them

MisterC

33 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

This mob are going baws deep to try and secure the title btw. They must win this league or they are fucked

35 million spent in his first 6months if they sign Jota and Carter-Vickers

We just need to keep it to one game at a time and make sure we do nothing stupid in Gio we trust. 

Haha fs it’d be interesting to see how much the rest of the league (us included) have spent on our current teams and if it reaches the 35 mil Ange has spent this season (if they sign them both). 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

This mob are going baws deep to try and secure the title btw. They must win this league or they are fucked

We just need to keep it to one game at a time and make sure we do nothing stupid in Gio we trust. 

As Thermopylae pointed out a couple of days ago,the winner gets the £40 M CL money,and the loser is £40 M behind.
That is an £80 M swing.
Not sure if they would EVER recover from that scenario.

10 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Shitebag fc. 

Screenshot_20220109-230432_Twitter.jpg

We called off a game against Forfar because we had international call ups.

Wanting the game on the 2nd January called off because of no crowd was shite-baggery, but I don't think we're in any position to criticise them if they get it called off again because of the internationals.

12 minutes ago, left winger said:

but I don't think we're in any position to criticise them if they get it called off again because of the internationals.

Couldn't disagree with you more. There are no more slots available, play with what you have ( and you have fucking plenty).

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Saw a bit of that McGree as used to bet on the A league games on BT, decent player was head and shoulders above anything in A league which isn't saying much but think he'll be a good signing.

Hes not nearly the best player in the a league ffs 

11 hours ago, Goianegra said:

"...it now means there's no further room to delay games - we've used the two available slots that exist and there simply isn't any more space."

🤔

Coming from Doncaster means the square root of fuck all. He'll find a way of appeasing his tarrier overlords.

16 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Coming from Doncaster means the square root of fuck all. He'll find a way of appeasing his tarrier overlords.

Correct .Doncaster once stood on the steps at Hampden and said as far as he was concerned CVA and liquidation scenarios were no different and there was no mechanism to remove us from the SPL.

We all know how that panned out .

2 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

is that not in seville? i think its the same guy who was crying while a steward consoled him when we won the league :lol:

Think it’s Fir Park - think they’ve got metal bits like that at the back of the stand. Rather he went a thousand miles for a greet, though.

57 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

You're right except its not an £80m swing.  Would be if the losers were giving £40m up and the winners taking it, but that's not the case.

Plus there’s no way you can say us getting CL, means they’ll never catch us. It can take 1 bad transfer window/appointment to bridge a gap. 

We need the CL money to clear some debts and put us in sound financial footing. It’s not like we’re going to go and spend it all on players

11 hours ago, KingKirk said:

To be fair according to Transfermarkt they are currently £12m in the green for transfers this season. Obviously that’s offset by Carter Vickers & Jots being on loan which will apparently cost them £12m combined to buy permanently. Jota I think is worth that but Carter-Vickers ain’t worth anywhere near that.

So along with the other players they have been linked with should see them make a few million loss this season but I don’t think we should delude ourselves that they are in any sort of financial trouble.

On the plus side I don’t think they have many players left that could be sold on for the huge fees they have received over the last couple of years. They could maybe get some good money for Jota in 2 or 3 years if they sign him but other than him they don’t have much. Kyogo does look good but he’s 27 so they ain’t going to get a massive fee for him unless he leaves in the summer which is unlikely.

They new Japanese signings don’t look to have the same pedigree as Kyogo so I don’t think they will improve the tarriers significantly (in fact one of them looks completely wank) nor does this kid from Birmingham they are being linked with.

The Rangers squad is undoubtedly much stronger than the tarrier one, the only players who I would have in our squad from their’s are Jota, Kyogo, Juranovic (as backup to Tav), maybe Carter-Vickers as 3rd or 4th choice CB.

We just need to keep making incremental improvements to the squad, ideally more imaginative and of a higher quality than the signings we made this summer. Then if the likes of Aribo, Morelos or Kamara go we can use that money to get real quality in.

1 hour ago, Gazza2258 said:

You're right except its not an £80m swing.  Would be if the losers were giving £40m up and the winners taking it, but that's not the case.

Plus it assumes the team finishing second doesn't qualify for the group stages of any of the 3 competitions. Highly unlikely.

21 minutes ago, left winger said:

We shat it from Forfar, mate!

It was embarrassing,  first time ever I was ashamed to be a Rangers fan. Even humping dished out by them never caused me to be ashamed.

Frankly I wake up everyday thankful I am not a tim

3 hours ago, left winger said:

We called off a game against Forfar because we had international call ups.

Wanting the game on the 2nd January called off because of no crowd was shite-baggery, but I don't think we're in any position to criticise them if they get it called off again because of the internationals.

The difference here is there was room to postpone the game and reschedule. 

Doncaster has been very adamant about there being no room left to postpone further fixtures thanks to this early winter break.

If they ask for a postponement it goes to review and it should be rejected. They'll be missing at most 3 players per the rules. 

Compare that with games pre break that had loans being cancelled and in one game an assistant manger had to be registered to make a game go ahead.