Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Disappointed in him leaving as I felt he'd be here until the Liverpool job came up. Obviously hes a hero for getting us 55, but at times I felt he thought he was bigger than us. He didnt have much time for the fans. I'd often see him blank folk waiting for pics/autographs. Contrast this with Walter and McLeish who would sign for ages if need be. Gerrard's cup record was woeful, as was the Malmo defeat this season. I always thought since then things werent right. 

Thanks for 55 but I hope you have a miserable time with Villa

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

I think after last season's incredible high then this season was always going to be a toil. It's hard to maintain that level and quite often teams will regress considerably after such a season due to the difficult in maintaining such a level both physically and mentally.

A fresh manager and approach could be the best thing for us. We have the best squad in the league and are 4 points clear, this season should not be a slog at all.

Agreed 👍 

It shouldn't be a slog,but that's exactly the way it's been.we should be at least 9points clear of they mutant cunts,who are slightly better than they were last season,thanks to the Japanese messi and that 80s perm cunt jota,but the rest of the team are shite and thin bare into the bargain.

If we can get gvb in,shift some deadwood in January and strengthen in 1 or 2 positions,I'm absolutely confident 56 will be in the bag.

He's gone so we now move on. Was never going to be like Walter and manage us for a decade. Wrong to disparage the job he done for us. We were a shambles before he arrived and he quickly reversed this, culminating in one of our greatest title wins ever last season - breaking club and Scottish records along the way. We have consistently punched well above our weight in Europe with him too.  He made many good players better and leaves us in a good place. His timing stinks though and to take all the coaching staff too is far from ideal. Ross Wilson should have contingencies ready as this day was always coming. Let's see.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Maybe the players weren’t still taken with SG and that’s why we’ve toiled? Talk about glass half empty man. 

I think there may be something in this. The way Katic was punted to Croatia and the Barasic form. A few cliques may have been developing in the squad. Gerrards blind spot for certain players etc.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Clubs statement is all about Gerrard and nothing about where we go from here

It's clearly been in the offing for days if not weeks, at least acknowledge the club need a new manager in pronto rather than gush over the manager who has just walked out ffs

It was all done on Sunday evening.