*****The official PSV v Rangers Champions league play-off match thread*****

kelvd1873

The second leg of the Champions League play-off at the Phillips Stadion Eindhoven Netherlands on Wednesday August 24. Kick off 8pm live on BT sports.

Time to roll up the sleeves and get stuck in. £millions at stake here in this massive game. I’m going for Rangers to win 2-1 Colak and Tillman the scorers. Having games tue/wed then Saturday will also help with the league imo. We don’t want to be playing catch up every Sunday. 

We need our big players to step up and deliver a dortmund away type performance. I’m looking for Goldson to get his head out of his arse and prove he wants to and has the ability to play in the CL. Kent needs to also get his finger out and pull the trigger if the chances present themselves. I would have said start Morelos but I’d prefer he stays on the bench after yesterdays performance. 

McGlaughlin

Tav     Goldson       Sands        Barasic

Lundstrum

Tillman                  Lawrence

Matondo                                  Kent

Colak

LETS GO!! 🇬🇧

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Matondo?

Fuck no.

I hear ye mate. But we will need pace and have to attack down the wings, is Scott wright going to do any better? Sakala isn’t getting a look in so for me although he was shite yesterday Matondo is the only one with real pace. 

We need to control that midfield and it should be a better chance. Lundstrum and Davis for me with Lawrence behind Colak. Matondo needs a bit of time, Kent on the left needs to cut the need for 3 stepovers and just beat one and pass it or shoot.

Borna has been playing well and Sands is good at the back

13 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Dundee Utd beat us in the league yet we made the Europa league final what’s your point?

Have you see us play ATM.  the boring passive negative and predictable football where can hardly muster a shot on goal. excuse me for having no confidence. 

9 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Have you see us play ATM.  the boring passive negative and predictable football where can hardly muster a shot on goal. excuse me for having no confidence. 

Yeah but that’s irrelevant to your point that cos we drew with Hibs we can’t beat psv

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Yeah but that’s irrelevant to your point that cos we drew with Hibs we can’t beat psv

ive no confidence in beating them, we could beat them anything could happen but the way were playing and have been playing this season is the reason for my lack of confidence. 

There’s a fine balance between being hard to beat and offering a threat. 

I expect we’ll go Jack/Davis and Lundstram, Wright and Kent on the wings and Tilman behind Colak. Gives us a relatively solid centre of the park, plus Kent and Wrights tracking back will be useful. 

Not convinced either of Kent of Wright offer a threat on goal mind

If either team goes for it, they’ll win. In the first leg, as soon as one team picked up the pace and pressured the other team, the defences struggled. I’m not convinced Gio will do it, though. I expect us to be very defensive in the first half. Then maybe go for it from 60 minutes.