***** Rangers vs Ross County - Scottish Premiership *****

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

I’m not sure you can say once in a while, he’s pretty much been excellent since Beale came in. Been involved in 9 or 10 goals.

He’s not good enough to start for me. Good option from the bench but he’s not the level I want starting games going forward because quite honestly I still have no fucking clue what he is about to do when he gets the ball 

21 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What? Based on which games have we wanted better than the likes of Sakala?

Just about all of them?

Since Beale came in Sakala has been constantly very good, and this is coming from someone who has been very critical of him in the past.

What kind of message does it send to the squad when players who had an 8 or 9 out of 10 performance are then dropped for someone just in the door.

15 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He’s not good enough to start for me. Good option from the bench but he’s not the level I want starting games going forward because quite honestly I still have no fucking clue what he is about to do when he gets the ball 

Common Williamson L these days, sadly

At the moment I disagree with you, he's the best option we have there, in the summer we need to bring another quality player in for that position if Hagi can't reach his old levels following his injury

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Since Beale came in Sakala has been constantly very good, and this is coming from someone who has been very critical of him in the past.

What kind of message does it send to the squad when players who had an 8 or 9 out of 10 performance are then dropped for someone just in the door.

Aye doesn’t bother me what message it sends tbh mate, this squad needed competition and it’s finally arrived.

County at home is the perfect game to play them both and clearly going by last weekend Beale isn’t afraid to drop players and try new faces. 

It’s no coincidence that midfield stepped up on Wednesday night btw 

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Common Williamson L these days, sadly

At the moment I disagree with you, he's the best option we have there, in the summer we need to bring another quality player in for that position if Hagi can't reach his old levels following his injury

That’s fine mate, you can disagree with me if you want. I like Sakala but I don’t want someone so capable of tripping over their own feet being our starting option in that position going forward. 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

That’s fine mate, you can disagree with me if you want. I like Sakala but I don’t want someone so capable of tripping over their own feet being our starting option in that position going forward. 

The option currently is Sakala or Wright ?

Hagi can't currently start games. Who'd you play? Lowry?

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Davies Barisic

Raskin Kamara

Cantwell Tillman Kent

Morelos 

Maybe in a few weeks but I don't think Cantwell is really ready to start games yet either, last thing I want is for him to get an injury because we've thrown him in to high intensity games when he's barely kicked a ball in 6 months

Just now, psb07158 said:

Maybe in a few weeks but I don't think Cantwell is really ready to start games yet either, last thing I want is for him to get an injury because we've thrown him in to high intensity games when he's barely kicked a ball in 6 months

He started last week, featured away to Hearts and it’s Ross County at home mate 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I certainly wouldnt be dropping sakala for this game, his runs on one side in behind and Kent doing the same gives goldson plenty opportunities to use that long pass he has gotten very decent at, 

Dont see county coming and sitting on their 18yd line so think they'll be space in behind especially if we break quickly, 

TBH think that will be the opposite of what County are going to do. They’ll have watched what happened to Hearts when they tried to play open. And it will be back to park the bus with a low block which we’ve struggled with.

No chance they’re coming to Ibrox to have a go and leave Sakala one vs one like he got against celtic and Hearts. 

I'm actually looking forward to us playing tomorrow....the last couple of months under Gio (sheep at home apart) were fucking brutal to watch....I'm not saying Beale has turned us into a free flowing football machine as yet but if we start performing the way we did on Wednesday in a more consistent basis then I can see us start to blow teams away....we defo have a feelgood factor again and our two new signings should hopefully enhance this

10 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Davies Barisic

Raskin Kamara

Cantwell Tillman Kent

Morelos 

Cantwell can’t be shifted out to the right just to shoe horn him in. We’ve tried this over and over with new signings and it’s not worked. The position needs addressed properly in the summer but until then we go with who’s in form at the current time, and just now it’s Sakalas shirt to lose. 

10 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The message is - we want to continually improve the team, and if we can bring in new players better than the existing ones, that’s what we’ll do. And if you want to stay in the first 11, you’ll need to get better. 

Sakala is probably the last guy in that starting 11 at the moment that needs competition. Arguably been our most dangerous player the last month or two and has the stats to prove it.

We moan about goals and assists so often but we have a guy who since the moment he came in the door has provided this along with burning pace and a good desire.

Also to change the front 4 of Sakala, Tillman, Kent and Morelos makes no sense. It's been the highlight of Beale's reign so far.

38 minutes ago, KyleBJK said:

Cantwell can’t be shifted out to the right just to shoe horn him in. We’ve tried this over and over with new signings and it’s not worked. The position needs addressed properly in the summer but until then we go with who’s in form at the current time, and just now it’s Sakalas shirt to lose. 

He literally started over Sakala last weekend, there’s a good chance it happens again

22 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Sakala is probably the last guy in that starting 11 at the moment that needs competition. Arguably been our most dangerous player the last month or two and has the stats to prove it.

We moan about goals and assists so often but we have a guy who since the moment he came in the door has provided this along with burning pace and a good desire.

Also to change the front 4 of Sakala, Tillman, Kent and Morelos makes no sense. It's been the highlight of Beale's reign so far.

He dropped Sakala last weekend for Cantwell who at that stage hadn’t played a second for us. 

That second paragraph is nonsense btw. He’s been good since Beale came in but for the longest time nobody wanted Sakala near the side because his only attribute was his pace.