Can we win the title?

MacBoyd

I honestly think getting Europe out the way even finishing bottom of the champions league group so we don’t have those extra games, travelling and distractions could have a big say in things. We had our amazing run last year and can enjoy the champions league occasions now but I’d rather we won the league this year.

They got themselves punted out of Europe fielding a B-team to Bodo Glimt away to focus on the league while we got to a European final playing Thursday/Sunday until the end of the season. Europe usually has a big detriment on who wins the league tbh. Let’s give those cunts a shot at batting into the new year playing on Thursdays, not that they’ll go far.

Today changes things a little bit. They are still clear favourites and I don’t think we will win it but at least keeps it interesting for a while. 

Make it to January no worse than we are now then a good transfer or two could swing things. No laughing at the last part. 

A better manager has us 2 or 3 points ahead. 

Good time to get some fresh ideas in with the break, get players back fit. 

Issue is with Gio we look more likely to drop points, keep playing the same way,keep picking the out of form players. 

Said before let's see the silky play continue into winter, all about who adapts best, we always seem to do poorly.

13 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Today changes things a little bit. They are still clear favourites and I don’t think we will win it but at least keeps it interesting for a while. 

Make it to January no worse than we are now then a good transfer or two could swing things. No laughing at the last part. 

Let’s laugh at the first bit then 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

19 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

Looking at the positives, the weekend basically counters the result at the piggery, 3 points back and 3 of the 4 goals. However, if we don't seriously buck up our ideas then this might only be a blip. Even at 5 points of course we can, but to win the title, they need to want to win it, and I don't believe there's enough in that squad who want it enough.

Sorry to be pedantic but the piggery was an 8 goal swing. 

7 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

If we sort the games against them out we'll win the league. Since he joined us Gio and postecoglu's record against the rest is extremely similar.

75 points vs 73 points I believe? 

I know many go on about the results vs the rest being more important but I think our results vs them are most important like it was effectively last season. 

Looks as if it is back on. Serves the filth supporters right for disrespecting Liz. Karma ya clowns!

Don't know why people build the scum up to be better than they are. If we got beat 2-0 by St Mirren this place would implode!

There's is a long way to go and both us and them will drop points. Vital we beat them when we play them at Ibrox though. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

75 points vs 73 points I believe? 

I know many go on about the results vs the rest being more important but I think our results vs them are most important like it was effectively last season. 

Aye 75-74 to postecoglu.

If things go like this then it will be the results against them which will be our downfall. Sometimes it really isnt pretty under Gio but he does, in comparison to celtic, get results. 

Hopefully a wee run up until New Year and momentum with us can change the dynamic against them head to head!

6 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

That today doesn’t change much for me, they were always going to drop points eventually. Need to see more from us. 

Were they though? I seem to remember a lot of posts saying they would drop none outside of us having to beat them

5 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

That today doesn’t change much for me, they were always going to drop points eventually. Need to see more from us. 

I agree. I’m obviously happy with the outcome of the weekend but we just need to focus on ourselves and our own performances and results. I can cope with poor performances if we are picking up points but we’ve dropped too many for the early stage of the season. We need to improve a lot in the coming weeks.