*****The Official Rangers v Union Saint-Gilloise Thread*****

G.E.C.

7 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Comes to us with no surprise you actively went to another teams social media to revel in their misery 

Rangers winning was enough for the rest of us to smile imo

Of course I did. I love that shit. 

I want footage of cunts crying when we beat them 

Just now, AGM_72 said:

Especially when they're out drinking champagne on the pitch at half time in the tie. :lol:

The cunts were still time-wasting at 2-0 in the second leg, absolute no marks who got one result and thought they were big dogs.

My missus doesn’t even watch football and I showed her videos this morning of them on the pitch last week and even she thought it was the cringiest thing ever knowing that they are now out :lol:

5 hours ago, real boydie9 said:

I dont think winning about 66% of your home games in Europe is that good a stat , but if you consider how low we were in the rankings back in 2017/18 , and the quality of teams we played above us through the seasons , it's pretty incredible . 

Thought last night was a great example of how to break down a packed 10 men behind the ball defence.

We didn’t play great football but our tempo was relentless. We didn’t let them breathe. Aggressive press, ball always in play quickly from set piece.

And our goals just came in the end from pressure and mistakes. Doesn’t always have to be world class football. But we have to avoid playing against Livingston in the first half. Need to be at it with the pressure every game.

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I dont think winning about 66% of your home games in Europe is that good a stat , but if you consider how low we were in the rankings back in 2017/18 , and the quality of teams we played above us through the seasons , it's pretty incredible . 

When you consider we've not lost to/beat Dortmund, Braga twice, Porto, Benfica, RB, Red Star and Villarreal it's good going. 

Only lost to Malmo, Slavia, Leverkusen and Lyon in that time I think?

11 hours ago, Marco said:

He's still got far too many errors in him to be the solution at LB hence us forking out for Yilmaz, but when we need attacking threat and creativity he can produce on his night. :thumbsup:

Yilmaz needs to take the spot though.  Born a has been crucial for us in Europe and his balls in the box coupled with Alfie are really dangerous.  Yilmaz has been quiet so far, would love it if him and Borna can push each other and both be dependable.

Job done but that's a side we should have beaten home and away. We cried out for a rebuild this summer and we got it. Signs are hopeful that we purchased wisely while realising that we need more time to fully gel.

Our next opponents (the Dutch) will not play either leg with 2 banks of 5. Bring them on.

High fives in the boardroom this morning as we trouser another 5M. One victory away from the CL proper.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

4 defeats in 33 home games is an incredible record. Even some of the draws were good results such as Dortmund and Young Boys as it meant we advanced to the next stage.

The only really bad performance/result was that Malmo game IMO.

Racist FC we finished with 9 men, Leverkusen were incredible that night and I thought we played well vs Lyon who scored two very good goals.

Aye, I think the Slavia tie as a whole came at a bad time for us too, nevermind the circumstances during the match. Really only Malmo where we let things slip inexplicably.

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

The guy has barely played 90 minutes of football...

I agree.  My point is he hasn't done anything that would make me pull Barisic right out the side yet.  He needs to earn it in training and then in games.  Asking him to drop straight into a CL qualifier with no language skills in a new team/system is a big ask.