first time and failed miserably. Tav is going to cost us goals all season. The manager thought the defence performed well and completely fucked up tactically in that second half.

Hope we learn from it for next week......

The physicality of their players had nothing to do with any goals, a slip and shocking defending from Tavernier cost us.

If we had performed in the second half like the first we could have scored more and put the game to bad, that was the biggest disappointment for me.

6 hours ago, theclothmonster said:

I'd add the midfield is poor to that list, a loanee from Liverpool is playing every game because we have no one else in that position. Today wasn't the first time the midfield hasn't been able to string three passes together for long periods. If we don't sign a creative midfielder before the window shuts heads need to roll.

Whilst i agree about a creative mid is needed, heads certainly don't need to role if it doesn't happen. Our recruting  process has been first class so far. 

2 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Whilst i agree about a creative mid is needed, heads certainly don't need to role if it doesn't happen. Our recruting  process has been first class so far. 

Defensively our recruiting has been good, McGregor, Katic and Goldson along with Barisic are massive upgrades. We're still lacking creativity in the centre of the park and out wide, we're about two first team signings and at least 1 backup cb from it being a first class window.