Morelos and Defoe

GOAT

10 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Doubt it. Two players, one position. 

I am happy with one replacing the other. Whichever way they start it must be a depressing sight for a defender to see one go off and the other choking to get on. 

And a thoroughly encouraging one for us!

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Id love us to try a 352 with them up front, the times we have tried it either one was slightly out of position (morelos away to killie) or we're chasing a game against 11 men defending like fuck

Morelos is born to play lone striker. 

If we were to play two up top I don’t think they would be the best partnership. They will both shoot 9 times out of 10 And only pass to each other if they absolutely have to

Don’t need it tbh. It’s better this way as they’re both pushing each other like fuck. 

Defoe knows the game inside out and knows he’ll no be able to play every game. His form however is riling Alfredo to the point where he’s coming on desperate to score and do everything he can to win the game. It’s absolutely quality to watch

42 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Morelos is born to play lone striker. 

If we were to play two up top I don’t think they would be the best partnership. They will both shoot 9 times out of 10 And only pass to each other if they absolutely have to

I dont think he's born to play loan striker his interplay with Ojo showed he is linking up now.

It's unlikely we'll deviate from our preferred system and it's unlikely we'll start many games, if any, with them both up top.

However I don't go along with the suggestion or belief they are incapable of playing alongside each other. In certain games it could work. They're both very intelligent players. They would need to adapt but it could work. Also since getting more game time, a full preseason and up to speed Defoe is showing the great player he is. Morelos has also taken his game to another level.

For it to work it would take time, not too dissimilar to trying to get Defoe and Davis up to speed last season which didn't work out too great. That's the big risk. It's certainly not the worst problem to have. Thankfully it's all on Gerrard!  As above though I can't see it happening too often.

Hopefully not, it’ll be desperation if we do. They’re a great partnership off the pitch though, Morelos must learn so much from Defoe and I bet Defoe loves having a guy like that to work with at this stage in his career. For the system we play, those 2 rotating as striker is absolute genius.

If we play both, then we have to sit a natural winger like Ojo or Jones because Arfield is defo one of the front three. I'm actually not totally against it. I watched Defoe's goal a few times today and his touches are world class. And Alfie is....... well just one of the best.