Full backs.

beararse

I knew it was just a matter of time before the Patterson/Tav debate would become an issue. I just didn't think it would happen after 3 games. Patterson is the better player, I've always said that but Tavernier is the captain and longest serving player so it creates debates amongst fans and probably even the coaching staff.

Barisic missed pre-season and it shows. (same for Aribo who looked knackered in the second-half)

13 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Barasic crosses a terrific ball , thats as far as its ever went with him. Sort that out with big Bassey and we have a far better defender

This is a bit of a myth.

Barisic is capable of whipping in what looks like cracking balls but a lot of the time there’s no cunt on the end of them, therefore they ain’t cracking deliveries.

Just now, beararse said:

This is a bit of a myth.

Barisic is capable of whipping in what looks like cracking balls but a lot of the time there’s no cunt on the end of them, therefore they ain’t cracking deliveries.

Its the best part of his game cause he cant defend.

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Barisic was rotten tonight, absolutely rotten, but Bassey already seems to be earmarked as this seasons “the less he plays the better he gets” player on here.

Or perhaps it’s ‘the more he plays, the better he’s likely to get’

Just now, DiamondDan said:

Hes decent, but he's no gazza the way some folk are making out now he's absent.

Would he improve the team? Aye, but he wouldnt win game and he's not the answer to all our problems.

No one has ever alluded to him being anywhere that level.

Yes, he would improve the team, and may well have helped us to win tonight.

But no one has ever suggested him being the answer to all our problems.

7 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Tell you who else would have improved the team tonight, Glen Kamara. But if reports are be to believed, he was permitted to assault a Slavia player because he racially abused him.  Doesn't seem such a wise move any more either, but every cunt on here revelled in that as well.

You're a fucking freak

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

The other day I said anyone that wanted Bassey starting over Barisic tonight was mental 

I stand corrected, at least Bassey would’ve tried. 

Back 4 of Patterson, Katic, Helander & Bassey for the next few games?

Send a rocket up Tav, Goldson and Barisic’s arses and they up their performances or proves we can get rid.

I am SO fucked off with that current back line right now.

35 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Barasic crosses a terrific ball , thats as far as its ever went with him. Sort that out with big Bassey and we have a far better defender.....

He never beat the first man with a cross all night. Neither did Tav tbf....dont think any of them have the past 3 games when I think of it.

13 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Tell you who else would have improved the team tonight, Glen Kamara. But if reports are be to believed, he was permitted to assault a Slavia player because he racially abused him.  Doesn't seem such a wise move any more either, but every cunt on here revelled in that as well.

Indeed, he would have. Has no relevance to the point we were discussing, right enough.

15 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

I agree with you on the Barisic stuff but we have known for 5 months basically that Kamara was banned, the boy is our best player in Europe by a country mile but it doesn't excuse that shitshow tonight, the ban was still worth it to punch that scumbag. 

35 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I don't think so however it would be nice to see the boy get a run to see how he plays. Surely couldn't be worse than what we seen tonight 

Had a lot of the ball in advanced areas v Livi & the outcome was pretty similar to tonight, tbf.

You’d get out the way if he came galloping up the wing at you, though.

Bolt on quicker decision making & a final ball & he could be something.

56 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I knew it was just a matter of time before the Patterson/Tav debate would become an issue. I just didn't think it would happen after 3 games. Patterson is the better player, I've always said that but Tavernier is the captain and longest serving player so it creates debates amongst fans and probably even the coaching staff.

Barisic missed pre-season and it shows. (same for Aribo who looked knackered in the second-half)

At one point I thought he had been subbed - he was horrendous tonight - don't know what position  he was supposed to be playing

Here’s another reason why Tav and Barisic should be out that team….

Can anyone recall either of them flattening some cunt at any point in their Rangers careers?

For a defender, that’s a terrible indictment.

I honestly can’t recall either putting in a really hard challenge, fair or otherwise, on anyone, EVER.

I think we need a proper target man striker, for all of alfies graft he puts in, he's not a clinical striker and not one to ping a cross onto that he gets his head onto. Same with roofe, he is more clinical but he's no a target man. Considering our best attacks come from AWB players in tav and borna, we don't seem to have someone that breaks their neck to get a header away or get onto crosses etc. Itten isn't that player either.

2 hours ago, beararse said:

On current form (including the 2nd half of last season) I’d get Barasic and Tav to fuck out that team.

I’ve thought that for some time so it’s not a knee jerk reaction to tonight’s capitulation.

Neither can defend that well and we rely solely on them hitting in crosses. Problem is they generally do so from a standing position these days and seldom on the run or after hitting the byline.

Both Bassey and Patterson are arguably better defenders (Patterson definitely is), are far more physical and more direct and varied in their play.

I can’t recall Barisic beating a defender for pace, getting to the byline or cutting infield for example. 

We don’t need to keep Barasic or Tav in the starting line up on the basis they will score a great free kick once in a blue moon.

Tav’s body language is horrendous as he mooches around when things aren’t going well (was on show tonight) and Barisic is a bit of a pussy when it comes to being on the receiving end of a challenge (again, on show tonight).

I’m sick of watching the two of them. 

I think Barasic needs a rest, Tav's got no excuse.  Let's see what Bassey and Patterson can do on Friday and if they perform they should  keep their place in the team.