Barisic.

I’m his biggest critic but he was decent tonight 

You know what you’re getting so there’s no point in cunts screaming at him to take men on or get it forward quick. First half Kent was too wide so his only options were a shite 3/4 yard pass to Kent or going backwards 

One of his better performances defensively for a long time

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Our fans were moaning at him for passing it back then when he tried a forward pass which got intercepted they moaned he passed it forward :lol:

Wish we would just get behind our players a bit more - won a lot of headers today (the reason why he played instead of Yilmaz I think) and played a direct role in our goals

Imagine folk wanting an attacking fullback to pass forward and actually get the ball to the man he’s passing too, unbelievable. 

9 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought he was awful in the first half, but his deliveries led to two of the goals. Credit to him in keeping going with a lot of the crowd on his back. 

The lead-up to our penalty was just a speculative punt into the box and his cross for Tillman was the same. A defender's error, then the keeper's error resulted in goals. So I would argue there is a case for him to do the long speculative balls more often.

Part of the problem was Lawrence in the first half. Lawrence played fine first half, excellent second, but I think when building attacks on the left he stayed too central. Him and Goldson got into a screaming match about it right on half time. He drifted wider and deeper at times in the second half, mixed it up, and gave Kent and Borna a bit more to work with.

In the first half Kent had the ball and was facing up three players. Whereas it seemed like all three of them managed to isolate players better in the second half and link up to disrupt their defensive block. 

14 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Think it says a lot about a persons character that after a historic comeback some people seem to be having a go and downplaying two important crosses that led to goals last night...

Not really. Are you meant to say everyone was amazing even if you don’t think they were just because we got a good result? 

Borna is Borna and probably too long in the tooth to change. I don't have a problem when I see his name on the team sheet as I know what to expect. Not a world beater but generally very dependable.

Yilmaz has to prove, on the pitch, that he is worthy of Borna's spot not the other way around.

5 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Imagine folk wanting an attacking fullback to pass forward and actually get the ball to the man he’s passing too, unbelievable. 

What if the tactics were not to overlap though? Still managed to swing in a lot of balls in the first half.

I'd rather he retained possession. It was about not conceding in the first half and building a performance. 

17 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

What if the tactics were not to overlap though? Still managed to swing in a lot of balls in the first half.

I'd rather he retained possession. It was about not conceding in the first half and building a performance. 

May well have been. A bit of a departure from our usual approach though.

First half reeked of the moment when that wee goblin was screaming ‘shitebag’ in his face, while Borna panicked and went back the way again. 

5 hours ago, ronniescu said:

The lead-up to our penalty was just a speculative punt into the box and his cross for Tillman was the same. A defender's error, then the keeper's error resulted in goals. So I would argue there is a case for him to do the long speculative balls more often.

As I said in the match thread - good old Scottish style!

Maybe we’ve been over-thinking it!

3 hours ago, HG5 said:

As I said in the match thread - good old Scottish style!

Maybe we’ve been over-thinking it!

Aye, pretty much old school Tony Pulis. Possession for possession's sake is perfectly acceptable when you're protecting a lead, but when you're hunting down a deficit, bombard the opposition goal with everything you've got

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

The way our support at ibrox gets on his back is fucking embarrassing.  Guess what, it’s not his fucking fault he has turn and pass it back cos Kent just stands on the touch line doing fuck all and no making any runs.  Plus he’s the last player that needs that abuse from the stands. 

Kent isn’t his only option though. The pass through the lines to Lawrence was on loads and he pretty much never made it.