Perspective required

2 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Today confirmed what I'd been thinking all week, SG has improved us, made us harder to beat, the money we've spent has largely went on defenders who have been a success, but anyone who thought that this was enough to match the tarriers at their own midden was hopelessly unrealistic.

My expectations for the season haven't changed, clear blue water between us and third, closer to the tarriers and with a bit of luck a cup win, this window we've made a good start on rebuilding a team to challenge but in key areas we're woefully short of quality, a similar level of spending next summer concentrating on mid to front, quality rather than quantity will see us much closer to them,  we still have players to come in that will improve us , Grezda should provide some much needed creativity and quality and we already know what Coulibaly brings, we will get better as the season progresses.

Never good to lose them cunts but its not all doom and gloom, some perspective is required here, i have no doubt SG will learn from today and its time now to put it behind us and move on and make sure we pick full up points against every other team in this league, so much positivity and momentum has been built up around the club in the last couple of months we can't allow that to be derailed by this one game.

Onward and upward Bears.

Not sure I agree with that at all, McGregor stopped it turning into a 4 nil rout.

Just now, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Not sure I agree with that at all, McGregor stopped it turning into a 4 nil rout.

The point is he stopped it, Fod wouldn't have, ergo bringing in McGregor has improved us. Having better quality in midfield stops them running through us to create so many chances, that level of quality costs, we simply cant do everything in one window, Get our recruitment right in keys areas in the next two windows and next season I expect us to be a different proposition.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Said it already but if that's any of the last three managers there is a severe slaughtering, that was on a par with the 5-0 game imo and they were unlucky for it not to be a similar scoreline 

It wasn't though. And those managers were already on a sticky wicket having achieved nothing or already off the back of bad results. Gerrard has got us into the Europa league and unbeaten till now. I'm not making excuses for this performance, but some context is required.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

You can see how  we’ve done well in Europe, a sturdy, difficult team to play against.

We’re struggling in Scottish premiership and that’s due to the fact that se can’t control even the simplestof games.

controlling games is becoming the issue. We need to start finding a way of doing that

2 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

The point is he stopped it, Fod wouldn't have, ergo bringing in McGregor has improved us. Having better quality in midfield stops them running through us to create so many chances, that level of quality costs, we simply cant do everything in one window, Get our recruitment right in keys areas in the next two windows and next season I expect us to be a different proposition.

Yup, I agree with this. I keep banging on about it but it was always gonna take us at least 3 transfer Windows before we are anywhere near where we should be.

I would have a scouting team scout the Balkans this entire season for a few young midfielders and strikers.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

It wasn't though. And those managers were already on a sticky wicket having achieved nothing or already off the back of bad results. Gerrard has got us into the Europa league and unbeaten till now. I'm not making excuses for this performance, but some context is required.

Gerrard has done brilliantly in Europe so far, I genuinely can't deny that, and I'm overall happy with him so far, but today was a shit show.

12 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

When we play them at Ibrox, not on the back of a return trip to Russia, we will give them a game. Look at our teams in the past after traveling far and wide, it’s no easy task going to that shithole at the best of times, including with Walter at the helm, never mind 3 days after a 9 man job in Russia. Shite day, but there’s a long way to go in this season. We’re progressing and they’re regressing, simple as.

If the fixture list I just looked at is correct then the next three league games are very winnable.. We've been a bit unfortunate that the game today was at the home of the paedo's coming so soon after the trip to Russia. 

There's a heck of a long way to go yet and granted very disappointing to lose a battle today but the war is still to be fought for and won.