*****The official PSV v Rangers Champions league play-off match thread*****

kelvd1873

19 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

He’s already agreed personal terms, don’t see how that will fuck with his head 

I’d say the worry about getting injured and losing the move might fuck with his head. Or he might want to go out on a huge performance. Could go either way.

59 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

We probably do better as underdogs, but the hope I had might be all but extinguished given the Alfredo news. I had imagined it set up nicely for him to come on and rag doll their defence and get us the goal we need. We can obviously still do it, but it’ll take a huge performance, resolute defending and clinical finishing. If Lawrence is out the task becomes even harder.

We simply need ALL the players to turn up and put a performance in

It feels like too many are still in pre season mode - whether or not we did enough prep in preseason I dont know but we dont look fit and the players look somewhat flat and disinterested/unsure of what they are doing

Overall there is a huge opportunity here so I hope every player getting a shirt puts in a performance worthy of it....something not too many of them can say so far but if this doesnt get their juices flowing what will?!

Think the game is on a knife edge, don't think there is much between the two sides. Can see a goal in it either way but also wouldn't be surprised if it went all the way to penalties tomorrow. Would be no shame in getting put out by PSV, their a good side with a few quality players but this could be the making of our team this season. 

3 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

Think the game is on a knife edge, don't think there is much between the two sides. Can see a goal in it either way but also wouldn't be surprised if it went all the way to penalties tomorrow. Would be no shame in getting put out by PSV, their a good side with a few quality players but this could be the making of our team this season. 

I’d take penalties right now. Can’t see anything other than a comfortable PSV win 

Watching match treads on here is depressing, 5 minutes before the game we get “get into these people Rangers” posts, 5 minutes after kick off we get the “Gio hasn’t got a clue” posts. Then when we score we get the “I love this team” posts.

This is the first time I have seen so many surrender monkey posts in years. Tomorrow is an uphill cup final, but still a one off game, they are favourites but we have beat better. Can nobody see anything positive at all, is no surrender just a cry?

I can’t see this action helping us offload Morelos (surely it reduces his value and any interest from other teams), it’ll be some climb back into the first team for him given how public we’ve gone with this and he can leave for free next year and probably get decent wages.  Not a smart move overall from the club regardless of circumstance.

to be honest I’d have probably taken him to PSV - the squad is filling me with fear a bit as it is and just don’t see where a goal or two will come from.

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Winner takes it all Champions League qualifier and we are without

Morelos

Roofe

Hagi

Davies

Souttar

Helander 

and our biggest signing of the season has played <90 minutes of football albeit in the squad. 

Terrible. 

True, and best described as a clusterfuck.

18 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

I can’t see this action helping us offload Morelos (surely it reduces his value and any interest from other teams), it’ll be some climb back into the first team for him given how public we’ve gone with this and he can leave for free next year and probably get decent wages.  Not a smart move overall from the club regardless of circumstance.

to be honest I’d have probably taken him to PSV - the squad is filling me with fear a bit as it is and just don’t see where a goal or two will come from.

it really does tell you when his team mates dont want him there. 

7 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Morelos

Roofe

Hagi

Davies

Souttar

Helander 

and our biggest signing of the season has played <90 minutes of football albeit in the squad. 

Terrible. 

The one good thing about tomorrow is away goals don't count, it could have been 0-0 or 10 each last week, means nothing, let's see how much these players want CL football. 

26 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Morelos

Roofe

Hagi

Davies

Souttar

Helander 

Terrible. 

5 injuries and someone acting the cunt. Not much we can do about it really. Overcome worse. 

9 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Must be honest, not going to listen to Connor Goldson's interview. Spends his career blaming every other cunts when he either passes the ball 5 yards to a breaking opposition forward or ducking out of the way of a shot.

What he has to say is of little interest 

1 hour ago, jaywalker said:

Watching match treads on here is depressing, 5 minutes before the game we get “get into these people Rangers” posts, 5 minutes after kick off we get the “Gio hasn’t got a clue” posts. Then when we score we get the “I love this team” posts.

This is the first time I have seen so many surrender monkey posts in years. Tomorrow is an uphill cup final, but still a one off game, they are favourites but we have beat better. Can nobody see anything positive at all, is no surrender just a cry?

Football fans in general are very fickle. 

12 minutes ago, Mols94 said:

ffs I thought the match was tonight :lol:. Was wondering why nobody had posted the line up yet.

I'm the same :lol: I did wonder why no one was posting. I checked the game on Flashscore and didn't see the lineup and still didn't twig.