Welcome to Rangers, John Souttar!

20 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Decent player as is Devine (right back) but anyone thinking they’re first team options is living on cloud cuckoo land.

The one criticism I have of Devine at this stage of his development is that he clearly models his game on someone like Andy Robertson which is totally fine but I wish he would sometimes take a touch and look up. He plays nearly everything one touch as soon as the ball comes to him. Having said that I really like him and think he is a decent player.

56 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The one criticism I have of Devine at this stage of his development is that he clearly models his game on someone like Andy Robertson which is totally fine but I wish he would sometimes take a touch and look up. He plays nearly everything one touch as soon as the ball comes to him. Having said that I really like him and think he is a decent player.

Both of them are modern full backs but a long long way from first team level.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Neilson just said there he's no problem playing him and called it 'part and parcel of football'. Confirmed he knew of talks before announcement he'd signed too.

Whilst I don't doubt that is the case at all, Neilson will be doing his best to protect Souttar from their fans. 

He is going to get dogs abuse until he moves across to us.

12 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Whilst I don't doubt that is the case at all, Neilson will be doing his best to protect Souttar from their fans. 

He is going to get dogs abuse until he moves across to us.

Says there had been talks for weeks and he'd already knocked Hearts bid back. He said its a good move for him.

4 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

Certainly without knowing the full facts, ibwould think twice about my comments in the future. Knowing what a bitter cunt Levein has been, especially since his Dundee Utd days, I obviously read a bit more into his comments than I should have even though I still think there was no need for him to say he wouldn't have signed for us any other way. 

Good job that’s not what he said then 

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Crackpot logic on show in this thread :lol:

Give them the £500k and get him in immediately. Balogun has had injury issues this year, Helander is still not even back training yet

If 500k is enough to get him here early it's an absolute no brainer, considering we supposedly spent around 500k on Edmundson then spending that on Souttar is an absolute bargain.

Always think if you can get a player on a pre-contract you should try and find a way to facilitate an early release.

Even if we are well placed in terms of first picks, it does no harm getting them in early to get used to the club and expectations.

Worst case, it helps them settle.

Best case, we improve the first team.

Might also accelerate the sale of a player and allow Rangers to cash in on previously unthinkable sale, comfortable with the back up rather than hoping any replacement hits the ground running.

4 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Think we are just playing hardball and will put in a lower offer at deadline day.

We did exactly the same with Kamara, agreed the pre-contract 5th January and he signed for £50k on 31st January.

Kamara couldn't buy a game for Dundee when he signed for us.

Hearts playing Auchinleck Talbot on Saturday in Scottish Cup. If Souttar, plays then we can’t use him.

Assuming they’re still playing hardball, be interesting to see if they play him, thereby reducing the value/price they demand from us, or do they leave him out (because of the opposition) and hope we’ll cave and pay the 500k?

Gio is playing it right with his “we’ll see him next season” approach imo.

Helander back in training and Sands as emergency CB if needed so we’re far from desperate.

£100k plus they can have the pick of our duds - get it done, Rangers

5 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Hearts playing Auchinleck Talbot on Saturday in Scottish Cup. If Souttar, plays then we can’t use him.

Assuming they’re still playing hardball, be interesting to see if they play him, thereby reducing the value/price they demand from us, or do they leave him out (because of the opposition) and hope we’ll cave and pay the 500k?

Gio is playing it right with his “we’ll see him next season” approach imo.

Helander back in training and Sands as emergency CB if needed so we’re far from desperate.

£100k plus they can have the pick of our duds - get it done, Rangers

Would you take 100k and the pick of someone's duds for one of our best players?

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

Also a complete guess. They could quite easily be fourth by next week.

Genuine question because I don’t know the answer. What are the financial implications to Hearts between finishing 3rd versus finishing 4th. I assume Europe is a factor ?

Edit: I googled it myself. There is 200k difference between the prize money and both 3rd and 4th go into the Europa conference competition. 

Given that, it is hard to see how they can argue that he is worth 500k to them over The last 4 months of the season. 

But they own his contract so it’s up to them 

10 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Genuine question because I don’t know the answer. What are the financial implications to Hearts between finishing 3rd versus finishing 4th. I assume Europe is a factor ?

Edit: I googled it myself. There is 200k difference between the prize money and both 3rd and 4th go into the Europa conference competition. 

Given that, it is hard to see how they can argue that he is worth 500k to them over The last 4 months of the season. 

But they own his contract so it’s up to them 

If Rangers or Celtic win the Scottish Cup, third place will go from the Conference League to Europa League playoff and are effectively guaranteed group stage football next season. 

20 hours ago, The Dude said:

Neilson just said there he's no problem playing him and called it 'part and parcel of football'. Confirmed he knew of talks before announcement he'd signed too.

Neilson has to say this. Hearts are pushing for the maximum fee from us including sell on clauses, so they're hardly going to say he won't feature for the rest of the season.