Goldson

GOAT

2 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Goldson plays so many slack passes to his fellow defenders, they make a pigs ear of it and he blames everyone else for his fuck up. That is why I don't like him, never owns up to fuck all.

I'd class making a pigs ear of something as worse than being slack with something.

Should he accept blame for others doing worse things than him?

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

Twice, but that doesn’t automatically mean you control a game of football because the opponents only get 2 chances. 

Many more chances, more goals and more possession. I can only remember one nervy moment. When Tavernier and McGregor got mixed up. We controlled the game.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd class making a pigs ear of something as worse than being slack with something.

Should he accept blame for others doing worse things than him?

He leaves folk short all the time, so yes

3 hours ago, don logan said:

Many more chances, more goals and more possession. I can only remember one nervy moment. When Tavernier and McGregor got mixed up. We controlled the game.

Say it as many times as you want, we didnt, and the possession stats back that up. We were absolutely rank.

Goldson isn’t a world beater, but he’s by far and away our best CB and probably the best in the league. 

Some guys get rose tinted specs and their howlers are overlooked (like Bassey and Balogun), and some guys get the blame for absolutely everything (like Tav and Goldson). 

I think folk won’t see what we have with them, until they’re no longer here. 

28 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Say it as many times as you want, we didnt, and the possession stats back that up. We were absolutely rank.

It wasn't a vintage performance but we controlled the game. We had more possession, more shots, more shots on target and more goals. We denied them any clear goal scoring opportunities. That isn't controlling the game? What the fuck is then?

Decent in Europe, disaster domestically this season.

Almost as if he doesn't want to be here and is showcasing himself.

He may well get paid more when he leaves for a lesser club. Big wage, no throphies or Europe. 

Will be sad to see him go because he was a major part of 55.

Easily replaced. We move on.

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So he's slack, leaves others short, they make a pigs ear of it but it's only Goldson at fault and he's to apologise.

Seems selective in your criticism there tbh.

Where do I say it is only his fault? Nowhere. 

The facts is he leaves others in the lurch and never acknowledges his mistakes. 

He thinks he is better than he is.

Our defenders are actually not that good at defending, except generally Helander and Balogun. Bassey fucks up but , know what he never, ever hides, puts a shift in as does Tav, difference being is Tav is at the peak of his career, Bassey is young and still learning.

Defenders at Rangers because if last season have been given an easy ride. 

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

Where do I say it is only his fault? Nowhere. 

The facts is he leaves others in the lurch and never acknowledges his mistakes. 

He thinks he is better than he is.

Our defenders are actually not that good at defending, except generally Helander and Balogun. Bassey fucks up but , know what he never, ever hides, puts a shift in as does Tav, difference being is Tav is at the peak of his career, Bassey is young and still learning.

Defenders at Rangers because if last season have been given an easy ride. 

"they make a pigs ear of it and he blames everyone else for his fuck up" Sounds like its his fault for other folks 'pigs ears' tbh.

It's not fact. It's opinion.

As for him thinking he's better than he is. So do you as a poster, I can't prove it but fuck it I'll just throw it out there anyways.

Haven't got a clue what the rest of your post from "our defenders" is meant to be about. Illogical.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen a story headline elsewhere about "GVB already has Goldson replacement lined up". Didn't read further as these clickbait things are all pish.

BUT..........

As we all believe, Goldson has been offered new terms and has not agreed them. He is therefore a free agent in around 10 weeks.

WE ARE......

● In Scottish Cup semi final

● Challenging for the league title

● 90 mins of half decent defending away from the last 8 of the Europa league

● Almost certainly guaranteed Champions League football at Ibrox next season.

Connor Goldson is 29 and in his prime as an athlete. He is as good as he will ever be both physically and in terms of ability.

Before us, he left both Shrewsbury (106 league games in 5 years) and Brighton (32 league games in 3 years). He is our vice captain.

At Rangers he has played 52, 54 and 56 games in the last three seasons. He is on 46 so far this season and is likely to reach mid 50's again.

What does he think he's going to get elsewhere away from Ibrox Stadium that's better than what he has just now?

5 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Just seen a story headline elsewhere about "GVB already has Goldson replacement lined up". Didn't read further as these clickbait things are all pish.

BUT..........

As we all believe, Goldson has been offered new terms and has not agreed them. He is therefore a free agent in around 10 weeks.

WE ARE......

Connor Goldson is 29 and in his prime as an athlete. He is as good as he will ever be both physically and in terms of ability.

