Steve Clarke hopes UEFA sectarian singing penalty helps Rangers ‘tackle fan behaviour’. ...by TOM ENGLISH

Robmc1

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

It’s funny how Clarke has become the poster child for standing up to sectarian abuse but there has been next to nowhere near the same level of talk or widespread support for Derek McInnes after he reacted to celtic fans chanting sectarian abuse at him. It was briefly glossed over then quickly forgotten about.

Grow up mate. You can’t be sectarian towards at Protestant. 

31 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

You’re asking why certain people feel things need to be dragged up again and again and again?

I take it you’re not married?

😀👏,  in actual fact I like being married so much I decided to do it twice. Tbf to her eternal credit that’s one thing she excels  at not doing 👍👍...

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

It’s funny how Clarke has become the poster child for standing up to sectarian abuse but there has been next to nowhere near the same level of talk or widespread support for Derek McInnes after he reacted to celtic fans chanting sectarian abuse at him. It was briefly glossed over then quickly forgotten about.

Fucking spot on mate.

59 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I am utterly convinced you use the word 'malcontent' more than any human being who has ever lived.

To be fair to Clarke, his interview is not biased. Gives it out to both sides equally. I am still convinced however, that it was 99% faux offence and the whole thing blew up to cover the fact he got pumped so hard.

That goes both ways. He caused the 'fenian' thing to get blown out of proportion, which in turn caused the 'orange/H**' things on Boyd and McInnes to get blown out of proportion.

Scotlands whole reputation is in the gutter because both sides want the other punished. In this day and age, there is no way you can justify either side, even though the offence is purely put on for show.

Now I may be misremembering, but I'm not sure I recall McInnes and Boyd being pitied with pages and pages written about how such barbaric abuse would force them out of Scottish football.

"He loves it doesn't he" from Walker live on sky sports on Boyd is what I'll remember.

2 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

Especially since McInness actually got sent off for taking umbrage with it. I honestly believe it was more to do with the horsing his team got that night he spat the dummy,  the singing deflector was laid at his feet by a reporter which he gratefully clasped on to...

100%.  Was blatantly obvious after what had happened just a few days before and almost fuck all was said about it.  I also think he kept quiet about them that week, because he wanted to keep that avenue open to him.

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Saw the article last night, whoever edited the story has put in a negative headline about us but as has been said, it's a wider ranging piece. 

Let's not kid ourselves on, this is another screw turn in the anti Rangers, bad protestants agenda. It will ramp up in the coming days and we may even hear of wonderful anti sectarian movements from the bheasts. 

In my eyes Clarke lost the high ground when he glossed over what happened with Boyd and the narrative there was "banter".

This is what happens when sectarianism is defined and publicly accepted as solely anti-catholic. (Bizarre)

which created the accurate term selectarianism 

2 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

Did they do a piece on the high praise the club received from the MOD last week? Imo a far more newsworthy and positive piece promoting time effort and money in support of the armed forces. The partial closure had already been announced, this story was conceived chased up and delivered with one transparent notion in mind...

I read that text every single day and I can say they definitely didn't.  What was the piece please?

2 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Not a surprise, and if this ran for 200years I bet their club wouldn't ever win it. 

I wonder if they give out awards for things like leaving lights on during blackouts or letting Nasi boats refuel in their beloved homeland or for getting their stadium closed for real sectarian chanting getting belted out at their stadium during WW2?

3 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

The club won’t challenge uefa in their interpretation of sectarian but we should be challenging this prick as what is sectarian about fenians as some of these utter cunts say they are Protestant 💁🏿‍♂️

0B8DB4AC-0059-47D5-9394-3FD7DC9B1966.jpeg

He is spot on as they mean two different things.  Being saying all along their were plenty of Protestant fenians.

I personally have no issues with Clarke and I am happy Lennon is their manager and not Clarke.

The guy spent 20 odd years mostly at Chelsea then Liverpool etc and he simply is not interested in any of it unlike the likes of Lennon who just can't help himself.