*****The Official Rangers v Liverpool Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

3 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Can appreciate heat of the moment comments, it was fucking painful and embarrassing can’t deny it.

but realistically regardless of manager, we can’t compete at this level.

especially with the honking recruitment pre season 

Maccabi Haifa and Dinamo Zagreb if anything teams with less resource than us competing just fine 

3 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Can appreciate heat of the moment comments, it was fucking painful and embarrassing can’t deny it.

but realistically regardless of manager, we can’t compete at this level.

especially with the honking recruitment pre season 

There's going down fighting and then there's downing tools and accepting an absolute pasting in your own stadium. He has lost the dressing room.

1 minute ago, NitshillBear said:

I blame the 11 on the park. No team should be coming to Ibrox and scoring 7. They shat themselves and started running about like wee boys.

I’m not saying the team or manager are blameless but Wilson is the architect of our footballing philosophy, continuity and transfers.

He put the manager in place.

He rubber stamps the transfers.

He needs to go.

Wilson out.

Just now, Moody Blue said:

Wired in, high tempo first half. Dunno what was said in the dressing room but that team chucked it second half. Needs sacked now, not sure the board will do it and they will take fucking weeks to work out what to do next. 

First step after Gios sacking would be bring out a 5th limited edition orange top with thanks for the Europa League final Gio logo on it. 

The biggest issue is just how bad our full backs are, with both Tav and Barisic terrible in defence and going forward it leaves our defence constantly under pressure.  We need players willing to snap into challenges and winning 50-50s instead we have timid players too busy being in awe of the opposition. 

4 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Not sure what manager people think would do much better with this current squad ?

Lots of Managers.....

What manager can do better and we can attract...... limited few and will need some luck.

Knutsen, Shota Avaladze, 

It's a moot point anyway. Board can't afford a new manager.

So Gio needs to adapt or die..... can he though.

Big injury issues now so that won't help.

Just now, JackAlex93 said:

There's going down fighting and then there's downing tools and accepting an absolute pasting in your own stadium. He has lost the dressing room.

I get that, but for me it comes down to recruitment again. I don’t mean to sound like I’m this massive pro GVB man but he’s been massively hung out to dry by the club 

Is that our worst ever result in Europe? I can’t ever mind a performance like that from us. I’m actually quite numb after that. I didn’t expect us to win in all honesty but it just isn’t what I ever expect to see from a Rangers team, no matter who we play. Not sure what happened at half time but it clearly wasn’t good. There probably in the cold light of day needs to be a sense of perspective but it’s clear we have a long long way to go financially and quality on the pitch to deliver at this level.