*****The official PSV v Rangers Champions league play-off match thread*****

kelvd1873

On 21/08/2022 at 11:15, Essandoh said:

Jesus Christ man 

Change your avatar to a big white flag 

He was just being realistic.   What's the point of coming onto a forum and posting a ridiculously optimistic score line if you feel that your head tells you it will most likely be a loss.  

Frankly I don't see us scoring two goals but I can see us conceding at least two.  Obviously I hope that I'm proven wrong on Wednesday.

What do you think the score will be?

I hope Lawrence is fit for this

McLaughlin

Tavernier Goldson Sands Barisic

Kamara Lundstram

Lawrence Tillman Kent

Colak

Will be tough but no reason why we can’t do it. Wouldn’t be surprised if it went all the way to penalties 

8 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

He was just being realistic.   What's the point of coming onto a forum and posting a ridiculously optimistic score line if you feel that your head tells you it will most likely be a loss.  

Frankly I don't see us scoring two goals but I can see us conceding at least two.  Obviously I hope that I'm proven wrong on Wednesday.

What do you think the score will be?

Conceding a game pre-kick off as a 3-0 pumping from a team who we’ve already scored twice against, and who have conceded in every competitive game this season, is being realistic? Really?

I think Rangers will progress. If pressed for a scoreline I’ll go 2-1 Rangers.

If it ends up 3-0 to PSV feel free to reply post match to tell everyone that your incredible pessimism won the day.

The usual negative posters are out in force but hey, it's a fitba forum.

People are writing us off like it was a backs to the wall performance against a European giant. No denying their qaulity but it was a game of two halves. We were better first half they were better second. We negated them from scoring in open play and if we can match that and improve set pieces we can win. Improvement needed but it ain't over til it's over.

8 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Conceding a game pre-kick off as a 3-0 pumping from a team who we’ve already scored twice against, and who have conceded in every competitive game this season, is being realistic? Really?

I think Rangers will progress. If pressed for a scoreline I’ll go 2-1 Rangers.

If it ends up 3-0 to PSV feel free to reply post match to tell everyone that your incredible pessimism won the day.

I didn't post 3 nil.   Do try and keep up.

I admire your optimism but I can't see any likelihood of a draw never mind a win.  We are simply not playing very well.  As I said, I hope the team prove me wrong.

18 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The usual negative posters are out in force but hey, it's a fitba forum.

People are writing us off like it was a backs to the wall performance against a European giant. No denying their qaulity but it was a game of two halves. We were better first half they were better second. We negated them from scoring in open play and if we can match that and improve set pieces we can win. Improvement needed but it ain't over til it's over.

It isn’t over because it’s still a draw going in. Imagine going into any other game of 90 minute football thinking we are out when it starts at 0-0. Minging 

On 22/08/2022 at 00:02, sausagetrunks said:

you think were champions level team? 

I am referring to how they will see themselves,they dropped down from the CL last year and saw them immediately become favourites to win the EL. 

Year on year they tend to make it through CL groups so yes I do. I see last year as a blip for then.

Anyway does not really matter a jot.

3 minutes ago, skinnymate1690 said:

We seem to be better when we are underdogs so I’m quietly expecting a good result . I’ll take going through on penalties now 

There won't be many comments like this at the moment, but I'm thinking the same tbh. Go through tomorrow and everything is so much more positive. Can happen!

We probably do better as underdogs, but the hope I had might be all but extinguished given the Alfredo news. I had imagined it set up nicely for him to come on and rag doll their defence and get us the goal we need. We can obviously still do it, but it’ll take a huge performance, resolute defending and clinical finishing. If Lawrence is out the task becomes even harder.