*****The official PSV v Rangers Champions league play-off match thread*****

kelvd1873

32 minutes ago, Mols94 said:

ffs I thought the match was tonight :lol:. Was wondering why nobody had posted the line up yet.

18 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

I'm the same :lol: I did wonder why no one was posting. I checked the game on Flashscore and didn't see the lineup and still didn't twig. 

2 minutes ago, Master_Betty said:

I've just sat down with a beer and looking for a link! It's not tonight!?!?! 😂

Ban these cunts @Gogsy69

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

I'm really not feeling positive about this now. I feel we could potentially take a bit of a bleaching.

Sadly I agree.

I was hoping we would unleash a fit and firing Morelos but as that isn't even a possibility I can't see what we can do to stop PSV as they are a decent side.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Winner takes it all Champions League qualifier and we are without

Morelos

Roofe

Hagi

Davies

Souttar

Helander 

and our biggest signing of the season has played <90 minutes of football albeit in the squad. 

Terrible. 

To be fair I would like Alfredo there but he is not fit enough atm, Davi’s is a loss but the rest of that list isn’t causing me any heartache

On the one hand, we have a coach who is a seasoned European campaigner, coached in the Champions League, well familiar with PSV and the Philips Stadion atmosphere, won the Eredivisie with the 3rd biggest club in Holland, one has never lost a two legged tie coaching in Europe, and on the other hand, PSV has a coach in his second game in Europe. For tactics and game to game adjustment, I trust Gio.

35 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I'm really not feeling positive about this now. I feel we could potentially take a bit of a bleaching.

I feel the same, I feel a bit negative at the moment but we can also get a result too.

Hopefully the shite result at the weekend kicks the team into gear. 

11 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

On the one hand, we have a coach who is a seasoned European campaigner, coached in the Champions League, well familiar with PSV and the Philips Stadion atmosphere, won the Eredivisie with the 3rd biggest club in Holland, one has never lost a two legged tie coaching in Europe, and on the other hand, PSV has a coach in his second game in Europe. For tactics and game to game adjustment, I trust Gio.

RVN tactically got it spot on last week.

What i'd like...

McLoughlin

Tav     Goldson     Sands     Yilmaz

Lundstram     Lawrence

Matondo     Tillman     Kent

Colak

What i think we'll get.

McLoughlin

Tav     Goldson     Sands     Barasic

Lundstram     Davis

Wright          Kamara          Kent

Colak

45 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

I like the positivity.. wish I was feeling the same. Just not confident about tomorrow, but hope to fuck the team and Manager prove me wrong. Nervous already.

Just be thankful we never got Benfica! This is do able but it's a big ask. We've shown we can pull a result out of the bag before so I'm not completely pessimistic but our recent form is a worry. If we play to our strengths and don't do anything stupid then it's ours to win.

50 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Just be thankful we never got Benfica! This is do able but it's a big ask. We've shown we can pull a result out of the bag before so I'm not completely pessimistic but our recent form is a worry. If we play to our strengths and don't do anything stupid then it's ours to win.

Same. The pressure at being the home team and not having a lead to defend can work against them. 

As a fan base, surely we're due a break this week, no? :pipe: