Officialdom Conspiracy 2020/21?

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

"Referees know what is at stake this season" was the jungle drum beating before the season started.

Regardless of the tarriers position, they will do everything they can. 

The biased of the biased. Our nations fantastic football media.

Is that right? We just on the wind up?

I don't know mate but its our bus people are saying he goes on.

So I know for a fact he doesn't 

17 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

"Referees know what is at stake this season" was the jungle drum beating before the season started.

Regardless of the tarriers position, they will do everything they can. 

The biased of the biased. Our nations fantastic football media.

Is that right? We just on the wind up?

Whether they are biased or not is totally irrelevant to the point. They'll have tagged those journos in the hope of getting the tweet more visibility via RTs and making the information more widely available to players at clubs at all levels in Scottish football.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Whether they are biased or not is totally irrelevant to the point. They'll have tagged those journos in the hope of getting the tweet more visibility via RTs and making the information more widely available to players at clubs at all levels in Scottish football.

Really isn’t.

Just now, The Dude said:

It reallly is. They tagged journos in a tweet about them being available to give legal advice to players after the season was stopped. Whether the journos are fucking shite or not doesn't really change anything about it,

Goes to the leanings of the tweeter or company that they tag such pro-celtic / anti-Rangers journos.

You don’t decide what people should or shouldn’t consider relevant. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Goes to the leanings of the tweeter or company that they tag such pro-celtic / anti-Rangers journos.

You don’t decide what people should or shouldn’t consider relevant. 

Tagging a handful of prominent journos goes to their leanings? You'll have to explain this one a bit.

Given the tweet was intended for players at clubs across the country, which pro-Rangers journos should they have tweeted it to to try maximise the visibility of the tweet?

This Andrew Phillips seems to be a bear right enough.....l got sent something earlier.....apparently the mhanks are up in arms....the fucking irony......after the treatment we have had to endure at the hands of the last 2 officers they now think this is corruption at it's finest as they no longer have a pape at the helm....they really are a parody of themselves :lol:

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

This Andrew Phillips seems to be a bear right enough.....l got sent something earlier.....apparently the mhanks are up in arms....the fucking irony......after the treatment we have had to endure at the hands of the last 2 officers they now think this is corruption at it's finest as they no longer have a pape at the helm....they really are a parody of themselves :lol:

whether he is a bear or not i just think it is crazy to have a lawyer as a compliance officer how will he have the knowledge of whether it is a foul or a dive etc  surely e should have a ex referee who knows the game  i know it would be hard in this country because of the 2 clubs but someone from england or overseas could do the job

1 hour ago, billscott said:

whether he is a bear or not i just think it is crazy to have a lawyer as a compliance officer how will he have the knowledge of whether it is a foul or a dive etc  surely e should have a ex referee who knows the game  i know it would be hard in this country because of the 2 clubs but someone from england or overseas could do the job

It's the ex referees are also part of the problem bill.....they are the panel of 3 who can't agree on Jack shit once a player has been cited 

1 hour ago, billscott said:

His role isnt to do that. It's to assess whether there's been a breach of the rules purely from the perspective of the rulebook. If he thinks there is, it goes to a panel of three ex-refs to decide whether a ban should be offered

27 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

It's the ex referees are also part of the problem bill.....they are the panel of 3 who can't agree on Jack shit once a player has been cited 

And it's about time , we knew who they were and how often each one gets the gig 

2 minutes ago, billscott said:

yes i know that i am not stupid watch football for around 70 yrs  but again i say how can a lawyer know there has been a breach of the rules the way players con the ref nowadays

Maybe he is going to have Hugh Dallas as his No2 just to keep him right mate 😂👍

Beaton is a cunt.

At least 2 penalties not given. Arguably 3. Booking Alfie for being fouled. Manager red carded for asking for explanation and being told to speak to him inside despite them going into different stands. Booking Shagget for time wasting when I don't even think the sub was off the park.

This display tonight and what we've seen over recent seasons shouldn't be ignored just because we're winning.

It's fucking wrong and again we're dealt with harshly- for things a mob across the city get similar decisions going for them.

• 1 month later...

JOHN HUGHES has launched a blistering attack on refs — and claimed his last call to Hampden beaks felt like a Jeremy Beadle prank.
Ross County gaffer Yogi hit out days after Hamilton boss Brian Rice slammed officials and SFA referees’ chief Crawford Allan.

Both managers claim their teams have been on the wrong end of decisions.
Hughes even suggested many whistlers are Old Firm fans.
He said contacting Allan is so pointless he feels like he’s wandered into an episode of 1980s hit TV show Beadle’s About.
Yogi said: “When you phone up, what a phone call — you are waiting for Jeremy Beadle to jump out!

“I am serious, you are looking for Beadle to appear.
“You are on the phone asking, ‘Is this for real’?
“I have never been patronised so much in all my life.
“I’m 56. I have played the game and I have been brought up with my gut and my character.
“I know it and I’ve seen it with my own eyes and I am getting that on the phone, it is just embarrassing.
“Brian Rice had a rant and I have his back that’s for sure.”

