Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

As it should be. World will be told when there’s something to tell. 

Not bothered about anybody else but the fans and players deserve to know wtf has been going on & whether or not we're someway down the road of appointing a replacement.

Or is it going to be an interim manager until the summer etc.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Was six months away from achieving true legend status IMO. Now all he’ll be remembered as is a bit of a cult hero.

As it stands legend will say he’s the man that won 55 and stopped the ten.

May change depending on the outcome of this season.

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

I wonder if the way he's left the players standing there holding their dicks will hopefully make them think twice about jumping ship to join him at Villa. 

Typical English mercenary type. He was seconds away from jumping ship on his one true love when Chelsea came calling in the past, he was always going to leave when something came up down south IMO. There’s no loyalty in football these days.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What else is he going to say? I fucking hate it here and Douglas Park is a tight cunt who won't give me more money for players?

He already said that publicly by saying we can’t expect to do better in Europe as we haven’t spent any money - that’s a nice way of saying exactly that.

Just now, AGM_72 said:

The timing remains the bitterest part about all of this. Two huge games for the club coming up. In the immediate aftermath the scale of the job he's done will probably be diminished a little.

Ultimately, though, we move on. The best way, the Rangers way, is to keep winning.

It’s the only part I’m bitter about tbh. Could have gone anywhere in the summer with my best wishes, but leaving for such a meh club midway through a crucial season leaves a bad taste. But hey ho, onwards and upwards. We’ve been shite all season so this could be a positive outcome if we get it right

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Not bothered about anybody else but the fans and players deserve to know wtf has been going on & whether or not we're someway down the road of appointing a replacement.

Or is it going to be an interim manager until the summer etc.

You need or deserve to know absolutely nothing. 

Of course they are working on it. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What else is he going to say? I fucking hate it here and Douglas Park is a tight cunt who won't give me more money for players?

There are a lot of rhetorical options between "I fucking hate it here" and 'I'm so happy it's fucking stupid to even ask if I might leave'. He might've shown a little judgement and picked one of them. 

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Everyone who’s angry that we’ve not said ‘aye we’re getting GVB in pronto’ in that statement needs a wee lie down. 

The Board & backroom team will be working on it. They’re not sitting about doing nothing. But it doesn’t happen overnight. Short-term pain for long-term gain. 

Chill out. 

I must be one of the few who isn’t sure about GvB. I’m just not sure he is passionate enough to be our manager. Just a gut feeling thing.

15 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Players have just been told this morning an hour before the statement release. Gerrard hasn't said bye.

good!! i hope it pisses them off and opens their eyes that all gerrard cared about was gerrard and galvanises the team and when he comes in for kent and aribo they tell him to fuck off

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

You need or deserve to know absolutely nothing. 

Of course they are working on it. 

🤣🤣

And that's why the board have gotten away with shit for years, the expectation that they don't need to keep the fans informed

23 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

It's the timing of this that fucking infuriates me.

Fuck him and fuck Villa!

Would you rather villa waited until they were relegated, and also we were eventually fed up with him because he became shite after a few years? That's not how it works. 

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

He already said that publicly by saying we can’t expect to do better in Europe as we haven’t spent any money - that’s a nice way of saying exactly that.

We spent enough to beat Malmo, deflection tactics at their finest.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

I just be one of the few who isn’t sure about GvB. I’m just not sure he is passionate enough to be our manager. Just a gut feeling thing.

Many also didn’t want an unproven youth coach, and wanted a steady hand like Walter back last time. Just need to let it play out.