Before us, he left both Shrewsbury (106 league games in 5 years) and Brighton (32 league games in 3 years). He is our vice captain.

At Rangers he has played 52, 54 and 56 games in the last three seasons. He is on 46 so far this season and is likely to reach mid 50's again.

What does he think he's going to get elsewhere away from Ibrox Stadium that's better than what he has just now?

Doekhi is the replacement. Goldsons wife wants to move into that house he had built down south. Hes all but gone on May 31st.

4 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

BUT..........

WE ARE......

Depending on where he goes. EPL football, more money, preferable family environment. Any one or all of those could be enough for someone to want to move.

21 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Doekhi is the replacement. Goldsons wife wants to move into that house he had built down south. Hes all but gone on May 31st.

Sadly, I agree.

Hope he takes it all in as he trots out against Dortmund, Red Star, Porto, Feyenoord, Leverkusen etc because next year he’ll probably be trying to keep West Brom (or some other bang average side) from relegation.

No more trophies, no more 50,000 crowds.

I fully understand the financial side of this but he’s not exactly been driving his ten year old Fiesta down to the food bank, has he?

Former clubs Shrewsbury and Brighton :lol:

Never had it so good, nor will he ever again.

Served us well but he’s clearly driven by greed over ambition.

Doekhi, Souttar and Helander the main men next season. If Balogun’s contract is up, I’d offer him another year, especially if Katic doesn’t return.

Would also like to see Mayo or King push on.

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Genuinely won’t care when he’s gone. 

Like the rest of the squad he had a brilliant year last year but this season his annoying as fuck mistakes have came back into his game 

Definitely better more concentrated defenders out there, yeah he's been decent especially in Europe, I always think he's half arsed at times when he should be switched on in the bread and butter games.

2 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

BUT..........

WE ARE......

A bit of work left for bullet point 4 mate.  He won’t get better.

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Sadly, I agree.

Hope he takes it all in as he trots out against Dortmund, Red Star, Porto, Feyenoord, Leverkusen etc because next year he’ll probably be trying to keep West Brom (or some other bang average side) from relegation.

No more trophies, no more 50,000 crowds.

I fully understand the financial side of this but he’s not exactly been driving his ten year old Fiesta down to the food bank, has he?

Former clubs Shrewsbury and Brighton :lol:

Never had it so good, nor will he ever again.

Served us well but he’s clearly driven by greed over ambition.

Doekhi, Souttar and Helander the main men next season. If Balogun’s contract is up, I’d offer him another year, especially if Katic doesn’t return.

Would also like to see Mayo or King push on.

You say trophies like he's won loads here, if we dont get our finger out in April he'll leave with one winners medal, for us fans the europa last 8 etc is phenomenal, because we love the club, he doesn't, he'd prefer playing against united, city, liverpool, arsenal, Chelsea, spurs, newcastle, west ham and even villa, thats 18 games a season that are miles above every game in scotland bar the OF, 

Look at our recent game away to st johnstone, the state of the home crowd, the pitch, the opponents, now check the likes of city away to palace last night, for someone who doesng have a proper connection with the club its a no brainer to choose that down south

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You say trophies like he's won loads here, if we dont get our finger out in April he'll leave with one winners medal, for us fans the europa last 8 etc is phenomenal, because we love the club, he doesn't, he'd prefer playing against united, city, liverpool, arsenal, Chelsea, spurs, newcastle, west ham and even villa, thats 18 games a season that are miles above every game in scotland bar the OF, 

Look at our recent game away to st johnstone, the state of the home crowd, the pitch, the opponents, now check the likes of city away to palace last night, for someone who doesng have a proper connection with the club its a no brainer to choose that down south

Is it not the likes of forest and West brom he's being linked with? He'll be playing at Hull, Preston and Blackpool next season.

I still think he's playing it safe.

If we win the league and offer him guaranteed CL football then I can see him wanting to stay. However another season of the Europa League and going away to places like Dingwall, Perth, Dundee and playing on plastic pitches is probably not all that appealing anymore. Ambition doesn't come in to it when he's already won the league and seen us through to the last 16 of the EL on three consecutive occasions. 

He's approached the age where he will likely be negotiating the last big contract of his career. No one should blame him for wanting to maximise his earnings - and potentially have a crack at playing in the biggest and most watched league in the world.  Even playing for relegation fodder he will be pulling in more than we can offer with the bonus of playing against some of the best teams and players in the world.