*****The official PSV v Rangers Champions league play-off match thread*****

kelvd1873

I am usually the arch optimist but with our best European striker missing our biggest match in a decade - and actually attending a gym in an attempt to get fit - it's hard to see how a win in Eindhoven can be conjured up. There's obviously a few ructions in the camp but I just hope the team can galvanize themselves and produce a Dortmund away type performance.

2 hours ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

On the one hand, we have a coach who is a seasoned European campaigner, coached in the Champions League, well familiar with PSV and the Philips Stadion atmosphere, won the Eredivisie with the 3rd biggest club in Holland, one has never lost a two legged tie coaching in Europe, and on the other hand, PSV has a coach in his second game in Europe. For tactics and game to game adjustment, I trust Gio.

It’s a shame they don’t both have the same players to use then.

47 minutes ago, MVRanger said:

I am usually the arch optimist but with our best European striker missing our biggest match in a decade - and actually attending a gym in an attempt to get fit - it's hard to see how a win in Eindhoven can be conjured up. There's obviously a few ructions in the camp but I just hope the team can galvanize themselves and produce a Dortmund away type performance.

I'm with you, pretty pessimistic.

1 hour ago, MVRanger said:

We drew with them last week and Morelos wasn't involved. We need to top that performance obviously, but it can be done. 

Obviously not been feeling overly optimistic lately but nothing to lose here in a sense no away goals so it really is a 0-0 from kick off.

take the game too then as much as possible and we just might pull it off, that’s when we’re usually at our best.

get that bad feeling we will sit off though and then play not bad once we’re chasing as usual lol.

2 hours ago, MVRanger said:

Biggest match in a decade ? Surely Europa final with the glory of winning and going straight into champs league groups was the clubs biggest in a decade ?

6 hours ago, MVRanger said:

Morelos wasn’t even going to start anyway

4 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

at least put a player in who the support has confidence in atm, goldson is not that for press conferences.

Not often I agree with you but Goldson has the charisma of a kettle. Get someone out there with a positive personality and show confidence. Goldson could not show confidence that he could tie his shoe laces

7 hours ago, MVRanger said:

He's been going to that gym for months now. 

3rd attempt at this season's champions league. Safe to say we definitely won't deserve to be there if we lose.

If it's a containment job, we'll be lucky to last 30 minutes. If we find the right balance, be brave on the ball and attack with some purpose I think we'll do well. 

Sticking with my 2-1 Rangers prediction. More in hope than expectation, but 3rd time's the charm.

14 minutes ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

We have beaten better over the past few seasons. This is another European cup final for me it’s 90 mins to get into the champs league. Win at all costs Rangers 🇬🇧

Has the team stayed the same over the last few seasons? Or even from the Europa league final until now?

I don’t understand why people keep using old games as a marker of what we can do this evening :lol:

We can do this without doubt.

Will we do this -that is the question.

Obviously need to improve from last two games but you don't know if PSV will have an off night or play blinder.

That's the beauty of football.

Personally I think we go out after a battling performance.