*****Official Champions v Lyon match thread*****

HuistraHairDo

Just now, The Beast said:

Bassey is starting to grow into that CB role.

Said all along he has the tools. Just needs to learn and improve in the position. Nearly got caught out earlier but he is really doing well. Versatile defenders are hard to find and valuable.

Both teams playing at a half pace which is what I expected.

I thought Wright was quite poor. I hope the goal gives him confidence because I think he can be a big player.

Definite pass marks for Bassey.

Hagi is anonymous as he quite often is and Roofe does nothing and then pounces when given one chance.

Kamara is worth millions.

Bassey is really interesting as a center back, I think it's better to have a left footed center back like him, good options with him and Helander. Maybe we should be looking at a left back on the market now Bassey is playing there.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

Gio playing for a result tonight, for prize money and coefficient points. Play defensively and hit on counterattack. Smart management.

You can see how us keeping possession in our own half, keeping it slow and steady and then breaking forward or pinging a long diagonal is frustrating Lyon.