Scotland at the euros?

Will you be supporting scotland at the euros?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be supporting Scotland?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

:confused:

A bit like saying Rangers only won the league because they collected the most points TBH. 

Nothing like that. doing well in qualifying because your a pot one side in a draw and continuing to be a pot one side because you do well in qualifying is known as a virtuous circle, doesn't of course mean you will do well in tournaments because you have fifa ranking points for beating gash teams in qualifying.

Anyone with half a brain understands this.

Which rules you out obv

9 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

England are only high up in the rankings because they are in the virtuous circle of doing well in qualifying for tournaments and being highly seeded as a result, they are nowhere near top 4 in the world

We're only at 40th because we don't qualify. What's your point?

Just now, Monkey Butler said:

Think you need a new tool for your toolbox. Genuinely mystified why this is upsetting you so much.

I'm not upset at all, I just find it baffling Rangers fans are happy to support a Scotland team run by, managed by and supported by filth who hate us.

Still find it weird that you won't get involved with discussions about Rangers but will about Scotland. You quite clearly don't want to talk about that though so I'll just leave it.

5 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Nothing like that. doing well in qualifying because your a pot one side in a draw and continuing to be a pot one side because you do well in qualifying is known as a virtuous circle, doesn't of course mean you will do well in tournaments because you have fifa ranking points for beating gash teams in qualifying.

Anyone with half a brain understands this.

Which rules you out obv

They have also done well in tournaments though..... they were in the Semi Final of the World Cup and UEFA Nations League..... :confused:

The vast majority of top end Nations and those close to and around them in the rankings i.e Portugal, Spain and Italy meet the same criteria you are applying to England, England have just put together a more consistent set of results than them over a period of time. 

5 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

:lol:

Wouldn't it have been easier to admit it was a shite comparison instead of making it more stupid?

You’re having a mare this morning mate, Barca have been a top club team for years England have won absolutely zilch since 66. 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I wonder if all the people making sarcastic comments about Scotland fans celebrating a result that nobody expected them to get are so raging about it because they are mainly the same people who have been talking about how England would take four or five off Scotland all week :lol:

Have you not read the posts? Can you actually not see what people are stating as their problem with Rangers fans supporting Scotland?

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

I'm not upset at all, I just find it baffling Rangers fans are happy to support a Scotland team run by, managed by and supported by filth who hate us.

Still find it weird that you won't get involved with discussions about Rangers but will about Scotland. You quite clearly don't want to talk about that though so I'll just leave it.

Didn't we already put the argument to bed about how the Scotland fanbase is made up mostly by Rangers fans? Granted, none from your super staunch RSC or pals group, but the stats don't lie.

I just love talking about Scotland mate. I find it weird that you don't.

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I've been to Ibrox and seen Rangers live hundreds of times but only been to Ibrox twice in the last three years. Does that make you are bigger Rangers supporter than me or are you on the wind up as usual?

Yes

I’m the biggest Rangers supporter on here

4 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

An absolutely pointless discussion. No-one’s going to convince anyone to wither start or stop supporting Scotland. Always the same when international breaks came up, who genuinely gives a fuck what other people decide to do with supporting them. 

And yes I realise I’ve added to the pointless discussion with a completely pointless comment.

It’s been like this for 9 years now. Will never end.

5 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

An absolutely pointless discussion. No-one’s going to convince anyone to wither start or stop supporting Scotland. Always the same when international breaks came up, who genuinely gives a fuck what other people decide to do with supporting them. 

And yes I realise I’ve added to the pointless discussion with a completely pointless comment.

That’s what forums are for :tu:

37 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

They have also done well in tournaments though..... they were in the Semi Final of the World Cup and UEFA Nations League..... :confused:

The vast majority of top end Nations and those close to and around them in the rankings i.e Portugal, Spain and Italy meet the same criteria you are applying to England, England have just put together a more consistent set of results than them over a period of time. 

Have a look at England's qualifying group for the world cup, Albania, hungary, poland and andorra, a scoosh because they are a pot one side and will get  fifa ranking points for doing so and thus continue to be a pot one side, ensuring easy draws and high fifa ranking, does this mean they will even make the semi's at the Euro's ahead of France, Portugal, Belgium or Italy? I dont think so and I'm an England fan, Rankings dont really mean that much, are Croatia really the 5th best in the world right now? are the Belgians the best? doubt it very much.

Besides as @The Specky Liar said fifa rankings can be manipulated by playing lesser teams in meaningless friendlies or not playing friendlies at all,  did Rangers manipulate their league position by deciding who they play? no of course they didn't, dumb comparison.