*****Official Sparta Prague v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Will get pelters for saying it but fuck it. We've been pish all season but I've got to be honest and say this team look as if they can't be bothered with the europa league. 

I feel exactly the same tbh malmo result killed me

Look like they can’t be bothered full stop and if the managers attitude is anything to go by then no wonder.

If Gerrard thinks because we are top of SPFL that we’ve been playing well then no wonder we’re getting half arsed performances.

Just now, the brown brogue said:

To me it doesn't look like any of our players or coaching staff are remotely interested in being in this competition, getting binned out the champions league qualifiers has absolutely knocked the stuffing out of them. And for some players I don't think they're interested in being at the club full stop now, they're probably as bored with the same old faces and the same predictable patterns of play as the rest of us. We desperately need to freshen things up in January if we can. 

I'd love that ability to look at players and management and immediately say "they're no interested". Some talent.

Just now, MorelosRangers said:

This is going to be a grind of a season.

We haven't played well consistently since prior to last Christmas. The 2nd Jan game we got lucky with 0 shots on target. We won a few games but not in mich style. It's went on for too long.

The only thing that's giving us some breathing space is how dismal the scum are. Gerrard saying we're top of the league is a great sound bite but totally papering over the cracks

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Roofe came off for Morelos.

Aribo came off for Lundstrum after we went down to 10 im sure.

Lundstrum is now first choice for me in the centre by the way.

Lundstram actually brought some urgency and meaningful passing when he came on. If we started with him and Morelos I think it would have been a very different game.

1 minute ago, MorelosRangers said:

This is going to be a grind of a season.

We haven't played well consistently since prior to last Christmas. The 2nd Jan game we got lucky with 0 shots on target. We won a few games but not in mich style. It's went on for too long.

I’ll get pelters but I they filth get any kind of form (they have Kyogo back now) we’ll struggle to stay 6 clear. We are an absolute shadow of ourselves.

5 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Sakala on for the full game when we have Wright on the bench was a ludicrous decision. 

Bringing Aribo off for Alfie was also mental.

Once again the tactical in game decisions by Gerrard and his management team have been shown as very poor.

It was Roofe for Alfie, and he (Roofe) was absolutely rank rotten. Aribo went off for Lundstram who probably should have started the game.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I wonder if Gerrard still thinks his players are full of life.

It's getting ridiculous now. Clearly there is an issue and he needs to address it quickly. I've not known a Gerrard team to look as toothless as this. 

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

They booed one player, man the fuck up. 

They booed Sakala and Bassey too.

I'm no fucking snowflake but in 2021 this shit isn't tolerated and the cunts should have the book thrown at them.

Baffling.

Rotating GKs - Rotating Cdms - Bacuna to Start. :confused:

Away from home so need legs and runners. Let's start Davis and Bacuna. 

Persisting with players way off form - subbed Kent at half time for a shit performance but others get to carry-on. Maybe others teams just have our number now and its easy to counter out tactics. 

Who even is the first choice 11 now? 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Look like they can’t be bothered full stop and if the managers attitude is anything to go by then no wonder.

If Gerrard thinks because we are top of SPFL that we’ve been playing well then no wonder we’re getting half arsed performances.

We'll still win the league tho comfortably and that's worth 30million

First UEFA just scrap your no to racism campaign. What's the point when a country like this is allowed to keep playing despite repeat incidents. Disgusting what Kamara got put through tonight and that was never a sending off. 

We have been regressing this season and this game is another example.

We're struggling to create anything going forward and our backline is shambolic. Normally I'd give some leeway because it was makeshift pairing tonight but that's been our defending this season. 

We need a change in approach and setup. This isn't working especially when our play relies on our fullbacks who like others aren't performing.

In the good old days Souness, Smith, Advocaat, players coming in the summer would generally have been better than what we already had and that immediately forced the incumbents to up their game. None of these new arrivals are first team picks for me so there’s no threat to anyone who isn’t on their game.

Must be frustrating for Gerard too, knowing he could buy 10 Joey Veermans at a mid table EPL club whose peak ambition is not to get relegated. 

Playing Roofe with Sakala is an absolute waste of Roofe as well. He has to come deep to get the ball which he can do perfectly well but we need him in the box where he has been absolutely lethal for us in the last year.

Sakala doesn't look like the type of player who can lead a line unlike Roofe or Alfie. I only say that because to me he looked our most further forward player tonight. Same for the Motherwell game.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

It was Roofe for Alfie, and he (Roofe) was absolutely rank rotten. Aribo went off for Lundstram who probably should have started the game.

I realise that re the substitution but Roofe was pish, Sakala was pish. Both should have been off.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

This a becoming one of the biggest myths of the season.

Bar Dunfermline and Livi hes lucky to have a rating above 5 in any other game.

3 of our 4 full backs have not been good enough this season. 

i didnt say he was anything special, just that he is a better option at lb than barrasic currently. 

13 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Sakala on for the full game when we have Wright on the bench was a ludicrous decision. 

Bringing Aribo off for Alfie was also mental.

Once again the tactical in game decisions by Gerrard and his management team have been shown as very poor.

Drop points on Sunday and his head will be getting called for, I'm not there yet but I'm fed up watching pish football this season.