Gerrard & Jack : Post Match Reactions

Virtuoso

its maybe a bit of a sharp descent from the statements Gerrard made on 24 July about needing to put right the wrongs (when he was comparing the tie this season to the disastrous tie when Pedro was manager).    Putting right the wrong under a description of the game being no better than a grind and a game where he'll not even watch the game back seems to me to be clearing a 'putting right the wrongs' hurdle by the thinnest of margins and only really in the sense that Rangers make it to the next round.

He looked tense and to my mind he came over as someone very far from pleased with the way his team played tonight and very far from satisfied with a disrespectful opposition (heating left on in dressing room and committing fouls all over the park etc).     

A grind right enough.

Here's hoping for a winning start to the league at the weekend because surely it could not be another grind-like performance again. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Who drops out for Jones though?

Arfield, Aribo and Ojo surely certain to start? Jack?

Wouldn’t surprise me if we leave out Arfield. It would be a big and controversial call but he’s barely had a break this Summer and it’s a plastic pitch. 

Gerrard’s spot on with everything he said there. We weren’t ruthless enough when we had the chances to score, pitch condition was a shambles (as expected as you can’t play decent football on shitey artificial surfaces...they should be outlawed imo), referee let them off for ages with persistent fouling yet couldn’t wait to book our players for first offences...spot on! The biggest compliment you can give him is that he sees games the way the fans see them. We’ve had too many managers in recent seasons who’d be talking pish after a performance like that. Oh and also that number 7 for them was a cheating little rat who should’ve had his stones booted 👍🏼

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

This is going to sound blunt at this stage of the season but I won't be watching that as I already know what he's said 

What did he say then?

Do you know what? I’m not going to bother with your posts after match, because you’ve said exactly he same thing as you did last week when his reaction appeared. You seem to want to turn him into some Warburton type when he clearly isn’t. 

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if we leave out Arfield. It would be a big and controversial call but he’s barely had a break this Summer and it’s a plastic pitch. 

get your point but remember leaving out Arfield last season vs  Killie and we were flat the whole game 

18 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

get your point but remember leaving out Arfield last season vs  Killie and we were flat the whole game 

Arfield was poor tonight and he wasn't much better last week. He was on fire last season but can't be shoehorned into the team on last seasons merit if his form isn't great atm.

Guys, ffs we're just into the new season with a lot of new players, I'm pretty sure we will start to knit and play better, but you have to give the new guys a chance to settle in and get used to their new team mates, here's hoping for a flyer on Sunday and then we can take it from there.

We were shite tonight but compared to our last visit to there it was night and day, we controlled the whole game and kept another clean sheet. Some cunts aught to take a reality check we’re not even properly into the season and new players in a new system are being slaughtered,then you’ve got a nutter coming on to criticise what Gerrard says but hasn’t bothered to listen. Gerrard didn’t try to bullshit us like previous charlatans an said it himself the game was Pish.

36 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

Arfield was poor tonight and he wasn't much better last week. He was on fire last season but can't be shoehorned into the team on last seasons merit if his form isn't great atm.

I think he’s just fucked tbh. He’s barely had a break over the summer.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I think he’s just fucked tbh. He’s barely had a break over the summer.

Did he not only have 1 week less than the rest?

He went on holiday straight after the tims game which was about 3 weeks before the gold cup iirc.

Then had another week or more after they were knocked out before he was fully back with us.

An interupted break for sure, but it really wasn't much less than the other guys. 

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I’ve said it before but for as much as I love Gerrard he needs to learn to adopt the teams shape for different circumstances and situation.

If he just keeps trying to copy what Klopp does with Liverpool without developing his own ideas then we will win nothing. 

This Rangers team uses tactics that are deployed and succeed at the very highest levels.  There's no need for concern.  

2 hours ago, SPWF said:

This forum is fucking mental. 8 pre-season games (including the EL), 23 scored, 1 conceded. Haven’t looked like we’ve gotten out of second gear or properly clicked yet either. Yet you’ve got cunts on here throwing the towel in already :lol:

It almost feels at times that some on here are only happy when we play pish so they can come on and moan like fuck:facepalm:

Don’t get “we rested a few tonight “.  At this stage in the season it should be our strongest available team on the pitch. 

If he’s going to rotate then what is the point of creating competition for each position 

strongest 11 every time - or maybe he doesn’t know what that is??

He said this in another interview 

The ball was light, a balloon, bobbling everywhere. They use different balls in different places until you get into the group stage.

The pitch was dry, the dressing room was 155 degrees.

Seems like they tried every trick in the book. All i care about is getting through. The performances will come later. 

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

2-0 at home, 0-0 away

Give me that in the next 4 games in Europe and I'll bite your hand off. 

We've conceded 1 goal in 8 games in pre season whilst scoring 24, and what you take from that is that we're going to fail again over the course of this season... 

Where's the logic in it? :lol:

Moronic behaviour tbh. 

Against shite though bridgeisblue. 

I’m still positive we’re stronger than last season though. Kilmarnock will be a good game to see how far we’ve come 

9 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I really like him, but everyone knows we needed more quality and creativity in the final third. Particularly against teams that come and park the bus. 

We signed Jones, Ojo, Stewart and Hastie - and lost Kent and Candeias. If anything we’re weaker. 

He and Allen need to shoulder the blame. We’re not winning the league with the squad as it is.

I wanted better than Candeias and Kent if not at least the same after our strong end of season finish.

There is no doubt we have regressed . The only thing that stays a positive . Our 2 main central defenders are pretty solid

43 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

2-0 at home, 0-0 away

Give me that in the next 4 games in Europe and I'll bite your hand off. 

We've conceded 1 goal in 8 games in pre season whilst scoring 24, and what you take from that is that we're going to fail again over the course of this season... 

Where's the logic in it? :lol:

Moronic behaviour tbh. 

It's actually mental.

Consider the goals stats, getting through euro rounds, and no long term injuries and it's a great pre season.  Players look fit, decent cohesion, just not yet clinical up front. We've also had several motm keeper performances against us.

Yes theres still loads of work to be done but I really dont get what folk are expecting more from pre season.

Guess it must be the finished article by the end of July, and if that's the expectation no wonder they're disappointed.