*****Official Rangers v Hibs League Cup SF Match Thread*****

.Williamson.

3 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Heard that too.

Lost a lot of respect for KT there.

He was wrong. Folk also slating Goldson. I think saying it was over at 3-0 was poor, but he was making a point rather than giving up. He is right about the team needing a shake up, but he is still clearly feeling the passion. I think it's barisic and morelos that we're obviously lacklustre. Tav was poor but never stopped trying. He also did not follow instructions and should lose his place.

2 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Gio getting involved at half-time would of been a bad move. An inexperienced manager probably would off got involved, made zero difference and then get pelters from the media for getting involved having not even met the team.

Guys like KT questioning it shows his own lack of experience.

Imagine KT giving a mumbling team talk?

Would be inspirational 

2 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

I really cant fathom what Goldson is on, its QPR or Luton that he will end up after here. See how hungry he is for the rest of his career mid to bottom end of the championship. Thats his level. At best. His agent is filling his head with shite.

If thats where he ends up it’ll suit him down to the ground with no expectations of winning anything weighing him down.

4 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Gio getting involved at half-time would of been a bad move. An inexperienced manager probably would off got involved, made zero difference and then get pelters from the media for getting involved having not even met the team.

Guys like KT questioning it shows his own lack of experience.

Honestly can’t fault Kevin for saying it though; he was no doubt just as pissed off as all of us were and wasn’t in the frame of mind to filter it. 

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Reading between the lines, he also basically admitted the dressing room is fucked “players have lost their hunger” 

What a state Gerrard has left us in. This is his doing. People who continue to support him shouldn’t forget it. 

For me he's just admitted what we all were thinking. That winning 55 was enough for this sqaud and they no longer have the hunger to go again. 

This squad needs some serious work done on it moving forward.

16 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

For the avoidance of any doubt Goldson said at 1/2 time it was obviously over.

Took me back to tav in the Hamilton and Hearts games pre covid. 

also telling tav was nowhere to be seen 

Yet Goldson himself had 2/3 headers and blasted a shot over the bar but as usual wi him,everybody else is to blame,ffs

24 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Goldson saying it was over at half time wow

At this stage I’m past even wanting to give him a new contract. He can fuck off down the M6

Us supporters got a glimmer of hope when we scored but what chance do we stand when our own players dont believe we can come back? Cant wait for Sparta now.....

Predictable side to side and backwards play alongside kamikaze passing and defending cost us those goals today imo.

Put us on the backfoot right away despite all that possession they sit in and we are rubbish middle to front for the most part.

It really is time to bin that system and demand a better way of thinking that involves the players being more mobile in their passing and movement on and off the ball when we are in possession.

It's so stale in its predictably it's no wonder we ship so many early goals.

Scunnered at that display today big changes in attitude needed for Thursday night.

31 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Theres no ifs about it. He is far below the standards he set. 

He isnt alone though. All of the older players we renewed have equally let us down with poor performances or inability to stay fit. We need to start being less loyal to these players and think about whats best for the team. Paying older and likely high earners another years salary in the hope they can reach the previous years levels is a risk we cant afford. 

Mccrorie for mcgregor

Kelly for davis 

Literally anyone who can stay fit for defoe

Just madness. 

Nothing to disagree about there. :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

I really cant fathom what Goldson is on, its QPR or Luton that he will end up after here. See how hungry he is for the rest of his career mid to bottom end of the championship. Thats his level. At best. His agent is filling his head with shite.

He couldnt give two fucks , its money that players play for these days and he knows he will get far more playing for shite teams down there.

24 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Yep, Aribo, and the cunt subbed him as well we needed goals so he brings on DM’s. Sack that cunt McCallum as well. Halftime was still too late for subs. 

If that’s the standard of coach in the background then we have serious problems - the decisions there today were laughable 

1 minute ago, jamess said:

Most annoying thing for me is that its not a surprise.  That performance has been on show in many games, and not addressed. Rather than sort it, gerrard ran.

Spot on , it does your nut in but we have seen this exact same performance many many times over the last 3 years , it shouldnt be a surprise to any of us.......