Perspective.

Our players should be forced to watch both the Ajax game and the one on Saturday until they realise they cannot defend for shit.

celtic ran through us time and time again while we were strolling around the park and Ajax did exactly the same thing.

The gaps between our defenders and their attackers was abysmal. Time and time again they had to control the ball look up see the movement and execute the pass without us laying a hand on them. Second half was better but it was too late by then.

Okay there is a massive difference in player value but basic football is get close to your man and hit him as soon as he gets the ball don't give him time to control it and have a look around and actually pass the ball before you tackle.

Pissed off by the last two matches and our attitude.

No clear certs to win the group I'd say it's wide open between the three other clubs we'll be lucky to score tbh. 

Summer of regrets really we have not capitalised on reinvesting the transfer fees we got wisely, mismanagement of Morelos also is starting to hurt the team, I honestly don't see how a player who played for some of the most progressive footballing teams Arsenal and Barca plus under Advocaat at us sets his team's up the way he does. 

This is head in the sand stuff. People are right to be “hysterical”. We are getting worse every week. We have no hunger or desire, no effort from most of the team. That is completely unacceptable. 

“Things will get better”……how long are we expected to wait?

We play the same system every single game - it doesn’t work

We play the same zonal marking every game - it doesn’t work 

We play ourselves into trouble most games with the fucking about in defence  - it doesn’t work 

I could go on but that is depressing enough. 

Im sorry, but waiting for things to “get better” isn’t an option. 

I can understand if we get beat 4-0 by getting ripped apart by a better team, someone red carded, penalties involved or dodgy offsides etc sometimes shit happens.

However that is not the case, we have no idea if the tarriers or Ajax are actually good due to the weakness that we demonstrated in back to back games that left us 3 down at HT in very similar circumstances.

The lack of reaction last night imo is more worrying, I think Ajax are a good team but we gifted possession and goals with a performance that was so far away from our away performance in Eindhoven you would think it was different teams.

Perspective is needed and our confidence is rock bottom but unfortunately a lot of it looks self inflicted and I am struggling to see how they turn it around given the fixture list does not let up.

I don’t think Celtic did even have to play their best game on Saturday .

Sat was not a pounding where Celtic were constantly hammering our goal . They simply capitalised  every time our players shut off and fell asleep. They got 3 chances in the first half and took every one of them . We then gifted them the 4th on a plate . Sad thing is they didn’t have to up their game because we were utter shite

I appreciate the optimism but I’ve never seen us lose 2 matches back to back 4-0. It’s not just the defeats but the manner of them. Rangers don’t lose 4 goals. It shows a lack of discipline and organisation. Players devoid of ideas and confidence. That concerns me more frankly and it needs to change right now. If we lose at the weekend it will be a crisis. Mark my words. 

Defeats like last night can happen in Europe. It's the manner of defeat though it's the fact that the energy levels are so low and the ability to complete basic tasks seem beyond the players. Listening to Klopp on sky this morning commenting on Liverpool  he said we need to reinvent ourselves. That's exactly what's required at Rangers, stop the negative slow play, perhaps a change a shape and personnel for Saturday. 

Here we go.

Deflection of the highest order just like when he sat the bed last year and the comment slide its not his team were churned out.

Well it is his team now and the football he serves up is utter pish not to mention going back to the horror days of cricket scores against them.

If you seriously think Gio can win the title and domestically rule in Scotland with his defensive boring eye bleeding football then holy fuck.

24 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I appreciate the optimism but I’ve never seen us lose 2 matches back to back 4-0. It’s not just the defeats but the manner of them. Rangers don’t lose 4 goals. It shows a lack of discipline and organisation. Players devoid of ideas and confidence. That concerns me more frankly and it needs to change right now. If we lose at the weekend it will be a crisis. Mark my words. 

Drop points Saturday and lose Tuesday and Gios gone IMO but he shouldn't be the only one.

5 hours ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Battered 4:0 two away games in a row.

Once by the enemy, who many will now believe are nailed on to win the league again.

The other by a team near certs to win our CL group.

Then other results came in...Liverpool battered by a near identical score in Naples..in fact Naples missed a penalty whcih would have made it a clear 4 goal defeat. The Frankfurt stunned 3:0 at home. The only other Finalist from the end of last season won a hard fought match against our conquerors.

Did I not read that Ajax were going to treat us with maximum respect in their pre match briefings? They certainly learned the lesson of their great Dutch rivals, PSV, whom we very recently stunned, in Holland, and probably woke the fuck out of teams who would otherwise have underestimated us to their massive cost. As European finalists, we are also a big scalp right now. Everyone wants a piece of us. And they have realised that we can upset teams, no matter who they are or where they are. 

So that wasn't just a standard beating from a top team with huge European pedigree, there was also a massive respect paid to us that they brought their A game. And some.

And Saturday's game reflects the same sentiment...they knew they had to up their game, and they did exactly that.

The hysterical response to both hammering defeats is all very predictable, but that's football. We are not out of either competition despite what both teams did, by the same margin, and both still have to face us in the return fixture at our place. Where I am sure our fans will be glad to let them know who's fucking boss/

Gio has to get the confidence back off the floor. But i know that if Liverpool can let 4 in, it can happen to anyone. Gio has to get them up to speed, get them right back on their game and we will be back in contention.

They are no easy games, but why should there be? If we were in a top league, we would be up against top teams week in week out, with no gaps to take stock and reboot. That is what we wanted by getting into the Champions League.

About 20 years ago we lost 6:2 to Them. The next time  they came to Ibrox we fucked them 5:1.

Step back, get a bit of perspective. After a dismal week, things will get better.

In fact, if I was Gio, my advice to the team would be this. Speed the fuck up. Chase everything. Give the other side no time. Up the tempo. Harrass. Let's see how teams cope if we learn the lessons just handed out to us.

Take your head out of the sand and wise up. We've been absolutely battered in the last two matches conceding 8 goals and in truth it should have been much more. No positives to take from either games.

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Here we go.

Deflection of the highest order just like when he sat the bed last year and the comment slide its not his team were churned out.

Well it is his team now and the football he serves up is utter pish not to mention going back to the horror days of cricket scores against them.

If you seriously think Gio can win the title and domestically rule in Scotland with his defensive boring eye bleeding football then holy fuck.

This.

Anyone who tries to argue this is a knee jerk reaction to a bed week has got their head deep in the sand.

This team: individual players, tactics, selection, gameplay, set-plays, fitness and hunger/aggression has regressed hugely since van Bronkhurst took over. There's not one part of the football side of the club you could look at and say "well at least that's improved" everything is much worse.

He's an utter fraud who not only obviously doesn't understand how to fix these problems but is actively making them worse week on week.

It's also obvious that the dressing room is not behind him. In a week where Tuchel was sacked for a similar reason what excuse do the Rangers board have for not taking action?  Instead they will react in their usual slug-like torpor completely divorced from the fans opinion.

The only time they react quickly is if someone threatens them directly and the Parks specifically.

Maybe someone should start an online rumour that GvB is going to start a coach company, he'd be sacked within the day.

I can appreciate the sentiment. However it’s the way we lost both games. 
I would feel better if we looked good, had some chances, fought like fuck, brave in the tackle, run non stop, went in hard for 50-50’s. 
We did the very opposite and generally looked lost wandering around in awe at the opposition.