Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If he says anything other than 'I'm happy here and have no plans to leave' he instantly has the Rangers fans (and board) on his back.

Completely get that but the fact it was a Rangers employee who asked him the question you can guarantee it was staged/he knew it was coming and could easily have just not been asked.

Just now, ScottBF2 said:

English players are mercenaries with no club loyalty, something you can’t normally attribute to Scottish players. Modern day is changing but the English game and mentality is a stain on football as a whole.

Element of truth to this; its partly why we got the likes of Gazza, etc in the 90's

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Expect them at the very least to say an appointment will be made ASAP as we know the importance of the next run of fixtures for our season

There's only 2 things to take from them saying nothing...

We have a manager lined up and will be in shortly 

Or they haven't even started yet and it begins now that Gerrard's gone

Can believe what one you think

So waffle for the sake of it basically. 

Now that I've digested this I'm thinking this could be a good thing for us (nearly said blessing), he got us 55 which I'm grateful  for but let's be honest, that mob fell apart from top to bottom, outwith that he has done fuck all domestically,  it's now up to the board to make the correct decision and get someone in who can hit the ground running, some of the names being banded about like mcinnes, Steve fuckin Clarke etc would end me, I personally want GVB in , Gerrard for me has been a snake cunt the way he went about his move so for that reason fuck him. 

1 minute ago, 5Beckenbauer said:

Completely get that but the fact it was a Rangers employee who asked him the question you can guarantee it was staged/he knew it was coming and could easily have just not been asked.

Emma Dodds isn't a Rangers employee - nor was it on a Rangers-owned platform.

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Rather waffle about our new manager over waffle about the guy who just jumped ship midway through the season

Yes, but we don’t have a new manager in yet. You’re wanting inside info that they’re in no position to share. 

3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Nah, I'm not having that, because there's a media-training 101 way of 'saying enough to toe the company line' (which we've all got used to managers and players doing prior to a move) and then there's what he did. It didn't need to be that emphatic and that's what makes it deceitful. 

So he should have hedged his bets on the chance he'd get a job that when he was asked wasn't available and he wasn't linked with?

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If he says anything other than 'I'm happy here and have no plans to leave' he instantly has the Rangers fans (and board) on his back.

His reaction was over the top IMO and it undermines his integrity.  Could have just rolled out something a little more generic like "its flattering to be linked but I'm focused on Rangers", as opposed to suggesting the very notion he would consider leaving was ridiculous/silly.  Especially if (as I expect) we hear the family excuse pretty soon.