*****The Official Crvena zvezda v Rangers Match Thread*****

Shite game but Into the next round and that’s all that matters. For me our tactics were questionable not sure if we were sitting in or going for a win. McGregor was world class and probably over the two legs got us through, remember that when people are calling for him to retire. 

thats on 2nd loss in 27 games and it was a last min pen when the game was over. Gio has taken SG European results and bettered it. 

For me Rangers are back to the best we have been. It’s been a long 10 or so years but we are winning leagues and challenging for Europe 🇬🇧

Hoping for a favourable draw but that’s a big ask and to be honest don’t care who we get 🇬🇧

Horrible game that we expected it to be but done the job.

Lundstram, Kamara and McGregor stand outs really well done. Kent done brilliantly with his chance and was no coming back after that.

Thought Roofe was excellent when he came on, fresh legs up top helped to keep some of the pressure off. Unlucky not to have scored, another good option up top particularly in Europe. Lots of smart wee flicks and he can win the ball up the park.

Big boost to the coefficient again from us and looking forward to the draw tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

Great result

bit of luck over the 2 legs they could have score 7 or 8 over the 2 games

balogun Goldson McGregor lundstrom great

morelos awful , roofe did more running in 10 mins than he did all night

looks out for a while☹️
aribo as usual can’t last more than 60 mins wtf is that about?

Morelos was really poor I think he had a hamstring but to be fair to him his best games have been in Europe.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

On Goldson, he probably shouldn’t have turned to celebrate like that in front of their ultras, it’s a bit classless, but plenty of these cunts have come to Ibrox and done it to us so fuck them. 

Nah fuck that mate. Nothing wrong with that.

Just now, sassaaaa said:

That he was shocking and should have been off at HT. 

Just now, sassaaaa said:

That he was shocking and should have been off at HT. 

Yes, think he had an injury as he was holding his hamstring.

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Don't give one flying fuck that we lost that match, sets me right up for a weekend I've been looking forward to for nearly a fortnight, proud as fuck of my team, brilliant. 

I’m still laughing at that defender chasing back gripping his hamstring haha

Over the two legs we were by far the better team.

Quarter finals of Europa league is an outstanding performance that should be lauded across the length and breadth of Scotland but sadly wont.

Canny wait to see who we get next round, what an adventure for fans and players.

Stats showing McGregor made 11 saves, 4 of those quite amazing, so it shows we were far from our best. Once again a fantastic performance from him when it matters most. After we went 1-0 down at such a difficult place, we did not go into panic mode and we managed to hold them. And even though we should have done much better, it was still enough to see this through. Delighted for Kent, its been so long since he scored. Aribo and Kamara were awful, Lundstram and Sands did good. Would have bitten your hand off for a 2-1 loss before the game tbh. I dont care who comes next, just bring it on. 

3 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

Could have easily been 7-3 but who gives a shit, we're through. Bring on Barca!

Could have been any score for any side. What a tie!

Just now, Sparkle said:

I’m still laughing at that defender chasing back gripping his hamstring haha

Probably fucked himself by doing that but we’d have been shouting for the same.