***** The Official RB Leipzig v Rangers (Opposition) Europa League Semi Final Match Thread *****

Gutted to lose that goal so late, not sure I would blame Kent as he was covering that blonde sub they brought on initially and tried to get across. But someone should have been marking the player or space right in front of him.  Arfield ducking out of shot is fucking criminal as well. That’s the problem with us tho as we inevitably give up a chance somewhere during match when we try to play a defensive game. We did Defend  well for most part but they should have scored before that as well with the one the striker rounded McGregor.
Couple of things manager got wrong for me. Wright should have been off after 30 min, his every touch, and pass was wasted. He was a man down and that was clear after 10 mins never mind 30. 
And then the later subs. Like a few have said, taking off Aribo, our best forward player and then Jack our best midfielder on the night was stupid to me. Kent who I thought was poor despite one or two runs should have come off and Kamara who is continuing his poor run of form. Shadow of the player he can be. And Sakala should have played wide not thru middle. He’s more effective getting ball in those positions and driving at full backs. 
We need to go all guns blazing at them next week. We have to rock them on to their heels and take game to them. Can’t sit back. We are a better side attacking than defending. We can turn this around. 

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Leipzig just pumped them 4-1 at Dortmund’s ground. Leipzig had a shocker of a start and got better since sacking their manager. Only Leverkusen are better out all the teams we’ve played since Gerrard came in

I  hope we win next week and Davis scores the winning goal in the final. 

No surrender. :UK:

2 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Substitutions were awful. Agreed sakala for wright but not through the middle and moving aribo.

Davis for jack would have been better than arfield.

Aribo was burst mate. He spent the whole of the first half being the only midfielder to support the attackers then spent the rest of the 2nd as a lone striker. While he was on though I thought he looked more like pre-Christmas Aribo than he has in a long while... Well since pre-Christmas. 

10 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Wouldn’t normally agree with a hypothetical but in this instance we would have won if we had him giving us an out ball. Even when Aribo started doing it we looked the better team. Aribo up top next week if no other options. We need that ball to stick up top when we break up the park 

Madness we moved Aribo to bring on Sakala, Gio got it bang on apart fae that 

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Yup. He never gets injured then gets injured in the  run-in after when he goes off to a match he won’t play in.

Unbelievable.

I think he got injured in the game he last played for us. He did go off to join the Colombia squad but I don't think he done much, was assessed by their doctors and came back in crutches. 

Had the chance to calm down a bit because I was pissed off with the manner we lost. 

They are a top tier team and dominated the ball until Aribo went though the middle and we used his physical presence to build off of. 

That being said we only lost one nil to that top tier team and it was a wonder strike that beat us. There is nothing to fear from them at all. 

Ibrox roaring us on can see us win the tie. 

1 minute ago, ayrshireranger said:

We could beat them with what we had tonight, at Ibrox. With Roofe and Ramsey, we definately can.

Ramsey could be the difference but Roofe is a must

Its not groundbreaking or unsurprising to say it but we need a striker

It's possible next week, thought they looked decent back to middle but thought they lacked a bit of killer instinct in the final third. Class goal tbf, boy could try that a lot more and no hit it as sweet, kick to the balls the timing of the goal. Not sure if the atmosphere will have as much as a say as it did against Braga, they'll be used to hostile away grounds from their league as everycunt hates them. Think we can do it, going to take a massive effort and a great performance but we've showed we're capable of that in Europe. Roofe and Ramsey back would be a masssive bonus for us and give us a bit more quality in the final third.

Overall this is doable Rangers, onto next week.