Stadium facilities.

On 19/05/2022 at 04:51, BouncyBluenose87 said:

We were getting searched extensively while the krauts sneak in about 100 flares and a massive tifo flag. The Spanish cops must hate us more than them.

Franco back in the 40s love Hitler and spain gave sanctuary to many nazis they have always loved the Germans- doesn't surprise me

19 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Has this happened ???

It's in this post

12 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

thanks for the info, do you know if battery medicines, sun cream and battery charging banks were taking off fans?

They’re trying to blame the water on a burst pipe 😡the above translated:

Dehydrated fans: Sevilla fail to host the final

"The water situation was terrible"

Eintracht Frankfurt

05/19 - 14:32

Many fans not only experienced nervous torture in the Europa League final, which was exciting until the last second of the penalty shoot-out, they also suffered from a lack of water and sometimes dehydrated in the sweltering hot stadium. Seville has disqualified itself as a venue for future major sporting events.

Many supporters left the stadium in silence and exhausted, desperate for water. What FC Sevilla and its catering allowed themselves to do in the Europa League final between Eintracht Frankfurt and Glasgow Rangers (5: 4 on pens) on Wednesday is a scandal.

Many fans took their seats in the stadium early and initially sat in the sun due to the lack of a roof on three sides of the stands. Even later, the heat hardly left the stadium, which resembled a huge headlock. The organizers should have been prepared for thirsty followers. Despite all the preliminary talks, they weren't. Some of the small kiosks closed before kick-off. Several fans described their experiences to kicker.

"They had no coins - everything now cost 10 or 20 euros"

"The water situation was terrible," says Elias, who went six hours without water. Some outlets closed an hour before (!) kick-off. "Desperate SGE supporters pushed up the shutters, and the Spanish police came immediately with batons. Wagons with water were pushed through the aisles, but when you asked if you could buy something, they always said 'no'," says Elias 

Matthias was with his ten-year-old son on the back straight in the upper tier and says himself that he was "lucky in disguise". Just before all the drinks were sold out, he bought two more bottles of cola. The first of two stalls was closed just ten minutes after kick-off. At the other, the electronic cash register system did not work. "They then at least switched to paying in cash, but didn't have any coins for change. Everything now cost 10 or 20 euros," reports Matthias.

Shortly thereafter, there was also a shift in the shaft at the second stand: "Here the Spanish police reacted very well and started to pour water into the empty cups and bottles they had brought with them at the sinks. That saved the people next to us, but in the middle of the second half then the source was either all or off."

The Rangers complain to UEFA - which announces an examination

As the kicker learned from club circles, a burst water pipe was the problem. Those who were unlucky dehydrated in the stands. Rangers experienced the same problem, the club has already complained to UEFA.

The association, as the organizer of the game, announced on Thursday that the problems are being examined together with the local organizing committee, the stadium operator, the food and drink concessionaires and the police.

During the game, Eintracht also tried to exert pressure through all channels, but the meager water supplies were always sold out after a few minutes.

The club doesn't see UEFA so much as responsible for this, but above all FC Sevilla and their catering. The ailing stadium also caused problems. A supporter told kicker at the airport that one of the capos (lead singers) fell and was injured because something collapsed underneath him.

To make matters worse, after the game there was almost nowhere to buy anything outside of the stadium, many fans only got something to drink in their hotels or stood under lawn sprinklers. The taxi situation also proved catastrophic. All in all, Seville was not a worthy venue for the final - and UEFA's award was a mistake.

Julian Franzke

52 minutes ago, blueoutthedome said:

What a fuckin nightmare that stadium was how nobody died in there I will never know no water I am heading for seventy and I was struggling and I’m still felling the effects of it at least the teams had a water brake I would like to know where they got the water from it must have been like gold dust uefa and the spanish police have got a lot to answer for as supporters are herded through the streets like cattle small children and women  what a disgrace .

At the end of extra time a lot of the uefa workers were standing at and blocking the top of the stairs as you went down to the concourse with one female drinking from a 1.5 litre of water bottle. I did say to her on the way by ‘Aye you’re showing off with that’ and pointed to her water but she just smiled and probably clueless on what I said but she did see me point to her water. 

11 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Are fans going to be compensated for their chargers etc being needlessly binned? They bloody well should?

