*****The Official Rangers v Union Saint-Gilloise Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 hour ago, RDB14 said:

I agree.  My point is he hasn't done anything that would make me pull Barisic right out the side yet.  He needs to earn it in training and then in games.  Asking him to drop straight into a CL qualifier with no language skills in a new team/system is a big ask.

He’s played about 65 minutes :lol:

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Annoying as fuck that the game wasn’t on the tele last night, would’ve loved those BT shots of the atmosphere and carnage in the stands

All the highlight videos are with Flemish commentators too

I want to hear the bold Tom losing his head

i watched it on rangers tv  tom was good as usual

I’ve said this before and I’ll probably say it again see wee Tavernier never chucks it even if he’s having an off day, which wasn’t yesterday incidentally, keeps working away,  another win due to his work rate. That’s all folks. 

3 hours ago, AGM_72 said:

Aye, I think the Slavia tie as a whole came at a bad time for us too, nevermind the circumstances during the match. Really only Malmo where we let things slip inexplicably.

Aye Slavia I have always looked back that it was immediately after the title was clinched . Was maybe a bit of natural foot coming of the gas and players and support were basking in the glow of 55 and minds being just that bit more elsewhere . 

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

He’s played about 65 minutes :lol:

Exactly.  Barisic has played god knows how many minutes and come up trumps several times.  Spots in the starting 11 need to be earned, not just given out because you are a new signing.

6 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Exactly.  Barisic has played god knows how many minutes and come up trumps several times.  Spots in the starting 11 need to be earned, not just given out because you are a new signing.

He was rotten last season and been even worse this season 

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Gutted? Really?

He seems a nice guy and he did a job at times, but he was prone to one or two bomb scare moments 

Yes mate. I'd say his scary moments were in the vast minority of games he played. Looking at our side last night, everyone had a few scary moments, Sands included. If it were a straight swap, I'd go with Balogun every day of the week. He was also capable of stunning scything tackles too. He defended. 

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Still a bit surprised. Does he have a deal elsewhere yet?

Would still be fine as a squad option, if we go on to offload Helander and Katic. 

I honestly don't know. You're right, he'd be a great option now that we've lost Bassey!