Absolutely fucking heartbroken

49 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Last night I was absolutely fucking gutted, I'm already getting over it this morning, when I was young a result like last night ended me for weeks, as I've got older I just seem to bounce back the next day not giving a fuck, I'm already looking at Saturday. 

Im the opposite, when i was younger id bounce back within a day, ive just dragged myself out of bed and literally cannot face the world

8 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Not pointing any fingers but can you give some context as to why our end was quiet?

Didn’t feel quiet in the first half, after they equalised I did feel our support went a bit nervous / flat at times.  Here’s a video of before kick off... the fans seemed alright from where I was.

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Really felt for Fashion last night. Thought that was fucking rotten the way he was treated. Even worse when Ramsey fucked that penalty. 

He looked absolutely devastated and embarrassed when he was subbed off.  Really felt for him.

I'm not sure I will ever get over that turd of a penalty kick.

In Manchester we were outclassed and running on empty, but last night may be the best chance to land major European silverware in my lifetime. I believe we can do it again though, we have it in us.

31 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Im the opposite, when i was younger id bounce back within a day, ive just dragged myself out of bed and literally cannot face the world

Aye I’m absolutely worse now.  Especially chances like last night.  

I’m numb. If we make another European final it probably won’t be for at least another decade and we were so damn close.

It was a terrific campaign but it’ll take some time for the disappointment to disappear.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I understand how it can drag people down tbh but I'm just a positive cunt by nature, far worse things will happen in my life than Rangers losing a massive game, I know everyone is different but I refuse to let football drag me into a depressing abyss. 

I'm just deflated.

I think it being within touching distance makes it so much harder. We had the lead and we gave it away very cheaply. We then miss an absolute sitter to win it in Extra Time. 

It just felt like it was our time, I really thought we were destined to win it.

I won't blame any of the players though, I think a few were below par but every single one of them showed the committment and bravery required and penalties is an absolute lottery. I fancied us going into the pens as Shagger is a quality penalty stopper but didn't have much chance, they took 5 top class pens.

Ramsey pen wasn't great but if keeper goes other way it looks cool and composed. Felt for him as well, it may not have worked out as we hoped with Ramsey but I think he gets it at Rangers and could tell he was destroyed by that.

It was winnable, that's what always keeps popping up in my head when I just start thinking I've turned a corner of being numb and it all comes right back.

We have to go and win the Scottish Cup now. 100%.

I'm also a lot more optimistic about our chances in Europe next season. Two qualifying rounds seeded. Had a quick look last night and although it wouldn't be easy, it could be something like Sturm Graz followed by Dynamo Kiev. Two ties we could win.

I am a pessimistic, miserable bastard but last night I truly believed we were winning that trophy. It was just written in the stars. 

The build up to the final gave me goosebumps. The videos created by media outlets, the BT spine tingling 10 minute video, the song by ST PHNX the videos of fans signing and dancing in Seville, I loved all of it.

We fairly and skilfully beat better teams than Frankfurt and they were pretty shite last night. I genuinely can’t believe we have not taken that chance. I am totally gutted that Goldson doesn’t just stick out his foot and clear that cross. A goal out of nothing.
I missed the ball going out of play for Kent’s chance but Kent has to be burying that, once it went to penalties I knew we were fucked. 

The consequences of not winning last night are too fucking painful. I admire those that are already moving on from it. I can’t. Not sure I will ever get over that. We will Never have a better chance of winning a Major European trophy. Football is just going to get harder and harder for the teams from low budget countries and this season we haven’t even managed to win domestically. 

The players are going to have to somehow lift themselves for the Scottish Cup final because the thought of finishing this season trophy-less is unbearable 

2 hours ago, johanvanhentze said:

Some amount of shite posts here.. "gerrard would have won that"... etc.. Our team are winners just getting there.. they left everything on that pitch. We lost on penalties.. We are the fucking people! Now we plot our way back in to a European final. 

We don’t get anywhere near that final with Gerrard in charge 

Number of games I will never watch again, including highlights: 2

It’s really weighing heaving on my mind now that we will, in all likelihood, never be in such a good position again. Given that we are never ever going to win the CL, we are a “Europa league” level club and to have fallen literally one kick of the ball short of winning the biggest prize we realistically can will hurt forever.

Only winning 1/5 European finals is also a very poor return. I wanted more than anything to be looking forward to a new flag being put up above the superstore to keep the ECWC company. 

People sitting at home and blaming the fans for the lack of atmosphere need to wind their neck in. No, the atmosphere wasn’t great but in comparison to an absolutely monster effort from Frankfurt with their TIFO that they really shouldn’t have been allowed into the stadium with, we didn’t have a chance. Half of our support had had their possessions binned. “Only rich fans” were in attendance? ffs :lol: I must remember to get my butler to fetch my diamonds from the vault to make me feel better.

Going to be using today to catch up with sleep, let my body recover and hopefully on Saturday afternoon we can end the season on a high and put fucking everything into qualifying for the CL next year. Make no mistake though Europe sat up and took notice of us this year.

17 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I feel utterly empty. Going to stick my earphones in and go for a 10k walk with the dog to try to clear my head before the kids come home because as things stand, I can't be fucked dealing with anyone.

I’m just glad I’ve took today and tomorrow off.

I am devastated, heartbroken and lost. What a chance we blew last night. We weren’t at the races at all. Took the rest of the week off to celebrate and now feel like I want to sleep till August. Still proud of the club that I love more than anything but to say I’m utterly sickened this morning would be an understatement.

:sad:

Don't really have any words tbh it's a missed opportunity there's no getting away from that a few players didn't turn up one player was found out and was hiding for the majority of the game and another wasn't anywhere near that level.

Gio's tactics up to the final have been spot on but some of it was baffling last night, setting up for penalties is a very very dangerous tactic.

52 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Hard not to feel bitter today. Stuck in Seville as I fly home Saturday and Frankfurt fans just wandering about as if nothing happened last night. Had we won last night's party might still be going.

It's ridiculously hot here and I'm probably being unfair but all the same. Feels very unjust today.

I feel for man. Must be horrible there right now.

I remember the drive back up from Manchester. A drive I’ll never forget. The worst of my life. The 3 of (me wife and son) us hardly said a word to each other.

can’t fathom being stuck in another country.

regarding the Germans, doesn’t surprise me.

I remember 2006 we were on holiday in lanzarote, and it was a mostly German hotel. Great holiday Tbf.

well, went to the bar/ lunge to watch Germany v Argentina qf of World Cup. Place was rammed. Anyway, Germany won, they all go mad for about 2 mins, finish their drinks, and go back sunbathing or whatever. Literally within 5 mins bar was empty.

following day same bar England v Portugal. Rammed again this time mostly with brits and a few foreigners here and there. England beat in penalties. Nobody leaves. Everybody sinks more drink.

I took it for that day that that’s why they are so successful in life and sports. They actually expect to win, and it’s no massive deal. 
we don’t, that’s why we cherish big days more.

Just my take on things I suppose.  
I’ll bet though if they had got beat, they’d be gutted, but no at the levels we are going through.