Have UEFA commented on that...the crappy excuse of burst pipes is very poor and completely unacceptable. I don't believe that for a moment. Is there any way of fans getting together for taking that further? 

I have no idea on these situations or legal implications, but it's not on and shouldn't be dismissed especially when SLO tweeted they were approved. 

Probably not. Theres no way to really prove whi actually got stuff taken is there? Even if there was UEFA won't give a fuck

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I agree, what i'm finding puzzling is why did Seville say they have disqualify themselves as a venue for future major sporting events. Did they have a official stadium safety certificate to host this event? 

The statement was from Frankfurt. 

4 hours ago, blueoutthedome said:

When they had all there flags laying it round the stadium that is the only way the got flares in behind the goal as it was he same area all the time unless they stuck them up there arse as everybody was searched twice entering the stadium 

Just before kick off I seen about 100 Frankfurt fans getting chased into the area behind the goal by the stewards and scarpering like rats into the crowd, I’m guessing that’s how they got the flares in, no doubt an exit has been opened and like ye seen, these cunts are pretty organised 

26 minutes ago, EverestGers said:

Just before kick off I seen about 100 Frankfurt fans getting chased into the area behind the goal by the stewards and scarpering like rats into the crowd, I’m guessing that’s how they got the flares in, no doubt an exit has been opened and like ye seen, these cunts are pretty organised 

Thing is they're probably not that much more organized than the UBs.

The difference is the German clubs actually appreciate and support their fans and their media probably does the same..The fact they smuggled in some pyro will be seen as some harmless mischief.

Whereas in Scotland the media look for any little pathetic reason to condemn the entire Rangers support, I was going to say football fans but its 90% Rangers that they target.

Football culture is embraced in other countries with some exceptions of course, some fans are seen as a nuisance, the casuals and hooligans are just wankers i wouldn't call real fans, most other countries understand that. But in Scotland its seen as a blight on society and we'd be better off without it without realizing part of the reason things aren't worse is because people have football as an outlet.

5 hours ago, Willis said:

Thing is they're probably not that much more organized than the UBs.

The difference is the German clubs actually appreciate and support their fans and their media probably does the same..The fact they smuggled in some pyro will be seen as some harmless mischief.

Whereas in Scotland the media look for any little pathetic reason to condemn the entire Rangers support, I was going to say football fans but its 90% Rangers that they target.

Football culture is embraced in other countries with some exceptions of course, some fans are seen as a nuisance, the casuals and hooligans are just wankers i wouldn't call real fans, most other countries understand that. But in Scotland its seen as a blight on society and we'd be better off without it without realizing part of the reason things aren't worse is because people have football as an outlet.

The two sets of ultras were given access but ours was rescinded,I’ve never had a good experience in Spain where the police are involved,they are aggressive in the extreme and a union flag seems to bring out the worst in the cunts.They treat all of our support as scum and from Villarreal to osasuna I have seen innocent fans and even females batoned.

24 minutes ago, Dickie said:

The two sets of ultras were given access but ours was rescinded,I’ve never had a good experience in Spain where the police are involved,they are aggressive in the extreme and a union flag seems to bring out the worst in the cunts.They treat all of our support as scum and from Villarreal to osasuna I have seen innocent fans and even females batoned.

So true.

I think you are correct, they don't like the flag.

I would say part of it is the association with English teams and the 80s hooligans.

A fucking disgrace, we pumped millions into their economy, and that's the treatment you get.

In general the way football supporters are treated is a joke.

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

@Sparkle

SLO has seen this thread.

Screenshot_20220521-080347_Twitter.jpg

“Rangers can today confirm an investigation into the events in and around the area of seville and Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan has been completed. All supporters within the vicinity have been banned indefinitely from all future Rangers games. Supporters with MyGers Gold are exempt from this decision.”

37 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Anyone else treated like this abroad and the government would take an interest. Football supporters... The deep down attitude will be that they're scum that probably deserved it.

Football supporters that were there should take a stand against this. If the football clubs can't fight this and just accept what happened, the fans definitely should get together on this. UEFA might not give a toss, but they should be made to. Banning a stadium from holding events isn't enough. 

Did anyone at all manage to take pictures of these personal items being binned? Surely someone did, so it's not just "heresay". 

Really really poor. There's fans still recovering from this experience.