Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Don’t understand the move. Chance at champions league proper vs a relegation battle. 
Obviously a move to England was inevitable with Gerrard but what is Villas ceiling ? Mid table ? Realistically no chance at silverware with the money at other clubs. 
Setting himself up for failure IMO. 

gutted at the moment but wish him the best. Hopefully helps us out and overpays for players next window. 

Just now, surfsup2 said:

If SG goes rather than rush into a big decision.

What about Neil McCann till the end of season see how he goes .

We’re competing for a title that gives automatic CL group stage entry, appointing someone like that as a stop gap is a big no 

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

Actually seeing him down there to meet them has properly got under my skin. Even though I know he's going, to see him getting ready to go and talk about leaving us makes me irrationally angry. Right now all I can think is "fuck him, rat". :lol:

Sarcastic wee look at the guy filming as well

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

He won’t exactly be leaving us on a high while we’re flying. We’ve been plodding along well below par for the whole season. If it’s anyone half decent, the new manager bounce might be enough to get us over the line as far as the league is concerned 

Very true, I’ve criticised Gerrard’s tatics at times maybe a new manager will have different ideas

11 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

I honestly don't blame him for going given the opportunity Villa will give him in the biggest league in the world with a healthy budget, closer to home etc. Villa are also massively undeperforming and even a par performance from Gerrard will see them rise up the table and add to his credibility in the game.

It's the comments in the press over the past few months and years which is then followed by this behaviour which leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

No point in being dramatic about it like some people are on here. We will move on from this.

Have the same view.

However like most he'll spout whatever he needs to to keep the fanbase on-side. The offer probably wasn't on the plate weeks ago? I do believe this club means a lot to him. The family plays a bit part, might work well for his whole team to be in the Midlands? 

He's gave us a decent run, there's been times when we've stuck by him when he could have been booted, he came to do one thing essentially and he did it, he hasn't over-achieved and arguably given the same funds and timescale others may have achieved greater things?

The timing is terrible, but we've got a good squad that have been together for a while and know the job in hand, some old heads in Davis, Shagger, Arfield and Tav etc who can keep everything in perspective. We're in a decent position in all fronts, the next month is massive though and will possibly make or break the season. 

However getting fucked out of the cups means little in the grand scheme of things as the League has to be the focus.