Hughes repeated his call for full-time refs in the Premiership and wants experienced whistlers for the bottom-six run-in, as County fight for survival.
Willie Collum has been appointed for Saturday’s crucial drop-zone clash at Kilmarnock.
But the Staggies boss insists Scottish refereeing is filled with fans of Celtic and Rangers.
Hughes suspects those alleged Old Firm allegiances are why the SFA doesn’t publicise which clubs whistlers support.
In England, refs have to declare what team they follow and the situation is audited each season. But that doesn’t happen north of the border.

Hughes added: “I asked the question of a certain referee about his team.
“I was told we don’t ask our refs which team they support because half of them wouldn’t be able to referee Rangers and Celtic — that’s the reason why!
“Going full-time would help them, but one or two referees have had a personality bypass as there is no talking to them.
“They put that wee uniform on and they are running about out there. They should just calm down and take a notch off their jockstrap.
“Part of being a referee is about having a bit of banter, your people skills and the way you conduct yourself.”

Rice hit out at officials and Allan’s handling of complaints after two penalty controversies in the Scottish Cup defeat to St Mirren last weekend.
Hughes said: “I heard my mate Brian the other day after their game and I was laughing — but not at him.
“I stand by him. But try being the Ross County boss, Chipper!
“With the penalty against Hibs, you are having a laugh.
“The penalty against St Mirren, with the boy Greg Aitken, you are having a laugh. They were absolutely horrendous decisions.
“I was laughing at that because I know what you are going through, Brian. I feel your pain, but ours is WORSE than yours. We could be sitting with a few more points because I think we have had a couple of really shocking refereeing decisions.
“The one against Hibs was with John Beaton. We never get a penalty, but there have been plenty against us.

“Although I am laughing at it, I feel I am together with Brian. Everything he is saying, he is saying for me as well.
“Everything he says, I agree with. I agree small clubs get absolutely nothing.
“Somebody will say, ‘Here he goes, ranting and raving’, but I am not. The proof is in the pudding and I have just highlighted two incidents. I don’t know why those decisions were given by two experienced referees. You expect better from them.
“It is easy being a referee. Just referee what you see and that is simple.
“I haven’t spoken to Chipper about what happened, but he has my backing 100 per cent and a little bit more.”
Rice claimed refs’ chief Allan isn’t interested in speaking to smaller clubs and Hughes agrees, insisting they feel patronised when they make calls.
He added: “I agree with Brian when he says with Crawford Allan you are wasting your time. That is why I would never phone him again to be patronised. You are having a laugh.
“Chipper has my backing, but try being the Ross County manager with the stonewall penalties we don’t get, or the soft ones that are given against us.
“If he had given that penalty we had against Hibs in an Old Firm game, there would have been an outcry.
“Something has to be done about it and there has to be some accountability.”
Hughes has been a supporter of full-time refs for years. The County boss is glad the crucial game with Killie this weekend will be overseen by Collum.
And while he knows young refs have to learn their trade, he doesn’t agree with the notion that it’s OK for them to take charge of only the smaller clubs.
He said: “The managers have to get together. The refs try their best, but I think they need a hand.
“I want them to go full-time because that would help them.
“How can I be in a league of 12 and it gets split where you can referee that team down there, but you can’t referee that team up there? That is not equality, that is rules for one and different rules for others. We need to highlight that, you can’t get away with that. It shouldn’t be going on, we are in 2021.

“I am at the same table as Celtic and Rangers and I play to the same rules. But we are treated differently, that has to be exposed.
“You have to ask the reason why. That is discriminating against my club.
“We had a rookie referee a couple of weeks before we had John Beaton — and he was miles better than him.
“But we need experienced guys from now on in. I want the best, and Willie Collum’s up there with the best.”

4 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Yogi giving Beaton a doing there. Always like Hughes, speaks his mind.

For an ex tarrier, he has never really spoke badly of us as well, anytime ive seen him talk of us its always bigging us up

Big John always seems to come across as honest, says it as he sees it and not afraid to have a laugh at himself.

I remember reading an article involving him, it might have been Goram's book, where it was mentioned him and Goram got into an altercation during a Rangers vs celtic game, the incident fizzled out but he told Goram later that he had been told to wind Goram up and try and get him sent off as Goram would be a bigger loss to Rangers during the game than he would be for celtic, so it wouldn't matter if he got sent off too.:lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Madden made a few bad decisions.

Walsh should of been booked for taking out Kent in the build up to the 1st goal. Blatant, he's got no excuses for that one.

Just before the penalty, the free kick on the edge of our box for Goldson's tackle on Brown looked soft, although he should've tackled with this left foot instead of his right, making the tackle look awkward. Harsh decision.

The penalty itself, Aribo does have his hand on their player but there's only the slightest push followed by a dramatic dive. Very soft pen.

Aribo penalty claim, there was a great view of this on Sportscene but they ignored it in their analysis. Taylor's got Aribo's arm in a vice like grip and pulls him forcefully to the ground. It's a blatant foul and stops a tap in. Maybe the refs not got a good view of this one but his assistant would have a great view. It's a bad miss of Édouardian proportions from the officials.

Overall, we were fortunate that the mistakes made by the officials didn't effect the result of the game.

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I thought he had a good game yesterday. Think he's the best ref in the league by a mile. 

Let's the game flow and is never out of control. 

Why did he not book Walsh? Pretty much any foul were you take out an opponent on a break away attack is a booking. With the speed Kent was going at it could of been a sore one? I can't think of any reason why that wasn't a booking?