*****The Official Rangers v Nonce FC Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

8 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Next time i am down in Glasgow I will PM you and see if you have the balls to say that to my face.

For the record I don't believe for one minute that @The Dude is a taig, offering people fights on an Internet forum is extremely childish and just silly really, yesterday was a shitshow, calm doon.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

again your spouting the same pish but nothing about £800k in the lower leagues. You’re fkn boring me.

I’ve literally explained it three times. Let me do it on really small sentences so maybe this time it might get through. 

Pre 2012, McCoist was on 800k.

After the Newco, Rangers had to legally honour McCoists contract with his terms protected for 12 months.

Despite the value of McCoists contract, Rangers made no attempt to renegotiate and reduce his salary.

In the process, McCoist became the only Rangers boss to have his salary disclosed in public accounts. 

There remained no attempt to renegotiate by Rangers. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Here’s another thing that really gets on my tits -

when the ball goes out for a throw why do we (99% of the time) wait on Tav or Borna to take it, allowing the opposition to  get in position. 

why the fuck can’t the nearest man pick it up and throw it in before they square up. 

this is a take on their ball boys chat btw. 

Plus whenever we had an attack and Hart for example caught the ball, their defenders were immediately sprinting away upfield putting us on the back foot. Contrast that with when McLaughlin retrieved the ball, so slow in distribution they had easily had enough time to get back into formation. Hopeless. 

34 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I’ve literally explained it three times. Let me do it on really small sentences so maybe this time it might get through. 

After the Newco, Rangers had to legally honour McCoists contract with his terms protected for 12 months.

Despite the value of McCoists contract, Rangers made no attempt to renegotiate and reduce his salary.

In the process, McCoist became the only Rangers boss to have his salary disclosed in public accounts. 

How would you know if the club tried to renegotiate his contract or were you in attendance at board meetings.

43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Think the point being made (and I sense you fully understand this) is that, having made a fucking great living out of Rangers for many years, it would have been in keeping with someone who really cared about the state we were in, to volunteer to offer (not wait for the club to approach him - we get that) to try to struggle by on a half or even a quarter of what he was entitled to.

I could probably get by on 200k a year if I tried and I’m sure he could managed without hitting the food bank too hard.

However he choose to keep draining the club (as he was entitled to) for a huge wedge when most supporters would have been a lot less greedy

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Think the point being made (and I sense you fully understand this) is that, having made a fucking great living out of Rangers for many years, it would have been in keeping with someone who really cared about the state we were in, to volunteer to offer (not wait for the club to approach him - we get that) to try to struggle by on a half or even a quarter of what he was entitled to.

I could probably get by on 200k a year if I tried and I’m sure he could managed without hitting the food bank too hard.

However he choose to keep draining the club (as he was entitled to) for a huge wedge when most supporters would have been a lot less greedy

Most our supporters would never be in that position in the first place. It's easy to say on the outside having never been in that position.

At the end of the day this is folks jobs and they are not going to walk away from money they are entitled to no matter how much it angers us.

2 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Few posters can't mind who but @STEPPS BOY comes to mind have hit the nail on the head, why are we playing 3 CDM against any team?

we are a far better attacking team than on the back foot we should be playing to our advantage and stop absolutely shiteing it.

I would only play two CDM when we play top quality teams, we've seen in games where JL plays on his own in that position Infront of the two CBs that we only need one against any spl team, you can understand playing two against the scum because they are the only team in the spl that can actually keep possession for any amount of time. 

Playing 3 is a joke.

That is the question I keep asking myself. To play 3 dms and then not even to go long ball when they were pressing so high it just beggars belief. I seriously question what gios tactics were. 

2 hours ago, DMax399 said:

All very well.  But who comes in?

Kjetil Knutsen - Surprised no one made a move for him in the summer. But did just see Bournemouth interested. If he's still available he would be a good option. His setup involves getting players pressing high up the pitch keeping opposition pinned back, moving the ball at pace and getting several players forward in attack. Sound familiar.

Sean Dyche - Currently without a club could change. Done some great work at Burnley. Kept them up several seasons even got them back into Europe. It would be a big change in setup. Plays a 4-4-2. In our league that could be very successful.