*****The official PSV v Rangers Champions league play-off match thread*****

kelvd1873

No idea what to expect to be honest, hoping for a win as always, just not confident of one on current form.  Back 4 same as yesterday, but Midfield is key. Lundstrum is a given, and for me it’s  Lawrence and Tillman too probably. Jack doesn’t seem fit enough so can’t see him in there unless it’s to come on near end. Kamara out of sorts as well so probably out as well and he should be ideal for this game if on form.

Seen some folk would like Davis in there, but not for me, he’s great with space to play his passing game, but he doesn’t tackle and doesn’t win headers. Rarely goes past a player these days either. Think they will come at us more strongly this week, so midfield will need to be up for battle and have energy in there and strength to go toe to toe at times.  Davis doesn’t bring that, and last week Lundstrum had to cover for him and looked gubbed by 60 min mark. So he’s a no for me. 

Front line, Colak obviously, but both Kent and Matondo just not hitting any kind of form. Kent probably gets the nod, on left (no other option really)  but maybe a curve ball like Sakala on the left might be worth it. His directness and unpredictable nature might be good in there. Move Kent to right. Can switch if not working. But really need the front line to be better at holding up the ball, hopefully getting shy’s and fouls high up pitch coz feel we will be under cosh a lot. 

Whatever formation, every player is going to have to be up for it and play to their best for us to progress. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Wind out the sails a bit yesterday.

Think going through is highly unlikely. Needed a win at Ibrox and something to hang onto. 

Nah, have you seen us trying to 'hang on' ? 

Our best strength is attack and possession I think if we went over with a lead gio would have played a very defensive team to do exactly that, hang on 

At least we have to go out there and have a go now 

Be a tough task mind 

Don’t give a fuck how we get there but let’s get the win.

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Sands Barisic

Lundstram Davis

Kent Tillman Lawrence

Colak

Think GvB will go with Kamara as the 10 and Tillman will play wide right.

6 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Nah, have you seen us trying to 'hang on' ? 

Our best strength is attack and possession I think if we went over with a lead gio would have played a very defensive team to do exactly that, hang on 

At least we have to go out there and have a go now 

Be a tough task mind 

Gio will play defensive again out there, trying to counter them. 

If we get past PSV obviously it  changes this season. Its gonna need a Dortmund away like performance.

Gio needs to change things it's  going stale,Maybe bring Mcgregor back for this one and Alfredo also to win back the support after his stupid red card. Also Kamara he can be class in big games.

Mcgregor 

Tavernier Goldson Sands   Borna

Lundstram

Kamara            

Lawrence

Tillman                     Kent

Morelos 

Lawrence Tillman and Kent changing positions. Colak and Arfield used if chasing a goal.

Goals in this 2-4 Gers  get fucking intae them ❤️🤍💙🇬🇧🇬🇧 

I wish we had played away in the first leg as we were getting used to but the fact we lost the second goal at Ibrox means we can’t go to defend a slender lead, we have to go for it, they have got to be favourite to go through but that also suits us.

I hope to hell we go over there and go for it and if we do go down we go down with the colours flying and they know they have been in a game but I am strangely confident we will do it. How many games last year did we think “ah well we had a good run” we have to be positive, no away goals count double etc, this is a one off.

The defending at the moment worries me so this could be a bonkers scoreline as PSV aren't great in defence either.

It's a new week and game so i'll try and be positive and say PSV 2 - 3 Rangers.

McLaughlin

Tavernier Sands Davies Yilmaz

Lundstrum Davis

Lawrence Tillman Kent 

Colak

Any win will do me tbh C'Mon to fxck R A N G E R S!!!

20 minutes ago, LeoRFC72 said:

The defending at the moment worries me so this could be a bonkers scoreline as PSV aren't great in defence either.

It's a new week and game so i'll try and be positive and say PSV 2 - 3 Rangers.

McLaughlin

Tavernier Sands Davies Yilmaz

Lundstrum Davis

Lawrence Tillman Kent 

Colak

Any win will do me tbh C'Mon to fxck R A N G E R S!!!

Starting a possibly injured Davies and a Yilmaz who hasn’t been given any real game time yet and dropping our main cb. Class mate 

Defending worries you and that’s your suggested lineup :lol:

8 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

the Uefa cup is our level tbh.  we cant get a result at Hibs what chance do we have at PSV. 

PSV came third in their group last year in the Europa League and then got to the QFs of the conference. Yes we might struggle in the groups against a lot of teams in the UCL however we should not fear PSV. Plenty of times we have went away in Europe on a poor run of form and dug a result out.