*****The Official Union Saint-Gilloise v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

We shouldnt start with lundstrum Jack and kamara in a mid 3 ever again. 3 similar players doing not a lot going forward. 

Lundstrum was playing effectively in a back 3 for most of the game. We needed him in the middle. Jack and Kamara were woeful. 

2 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Europa League final despite the manager rather than because of him by the looks of it. Shocking display by everyone from the manager down. They were so comfortable and it could’ve been 4 or 5 with no complaints. Will be a struggle to watch that turgid pish all season.

Nah that’s a shocking take. He’s got it very very wrong tonight but let’s be serious we were a disaster in Europe until he took over last year 

Didn't know about the £5m for making it through this round, fucking hell that's a massive sum of money for one tie as well. I'm reluctant to say it's a shambles if we don't make it through this tie but it will be if it's performances like that which are the reason for it. 

When Wright and Yilmaz came on they done what no one else could do, go forward. Kamara was supposed to do it but he insists on turning back and giving the ball away. Usual. Get him so far to fuck. We need better. Goldson did not command the defence at all, which is his job and why he insists on playing every week, Lundstram should have been moved up at half time

Sideways and backwards for 90 minutes. Don't remember watching a match before where every single player chose the wrong option every single time. That was a pathetic shambles tonight, I could forgive an off night quality wise if the effort was there, but I don't think one player gave more than 50% tonight, we were miles off the pace all over the pitch. The bench was just as bad with the manager slouched with his hands in his pockets the entire time. We're nowhere near a champions league team on that showing, add tonight to the performance at Livingston and I'm already worried about this season. 

Just now, DeanMK said:

67 minutes before he made a sub tonight. Mad.

The guy was set up for a 0-0 draw , his tactics and substitutions are absolutely crazy and its not the first time either. I know its early for all of them but these new players just dont look up for it  and the fact we have lost two of our best players its going to be a massive struggle this year.

4 minutes ago, Helmutschone said:

The manager has got this one really wrong. Last year his tactics were immense but to not change from 3 at the back when every cunt and their granny can see it wasn't working is criminal. 

Even my wife watching with me could see it and she knows less than fuck all about football. I thought we’d at least get our usual 45 minutes out of 90 from this but instead it looked like we fielded an 11 made of meth addicts.

5 minutes ago, Misteral said:

We were off it all over the pitch and Gio should lay into them.  Need an early goal at Ibrox to give us some life in the tie.  Still think we can qualify for the play off round but that will be it. 

Who’s going to lay into him for shitebag tactics and refusal to change them until it was too late?