Potential Opponents from Champions League

G.E.C.

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

Strongest group of CL drop outs ever imo

Bring it on. Good practice for next year. Worst outcome is we get a hard draw and test where we really are. If we lose then there’s no shame against some of those sides. 

11 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

EL could be their best bet to make CL.

They will play their best 11.

They have a game in hand on most teams above them and 6 points from 4th place. Obviously a lot more games between now and February.

If they are miles from 4th place then I could agree they will see EL as the best shot but a lot of successful teams from the big leagues in the past have targetted league places over the EL before this.

Anyway we still need to draw them first on Monday (i think its then)

5 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Bring it on. Good practice for next year. Worst outcome is we get a hard draw and test where we really are. If we lose then there’s no shame against some of those sides. 

Agreed, all about Gio finding where we are with a couple of months more working with the group

• MisterC changed the title to Potential Opponents from Champions League
1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

It’s a rough one really. Head ruling heart you want the easiest possibly draw, but if your heart rules your head you want Barca or Dortmund. The fans deserve a glamour tie like that after everything we’ve been through.

The thought of Haaland at Ibrox is both exciting and terrifying :lol: 

13 hours ago, Broxi said:

Sheriff and Zenit are the only teams that are of the standard you'd expect/hope to get in the equivalent of the last 32 round, Villareal too. All the others are a bit of a riddy. Half of them not out of place in a Champions League semi-final. 

I hope I’m reading that wrong because not one of the teams dropping out are close to semi final quality 

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Humped by Malmo.

Beat by Sparta away

Drew with Brondby away

Struggled with minnows from Armenia.

Barcelona easy win over two legs, bring it on.

😅

Don't know if people make these comments because they actually believe them or to try and appear staunch.

6 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Barcelona would be my pick . There for the taking . 

Very rarely miss a Barca game for years , they are nowhere near the team they once were. Their defence is all over the pace including a brutal goalkeeper. Midfield create zero including the over rated De Jong.  Dembele is a clueless runner who has no end ball and is easily dispossessed.

On our game we could easily put them out IMO......