*****The Official Crvena zvezda v Rangers Match Thread*****

Shagger

Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey 

Jack Lundstram 

Aribo  Kamara Kent

Morelos 

Only real decisions are Aribo on the LHS and that bit extra dig in the middle of the park with Kamara.

Others might play Ramsey or Arfield and although I'm a huge fan of big Fil just dont see him as fully up to speed yet, has to be Balogun.

Red Star are joint top of their league with their rivals Partizan, who I am sure have similar talent and fiery crowds.

Feyenoord, whom we have dealt with recently, went there last week and walked it 5-2, so much for intimidating atmosphere.

Nothing to fear, Rangers.

21 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Shagger

Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey 

Jack Lundstram 

Aribo  Kamara Kent

Morelos 

Only real decisions are Aribo on the LHS and that bit extra dig in the middle of the park with Kamara.

Others might play Ramsey or Arfield and although I'm a huge fan of big Fil just dont see him as fully up to speed yet, has to be Balogun.

Helander isn't in the European squad

55 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Red Star are joint top of their league with their rivals Partizan, who I am sure have similar talent and fiery crowds.

Feyenoord, whom we have dealt with recently, went there last week and walked it 5-2, so much for intimidating atmosphere.

Nothing to fear, Rangers.

Agree, I think 11/5 with bookies for us is massive 

9 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Was always going to be mate the shite with Russia doesn’t help and some of our fans bamming them up with Ukrainian flags at Ibrox. 

That's harsh, I am sure if all last week's flag wavers weren't busy settling their new refugee arrivals to their homes they'd be out there leading the defence....

20 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

A little off topic but had devastating news yesterday about a best mates father who has been a bear all his life and has a struggle on his hands. A struggle all too familiar to us fans that supported Fernando.

Do it for him tonight please Rangers 

Sorry to hear that bud.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Did Glasgow donate some of the slabs from the 1980s to this mob for terracing??

Few broken patio sets from the 70s for seats as well.

Seats bolted onto existing terrace ala Hampden style, although TBF Hampden looks a lot better if that photo is anything to go by. The Red Star Stadium used to hold well over 100,000 in its heyday before all seaters became required, however, as much discussed elsewhere the place is still volatile and we can expect something similar from Red Star as we experienced at The Piggery a few weeks ago, a blistering, all out attack from the start. Will be interesting to see if we have learned anything about handling this, if we have any aspirations of the quarters, then we simply have to cope with the fast start and start playing our game ASAP.

No doubt I will need a few refreshments to calm the nerves and get the gameface on, only 7.30 in the morning and I am already a bag of spanners about this tonight.

22 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Seats bolted onto existing terrace ala Hampden style, although TBF Hampden looks a lot better if that photo is anything to go by. The Red Star Stadium used to hold well over 100,000 in its heyday before all seaters became required, however, as much discussed elsewhere the place is still volatile and we can expect something similar from Red Star as we experienced at The Piggery a few weeks ago, a blistering, all out attack from the start. Will be interesting to see if we have learned anything about handling this, if we have any aspirations of the quarters, then we simply have to cope with the fast start and start playing our game ASAP.

No doubt I will need a few refreshments to calm the nerves and get the gameface on, only 7.30 in the morning and I am already a bag of spanners about this tonight.

Will be good for the players to get an experience like this before we go back to The Stade De Gaad in what will potentially be a must-win game

11 hours ago, govanblue said:

And now a word from our sponsors...

F5C51229-B67B-411D-B501-1D17CA6480A7.png

Unfortunately, the Residents of Erskine Park Veterans' Care Home are currently locked down due to that darned Covid, so they won't be making their way over to Beograd for the game. :unsure:

Instead they'll just be enjoying the game on the telly like the rest of us. :rangers:

Blanket_Coverage.thumb.jpg.190a9083fbad57d9dffb6bc4139a9b51.jpg

So hopefully the game will bring some much needed cheer to our Veteran Bears, but just in case, we've also sent them a cheque for £250 

This will provide another of our much-loved Fish & Chips Nights - to be enjoyed by all the Residents on Thursday evening - along with hopefully a good night's entertainment on the telly, and plenty of beer, wine and spirits, to keep the large population of Erskine Bears (and even the handful of non-Bears!) smiling long into the night. :rangers:

This is what some of our previous Fish & Chips Nights look like...

38A6B3D6-548F-43B0-A9A8-C7390D44A9A7.jpe

In-night-3.thumb.jpg.210b45423d0dfcc1820

In-night-2.thumb.jpg.9d51ba6f096ca278028

2.thumb.jpg.69de9537544d65a7fdc1c928ef7a

Park_Fish_1.thumb.jpg.69868890464cf3c68e

Park_Fish_6.thumb.jpg.27db6f271086055b69

Park_Fish_3.thumb.jpg.d4f35e5671c65a0779

And this is what some of our beer, wine and spirits looks like:

Erskine_Whisky_Blue_Room.thumb.jpg.f651b8793e3c9ce25bbe39b5c376f6a4.jpg

D-Day_16.thumb.jpg.edad8f32709f55f2e64af

All of this and much much more is possible thanks to the donations of ordinary RangersMedia forum members, just like you.

If you aren't already a member of the RangersMedia Erskine Fund and would like to make a donation to help us continue our efforts to ensure these Veteran Bears can continue supporting Rangers then please send a message to @Zetland or @govanblue

Membership costs £10 per season, and we can assure you every penny gets well spent!

John_at_Ibrox_zps7hnewk8y.thumb.jpg.d679

erskine_park_ibrox2_zpse5cf2459.thumb.jp

1602284551_footiesept2118.thumb.jpg.839b

Thank you for your time, and now back to the Main event.

Your some man GB, well done sir👍🏻

4 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

A little off topic but had devastating news yesterday about a best mates father who has been a bear all his life and has a struggle on his hands. A struggle all too familiar to us fans that supported Fernando.

Do it for him tonight please Rangers 

Sorry to hear that mate.